Dangerous Life (Re-Post)

Guest Melbelle94

Chapter Ten

Lexi sat nervously in the chair, Bianca sat on the couch with Heath and Casey, Ruby sat on Casey's lap clinging to him. Brax sat in the arm chair across from her. Ricky at left to give them space, but Lexi found herself wishing the older woman had stayed to keep Brax calm.

"So Lexi, what is going on? Where's he gone?" Casey asked.

"Why did his father get so adjitated?" Heath found himself speaking.

Bianca sighed. "Does Mason physically hurt Juliet; you could see her face is filled with fear at times"

Alexis rubbed her hands nervously over her thighs. "I...can we stick to one question at a time?" Lexi asked, blushing slightly and Ruby nodded.

"Where has Uncle Kyle gone?"

Lexi bit her bottom lip. "Home. He's gone after his father" Lexi answered as she turned to Heath. "Mason doesn't like to be questioned, to be spoken back to, he hates any sign of disrespect which is what we showed him" Lexi told him as she turned to Bianca. "Umm, I don't know if Kyle would like me to answer that"

Bianca nodded slightly. "You can tell us if we are right though, he abuses her doesn't he?" Bianca asked and Lexi looked down as she nodded slowly. "I thought so. Does Kyle abuse you?"

Lexi looked up sharply, to some people it seemed like abuse, but she knew Kyle would never punch her, or strike her across the face, it was never like that. "Kyle disciplines me, but only when it's unavoidable"

Brax scoffed. "You're not his child, a wife should be held equal"

Lexi shook her head. "That isn't how Mason sees it, he holds too much power. Kyle follows the orders his father lays out, how he treats me is the bare minimum of what his father expects" Lexi looked up to meet Brax's eyes. "Kyle has only ever tried to protect me, it's not perfect and at times I hate him but it could be worse. It could be worse for all of us, if Kyle didn't do as instructed then I'd be dead, you'd all be dead"

^..^

Kyle stood outside the Braxton house with Stella in his arms, Charlie stood beside him with Hayden and Rocco clinging to her hands. He could tell she was nervous, unsure of what waited for her behind the front door. She knew Brax was with Ricky but she also knew she was the love of his life, the love they had for one another ran deeper than anyone else's.

Looking over at her, he saw the reassuring smile she was giving him.

"It'll be alright, Kyle" Charlie assured him but Kyle gave her a knowing look.

"They'll hate me after this, I kept you safe but they lost time with you" Kyle muttered and Charlie shook her head.

"They can't be mad at you when they see I'm not, you protect me, Kyle, you protected us" Charlie told him.

Kyle nodded shortly. "You ready?"

Charlie nodded as she drew in a deep breath. "I got no choice"

Stella tugged on Kyle's shirt and he looked down. "You no let go, Uncle Kyle, no let go" Stella told him and Kyle nodded.

"I won't let you go" Kyle promised as he kissed her cheek as a little giggle escaped her lips.

^..^

Entering the house, Kyle could physically see the reaction in Charlie as she cringed beside him as the family in front of them reacted to seeing her. Their faces paling and jaws dropping at the sight of her.

"Mum?" Ruby shrieked, rubbing her eyes as if they were playing tricks on her.

"Auntie Lexi! Auntie Lexi" Hayden shouted as he let go of Charlie's hand and rushed over, throwing himself around her legs.

"Auntie!" Rocco exclaimed rushing up and throwing himself around her other leg.

Lexi glanced up and looked at Charlie, then at Kyle, her eyes were wide with fear. "How?"

Charlie shook her head. "Don't ask, Lex, don't ask"

"Auntie Lexi" The boys whined causing her to glance down.

Lexi smiled. "My favourite dudes, what are you doing here? Did you miss me that much?" Lexi teased as she took their hands and walked them back over to Kyle and Charlie.

"Mum!" Ruby exclaimed again.

Charlie glanced over and nodded slightly, her baby girl stood before her, her now teenage daughter. Her nineteen year old. "Hi Rubes"

"What the ****ing hell?" Brax shouted an Stella cringed into Kyle.

"Uncle Kyle" Stella cried out.

Kyle glanced at Lexi. "Take them into the bedrooms, they don't need to be here for this" Kyle told her as he went to hand Stella over.

"No! No!" Stella screamed and Kyle looked at Charlie.

Charlie nodded slightly as she moved forward. "Ella, you need to go with Auntie Lexi, you'll see Uncle Kyle soon. Don't you want to give Auntie Lexi cuddles?"

