Who do you think is the most mature Braxton?.

j.laur5

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Kyle, I think on the whole he has his head screwed on and is less prone to go off half-cocked than the others.The other three are a curious mixture:Heath has a fairly childlike personality but is also possibly the most inclined to step up and be mature, Brax tends to look out for the others but also makes emotional decisions which can make a situation worse, Casey can be level-headed but also has a short fuse and tends to rely on Brax a bit too much at times.

I'm borrowing this explanation as I couldn't have written it better myself. :wink:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heath by a mile. He still does act childish sometimes, but he is the only Braxton who tries to change and is reflecting over his actions and not blame others. And he has changed when the others are the same as when they came in, or even worse. He has had a good journey on the show, the only Braxton I've enjoyed to watch. He wasn't the worst when he first arrived either, even he was made to be the thug and had to take the blame for Darryl's bad decisions. But when he first arrived he was to independent and let Darryl run his life and let him make decisions for him, and now he is able to make his own decisions.

Brax is even less mature now than when he first came in.. He is more aggressive, he still want to run his brothers lives and his behaviour towards his girlfriends is aggressive and possessive. He is the Braxton that take the worst decisions and is the most violent one. He is "made out to be" the protective brother, but acts more like a psychopath who wants more power. And that is not mature behaviour.

Casey is the "poor little" thing who is capable of killing and destroying other people, and still is made out to be "poor little Casey".... something that he has no reason to be. He is the Braxton brother who is the most loved one by his brothers and mother. I actually think that Casey was more mature when he first arrived, tried to be the first Braxton to finish high school. But everything has gone downhill with Casey, and without a good reason, really.

Kyle has shown some maturity, but his arrival was too violent and weird to me. And his backstory has big black holes. He tried to kill his own brother and only because he was jealous of him... And suddenly he was one of the Braxtons, and a more educated one. I know he was made out to be the smarter and mature one for a while too, but he seemed more like a "dog" for the rest of the Braxtons clan, a person without own opinions. And later we have learned that he was a better person before when he was with Phoebe the first time around, had a good childhood with his foster parents... But how did he became the person who tried to kill Casey? And has he really taken responsibility for his actions? Is he trying to do something out of his life? He is educated and is now wasting his life in a restaurant which is totally run by his half-brother. He is not taking responsibility for his own life, and that is not making him the most mature Braxton for me.

• 2 months later...

Normally I mostly agree with you jodlebirger but interestingly not on this one. Most of the time Heath shoots his mouth and thinks later if he thinks at all. He does blame other people for things happening to him and mostly he blames his name for it and not his actions. He marred a lot during the last years but I think the only time he really reflected his situation was when he told Bianca on the cemetery :" nothing is worth feeling this bad." He freed his old man and blamed Casey for not being treated the right way by his own father who was a real waste of space as people like Danny are called in the show.

Kyle ?? Very mature wanting to be a part of the Braxton family but torturing and trying to kill your own brother. I could understand where he was coming from being also manipulated by his father and I would have (at least a little) understand if he had tried to shoot Casey in affect. But planning, torturing and drawing his death out - very immature. Also stealing his brother's girlfriend after everything the Braxtons did for Kyle - also very immature.

I think Brax is the most mature Braxton even if he has his flaws like trying to control his brothers lives. But maybe there wasn't another chance for him to keep the family going after tier dad went to prison and the mother being useless. Maybe it became a habit.

Casey matured really well at the end of his time on the show. I think his character was the most interesting of the Braxtons. In the beginning I think his problem was that he was brought up in an environment where nobody involved authorities or sold people out. He could have handeld a lot of situations better if he told e.g. Gina what had really happened in some situations but he didn't knew better than to say nothing and take the punishment. And who's life did he ruin despite Danny's? And I think Danny got what was coming to him anyway. He was a horrible character and a horrible father to his boys but he played his role really well to set Casey up. Case tried to protect Brax because he didn't believe his father would do something this bad since he didn't know him as well as Brax did. What was Casey supposed to do? Shoot the hostage? I don't think so and in a situation this stressful I don't know what a decision I would have made (not that I would find myself in this situation in the first place). And shooting Danny in the arm or leg (as the prosecutor said) could be difficult in a stress situation especially if you never fired a gun before. I think Case was a normal teenager with some anger management problems and even worse choice of girlfriends but he turned around nicely in the end.

Last Tuesday's episode featuring Casey's death just reaffirmed to me why Kyle is the most mature of the four Braxton brothers.

He remained composed and calm throughout the tragic event as he was helping the police with Brax and he sacrificed his own emotions for the short-term for the sake of Brax's grief and devastation of losing his baby brother.However he he was still able to express his emotions subtly with Phoebe without parading on Brax's emotions and his devastation of losing the baby brother that he's adored from birth.

I also loved how Kyle kept referring to Casey as 'our brother' which emphasised his deep connection that he's developed with Casey in the past 18 months gradually and even though they may not be biologically related, Kyle feels like he's lost a brother as opposed to just a friend.

I agree with you in parts Jezz. Kyle remained calm but I think he never developed a bond with Casey that deep even if they got along very well at the end. And what they may have shard wasn't even a fracture of the bond between Brax and Casey since Brax raised Casey like a father. And I´ve seen more than enough situations when parents lost their child at such a young age that I can totally understand Brax's reaction. And not wanting to rely on the cops is also understandable since that didn't work out the first time when Jake killed Charlie- so what's the point in believe they solve the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm I really can't decide they all go through periods of being quite mature then do something rather silly

Heath during Brax's brief incarceration had his moments and handled everything with Rocco really quite beautifully

Casey more towards the end

Kyle is pretty mature beyond his years I think

Oddly enough in my opinion as much as I love him I think Brax can be seen as one of the least

Hmmm I really can't decide they all go through periods of being quite mature then do something rather silly

Heath during Brax's brief incarceration had his moments and handled everything with Rocco really quite beautifully

Casey more towards the end

Kyle is pretty mature beyond his years I think

Oddly enough in my opinion as much as I love him I think Brax can be seen as one of the least

Well I don't think Brax did himself any favours on the maturity stakes by leaving Summer Bay for the time being to help Ash to find his sister rather than being there to look after Ricky and to settle down especially with a child on the way.

Brax craves action and I don't think he's learnt his lessons from the past that having action in his life has nearly got him killed on several occasions. Hence there's a good argument in some regard that he's the least mature but since he's the oldest I can't discard the fact that having ownership of a restaurant like Angelos would be easy so he'd need to have some knowledge on how to run a business properly and he did bring up Casey unlike Cheryl or Danny for that matter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived