Births, Marriages & Deaths

Dan F

I've always thought that they didn't and Pippa's still calling herself Ross in 2009.I did have someone insisting to me a few months back that there was an off screen wedding in 1998 and Sally went to it but I can't say it's something that I remember happening and I haven't come across a reference to it anywhere else.

I always thought Pippa & Ian got married at some point. Or was that never mentioned on the show?

I'm yet to find an actual reference on-screen as to whether they did marry, but they may well be added in the future if one can be found (same with the birth of their child).

There was the line from Carly in 2000 where she talked about people marrying three times these days then apologised to Pippa as she realised what she said, but then she's always been credited as Ross so it leaves it all quite vague.

The thing that surprises me too is actually how few births & marriages there have been over the years, there seems to be a good chunk of time between them in the early years.

I always thought Pippa & Ian got married at some point. Or was that never mentioned on the show?

I'm yet to find an actual reference on-screen as to whether they did marry, but they may well be added in the future if one can be found (same with the birth of their child).

There was the line from Carly in 2000 where she talked about people marrying three times these days then apologised to Pippa as she realised what she said, but then she's always been credited as Ross so it leaves it all quite vague.

The thing that surprises me too is actually how few births & marriages there have been over the years, there seems to be a good chunk of time between them in the early years.

That line does seem to be the only time that it's hinted towards, but as you say, very vague and certainly not confirmation. I've got to get through the 1999 eps at some point, so if it's there, I'll find it.

Yes as a viewer of the early years it's strange to think that the next wedding will be Shane & Angel's....

When people say that 1994 is one of those 'lost' years it's easy to see why - the main things that are always remembered first are births, marriages and deaths - and 1994 didn't have any of them!

Exactly, plus 1995 had the bush fire, 1996 the flood & the earthquake, I can't remember any key events from 1994 off the top of my head, only really Shannon & Curtis arriving.

The revamp and update of the BMD pages are now complete, with a whopper of a page for all the Deaths in and out of Summer Bay over the past 26 years (though it may surprise you how little of them were actually main cast). I may have inadvertently gone a bit Memento Mori and made it the most macabre page on the site with all the pictures, but there we go! :P

We will endeavour to update all the pages on a regular basis in future to reflect developments in the storylines (at UK pace) - and of course with any other additions that we remember from days gone by, or that you guys mention in here.

Enjoy :wink:

The revamp and update of the BMD pages are now complete, with a whopper of a page for all the Deaths in and out of Summer Bay over the past 26 years (though it may surprise you how little of them were actually main cast). I may have inadvertently gone a bit Memento Mori and made it the most macabre page on the site with all the pictures, but there we go! :P

We will endeavour to update all the pages on a regular basis in future to reflect developments in the storylines (at UK pace) - and of course with any other additions that we remember from days gone by, or that you guys mention in here.

Enjoy :wink:

Blimey, only 22 regulars died over 26 years, and quite a few weren't even in the regular cast at the time. That's not bad going considering the amount of lost at sea, lost in the bush and natural disaster storylines they've had over the years. Edited by c120701
  • Like 1