Lexi smiled. "I need special Stella cuddles"

Stella tilted her head. "Did he be mean to you?" Stella said referring to Mason and Lexi looked at Kyle, she saw the look in his eyes.

"Yeah, so I need special Stella cuddles to make it better" Lexi told her and Stella nodded as she reached for her Aunt. "Come on Hayde, Rocco"

"Rocco?" Heath shouted as Lexi pulled the boys down the hall.

"What the hell is going on? How are you alive?" Brax asked as he looked at Kyle with a raised eyebrow.

Kyle glanced at Charlie; she was looking at him with wide eyes, begging him to speak. "Brax..."

"KYLE! What the ****ing hell is going on? How do you two know each other? She was meant to be dead"

Charlie looked at him as she sunk onto the couch. "You tell them"

Kyle looked at her, shaking his head. "I'm legally bound, contract, remember. You have to tell them"

Charlie raised eyebrow. "You know the details, just tell them, Ky"

Brax thumped his fist on the table. "Someone start talking. NOW!" Brax demanded.

Charlie sighed as she looked up. "I was kidnapped by Mason"

Brax turned to Kyle, glaring as he took a step forward threateningly. "I thought the love of my life, died but you had her all along?" Brax's voice was dangerously low. "What the ****? I thought you were our brother"

Kyle shook his head. "It wasn't like that Brax, I didn't know. I didn't know until it had already happened, until she was in the house, it was too late" Kyle defended himself.

"For ****s sake" Brax bellowed too loudly that everyone remained silent. "KYLE!"

Charlie stood up from the house and stepped over to Kyle. "Brax, calm down" Charlie pleaded.

"Calm down?" Brax looked at her like she was insane. "He stole you from me"

Charlie shook her head. "It wasn't like that" Charlie told him, she was firm and Brax crossed his arms, glaring at her and Kyle. "Kyle's been protecting me, he was going to bring me home sooner but it wasn't safe"

"Can everyone shut up?" Bianca shouted loudly, causing everyone to look at her. "Was that my child, was that my Rocco?" Bianca asked softly and Kyle nodded shortly.

"Yes" Kyle answered.

Heath moved like a blur, he grabbed Kyle and slammed him into a wall. "Bastard. Who do you think you are?" Heath shouted as he punched his younger brother in the jaw.

"Heath!" Charlie begged.

"Uncle Kyle?"

Heath dropped Kyle at the sound of his child's voice, spinning around he was met with a younger version of himself, an identical version. Bianca choked back a sob at the sight of her son.

"Uncle Kyle?" Rocco asked again innocently.

Kyle pushed himself of the floor, holding his jaw as he shook his head. "It's alright, bud. Come here" Kyle encouraged and Rocco rushed into his arms.

"Why's daddy angry?" Rocco asked and Kyle glanced down, before he looked back at Heath.

Shock radiated in Heath's face it was clear he didn't expect Rocco to know who he was.

"Remember what I told you about my dad being a bad man and taking you away from your mummy and daddy?" Kyle asked and Rocco nodded. "Your daddy didn't know you were with us, so he's mad" Kyle explained as he placed the three and a half year old on the floor.

Rocco looked at Heath as his father wrapped his arms around his mother. "You no be mad at my Uncle, not be mad, daddy" Rocco demanded as he looked up at his Uncle and Auntie. "Uncle Ky and Auntie Charlie keep me safe, Uncle Ky help me come home"

"Why don't you go say hi to you mummy and daddy" Kyle said as he messaged his jaw, Charlie tilted his head to have a look.

"As if your dad's hit wasn't enough" Charlie said disapprovingly as she caught Rocco's eye. "Say hello, sweetheart" Charlie encouraged.

"Hi mummy, hi daddy" Rocco said sweetly as he wrapped his arms around their legs. "Me missed you"

Bianca sobbed as she crouched down and wrapped her arms around him. "I missed you, I missed you so much baby. I love you" Bianca sobbed as Heath knelt down to their level.

"I love you mate, I love you" Heath said as he pulled his small family into a hug.

Brax glared at Kyle. "You better start talking" Brax demanded as Ruby rushed over and hugged Charlie.

"I missed you mummy"

"I missed you more baby, every day I missed you. I love you so much baby girl" Charlie murmured as she kissed the top of Ruby's head tears trailing down her cheeks.

Kyle phone started blaring and Charlie immediately her head. "I got to take this"

Charlie raised an eyebrow. "It's him"

Kyle nodded. "Yeah, he's going to be ripping the house apart at the moment"

Charlie shook her head. "No. He's going to kill you, Kyle. He's going to kill you" Charlie repeated and Kyle shook his head.

"Nah. He's not going to kill me, Charlie but he is going to want me home" Kyle said.

Brax scoffed. "You ain't going anywhere, your ****ing telling us everything"

Charlie shook her head. "You'll leave him be, Brax, I mean it. He did the best he could protecting me and our children, don't you dare blame him for any of this. Blame Mason"

Kyle's phone stopped ringing and he glanced down. "****"

"We have children?!" Brax thundered and Charlie glanced up, her arms tightening on Ruby.

"Yes, two, twins. Stella Grace and Hayden Darryl" Charlie told him as Alexis emerged from the hallway, Stella in her arms and Hayden by her side.

"Lex, we gotta go" Kyle mumbled and Lexi nodded, but it could be seen in her facial expression that she was terrified at the idea of going back to that house.

Hayden clung to his leg. "No go, you not go, Uncle!" Hayden said and Kyle knelt down.

"I have to buddy, I told I'd bring you home and now you have to stay here" Kyle told him and Stella cried out from Lexi's arms.

"No go!"

Rocco pulled away from Bianca tight grip and wrapped his arms around Lexi's leg. "No go, Auntie Lexi, you stay"

Lexi glanced down. "Sorry buddy, not this time. Auntie Lexi and Uncle Kyle have to go, you'll see us again one day sweetheart" Lexi promised as he kissed his forward and moved over to Brax. "I'm sorry for everything Brax, but don't blame Kyle it was never his fault. You go to daddy, now Ella" Lexi said as she passed Stella over, cringing at the little girls sobs.

Charlie unwrapped her arms from Ruby and threw her arms around Lexi. "For your sake please be good" Charlie pleaded as she squeezed. "I'm begging you Lex"

Lexi giggled. "Always Charlie, always. Come say bye to Auntie Lexi, Hayde" Lexi called as she pulled away from Charlie and collected Hayden from Kyle's arms; he kissed the little boy on the head and bumped knuckles.

Kyle was cautious as he said good-bye to Rocco and then Stella, Brax glared at him as he came close enough to kiss Stella.

"I'll miss you" Charlie said as she wrapped her arms around Kyle. "Please stay safe and contact us when you can, please?" Charlie asked.

Kyle squeezed gently and kissed the top her head. "We'll see, I won't be in contact until I know you're in the clear, until he's stopped searching"

"Why aren't you staying, Uncle Kyle?" Ruby asked coldly, he could tell she was upset that he had kept her mum away.

"I can't. My father is going to want someone to blame, it's better if I'm that person and not this family" Kyle said as he held his hand out to Lexi and she took it. "Thanks for everything, we might see you eventually" Kyle said as he stepped out of the front door guiding Lexi to the car.

Charlie leaned against the door frame, her children and Rocco standing around her legs as they watched Kyle get into the car and drive away.

"How did you escape?" Brax asked the question everyone had been thinking.

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review! Let me know what you think.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes how did they escape? :D Hidden trunnels hidden passage?

Nice reactions from Heath and Bianca at seeing Rocco. Did they think he had somehow died or did he go missing?

I don't why but I found Brax's reaction quite amusing with him swearing all the time :P It's nice that he has Charlie back now though. I wonder where that will put Ricky now?

I wonder what Mason has in store for Kyle, and what sort of trouble his going to be in?

Update again soon

Thankyou for the continuous support throughout my stories everyone! Its lovely to hear your thoughts! :)

Chapter Eleven:

"Mum, talk to us. Why do you care about what happens to him, to her?" Ruby asked as she perched herself on the arm of Brax's chair.

They were all concerned; Charlie had barely spoken a word to them, to anyone except for when she had put the children to bed. It was clear she was worried, but they couldn't begin to comprehend why she cared for someone who kept her away from them.

Brax pinched the bridge of his nose as he let a deep sigh run through his body. "Charlie?"

Charlie turned around, clutching her cup of tea in her hands tightly. "I care because he protected me for three years, he cared deeply for us. I've witnessed horrible things and I can only imagine what Mason would be doing to Kyle right now. I can't help but worry" Charlie spoke as she sunk into the chair beside her, pulling her knees to her chest.

"We've miss you mum, haven't you missed us at all?" Ruby spoke and Charlie gasped as she looked at her eldest daughter.

"Of course I have Ruby, how can you ask...how could you think that? I missed you every day I was gone" Charlie murmured. "It's hard to explain, you didn't live in my situation. I just want him to be okay, he's like my brother now. He is your brother" Charlie said as she glanced at the three brothers in front of her.

Heath chuckled darkly. "He took my son from me; our supposed brother took my son"

"Mason did" Charlie corrected. "They are separate people. Kyle would never spilt up a family, never take someone hostage"

Brax shook his head. "Pretty sure Alexis is his hostage, she wouldn't be around unless she was forced"

Charlie smiled slightly. "You have no idea how deep their connection runs. Lexi wouldn't leave his side unless he forced her to. She loves him" Charlie told them as she traced at the top of her cup with her finger.

Bianca glared; she was still fired up on emotions from seeing Rocco. "He abuses her"

Charlie glanced up to meet her gaze. "People have their opinions, you are entitled to yours. I see it differently. Mason abuses his wife, he uses his fists, he stomps on her, he has broken her bones countless times" Charlie paused as she looked at Bianca. "I agree that what Kyle does isn't ideal but he has to do something, if he didn't then Mason would have Lexi...he would have her killed. Kyle does the bare minimum, it might hurt Lex but it doesn't leave the bruises Mason does" Charlie glanced around the room. "He wouldn't treat her that way unless he was protecting her; they both know what his father is like. Ask yourself this Bianca, if you were Lexi would you choose to have Mason, break your arm, maybe your leg - he could possibly throw you down the stairs, land a solid kick to your ribs and break them or you could choose Kyle. I don't approve but I don't go against him, and he wouldn't punish her unless he deemed it was absolutely unavoidable"

Bianca laughed. "You're defending him!"

"I'm defending Kyle and Alexis's choice!" Charlie said sternly as she stood up. "You think he would lay a hand on her if she disagreed to the plan?" Charlie asked. "You don't like it, I get it but you don't have to. It's quiet simple, she either stands by Kyle and receives any punishment he chooses to deal out or she dies. Mason could have her wiped from this earth is 32 seconds. 1 phone call, 1 bullet - she's dead"

Ruby glanced at Brax with a worried gaze as Charlie paced over to the window. "You think that Mason's going to kill them..." Ruby whispered and Charlie shuttered.

"I think it's a possibility" Charlie said softly as she leaned against the window frame.

^..^

Kyle flung his bedroom door open and stalked towards the ensuite blood dripping from his mouth, a gash to his head. Alexis sat frozen by the fire as the bedroom door finally slammed closed behind him, but as she turned to seek him out he had already move into their private bathroom.

She couldn't help the uneasy feeling within her, as soon as they set foot on the compound grounds all hell had broken lose.

To say she had had been terrified was an understatement, but Kyle stayed true to his word and protected her as always, he'd sent her to their room with stern orders to stay put. Lexi had been thankful but frightened for him at the same time.

"Oi. Clean this up"

Lexi shook the thoughts away and glanced up at Kyle who sat in the chair in front of the fire, holding a cloth in his hand. "It looks deep" Lexi murmured as she moved to her knees in front of him taking the cloth and dabbing the area around his gash.

Kyle frowned. "I'm fine, just do what you can"

Lexi nodded slightly as she started to clean away the blood. "What did he say?"

"Mind your own business" Kyle chided softly.

Lexi blushed as she looked into his eyes. "Sorry. I just wanted to know if I'm bound to this room for all eternity"

Kyle chuckled at her facial expression. "No. Give him a week to cool off, as long as I stay and do his bidding then I doubt he'll go hunting them down. They were an insurance policy to keep me here; as long as I stay then I don't see it being an issue"

Lexi sighed as she withdrew her hand. "We're never leaving, are we?" Alexis asked and Kyle smiled as he ran his fingertips through her hair.

"Never say never, baby. We just can't afford to risk it right now" Kyle said softly as Lexi leaned back on her heels. "Hmm" Kyle murmured as he took in her appearance. "You look good on your knees in front of me"

Lexi giggled. "Don't get used to it"

Kyle smirked. "I'm sure I could" Kyle whispered as he leaned forward bring their lips together. "****" Kyle grunted as he pulled back running his tongue over his busted lip.

Lexi grinned. "Aww the poor baby can't kiss me"

Kyle glanced down. "You sassing me? Because we can't have that" Kyle teased as he stood up and pulled her from the ground, grinning as he picked her up and chucked her on the bed.

"Me sassing you? I wouldn't dare" Lexi giggled as he leaned down and kissed her neck, ignoring the pain in his lip.

Kyle was rifling through his bedside table looking for his burner phone, he knew that Charlie would be out of her mind with worry but he wouldn't risk contacting her on his normal phone, he knew that his father checked his phone records monthly.

He pulled it out of the draw as Lexi stirred from her light sleep; he glanced over at her as she pulled the silk white sheets up her body slowly.

"Dinner will be soon, go shower" Kyle told her as he leaned over and kissed her head softly.

Lexi groaned. "With your father? He's going to glare daggers at me. Please don't ruin my happiness" Lexi whined.

Kyle raised his eyebrow as he reacted by giving a swift smack to her ass, coaxing a squeal from her lips. "Whining" Kyle warned and Lexi bit her lip nodding slightly. "Now ask me politely and I might consider having dinner sent up here"

Lexi glanced up at him and battered her eyelashes. "Please have dinner sent up here Ky, I might even stay completely naked for you" Lexi smiled as she sat up and let the sheet drop from her body.

Kyle grinned. "A'ight, whatever pleases you, baby" Kyle said as he leaned forward and kissed her lips lightly. "Go slip something on, unless you plan on letting the maid see that perfectly shaped body of yours"

Lexi smiled as she slipped out of bed, her feet hitting the plush white carpet. "She's seen it before" Lexi teased as she paused and quietened. "I love you" Lexi whispered.

Kyle glanced over at her back. "Yea, I love you too, baby" He spoke casually as he glanced down at his phone.

'Algood here. Nothing to worry about, okay Charlz? I probably won't contact you for a few weeks now. Take care of the little ones. I promise father won't be bothering you'

As he sent the text he looked up to see Lexi coming out of the ensuite, in one of his button up shirts as she lifted her hand to run it through her hair the shirt lifted and exposed her bottom as she walked around the bed. Kyle leaned back and grinned at the sight of his hand print on her ass, Lexi giggled at him.

"You're such an asshole" Lexi said and Kyle smirked.

"Want me to brand that left cheek as well? I suppose my hand could use the workout"

Lexi just grinned as she flopped down onto the bed on her stomach. "Ky. Ky. Ky" Lexi giggled.

"It hurt?" Kyle asked after a moment, with a slight hint of concern.

Lexi shrugged. "It straightened me up, short sting, nothing I haven't felt before"

Kyle nodded. "It'd be weird not having this aspect of our relationship" Kyle commented and Lexi nodded as she looked up at him.

"I agree" Lexi said as she smiled cheekily. "Don't think I'd be able to live without you telling me what to do"

Kyle chuckled. "Oh I'd think you'd manage" Kyle muttered as a text came through on the phone.

'Thankgod. Please stay safe and contact me when you can. Missing you and Lexi already. I'm explaining things but they don't really want to listen, they'll come round though. I'll get my own phone soon and send you the number. Brax will get annoyed if you text him. Stay safe!'

Lexi peeked at the phone and Kyle glanced up with a slight hint of annoyance. "If it was business..."

Lexi grinned. "I know. I'm not allowed to know anything about business but that isn't your work phone" Lexi smiled cheekily and Kyle rolled his eyes. "I missed this" Lexi said softly and Kyle glanced at her as he chucked his phone on the bedside table.

"I know, I did as well but you know"

Lexi nodded. "Your father can't find out you love me, I know, Ky" Lexi paused as she looked up at him. "I have complete faith in you, I love you, and even he can't stop me from continuing to love you. You're the reason I'm alive"

Kyle opened his mouth to respond but the bang that came from outside his bedroom door made Lexi jump and Kyle stood up quickly, pulling on a pair of jeans he looked at her.

"Stay put, am I understood?"

Lexi nodded, her eyes wide. "Yes Kyle"

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review! Let me know what you think.

I can understand Charlie's worry for Kyle and Lexi Hope the others start to understand too.

Well it seemed Kyle and Lexi were enjoying an fun playful time in the bedroom there. :wink: Which is great, haven't really seen that side too them before.

But gosh that loud bang (gunshot?) outside their room doesn't sound good.

Update again soon.

Archived