It's not always summer in Summer Bay

Guest QUIET ACHIEVER

Thanks for posting the article.

I'm loving the comparisions of weather, so I'll put in my 2 cents worth...

My summer in Australia is hot. I live in NW Victoria. If we don't see 30-40 for 3 months it's not summer! And today (it's winter now), the temperature will only reach 13, so it's really cold today.

I think it really depends on where you come from and what you're used to as to whether you think 15 is hot or not...I'd love to see some people from England come to where I live in the summer. I honestly think you'd all die if you think anything above 20 is hot :lol:

I went to France once, and it was 40 degrees and that was like going outside into an oven.

I'm normally zapped of energy in the very hot weather. So yeah If I was to come and see you in NW Victoria. I would most likely melt :lol:

Anyways I always thought if it rains on set. The cast are kept dry by crew members walking at the side of them holding a huge umbrella. :lol:

The H&A team do like to give you the false impression that it is summer all year round in the show. I tend to get zapped in hot weather and when I went to Thailand once in February, their winter was 32 degrees and that was still hot and baking, a heatwave in the UK I would consider it.

I went to Australia in March though, not really summer and the skies were clouded over about 5 of the 8 days I was there.

The H&A team do like to give you the false impression that it is summer all year round in the show. I tend to get zapped in hot weather and when I went to Thailand once in February, their winter was 32 degrees and that was still hot and baking, a heatwave in the UK I would consider it.

I went to Australia in March though, not really summer and the skies were clouded over about 5 of the 8 days I was there.

Australia is huge though. Where were you? If you were in Darwin you would have been baking. It rarely drops below 30 degrees every day of the year in the Northern Territories.

To be honest, I don't think they should pretend it to be summer all year. It would have been more interesting and informative for us foreigners if they showed us the weather conditions as they are. We hear very little from down under, and H&A is your biggest export when it comes to television/film. Some people think because of H&A, that Australians have summer all year.

And more variable weather conditions could make the storylines more varieted, if we didn't only see the characters sun bathing and surfing on one side, and in extreme weather conditions as terrible storms on the other side. What about all the weather conditions between those.

I agree. I got a rude awakening when I got to Sydney!! I blame Home and Away for giving false impressions of the Australian weather around the globe!! And it's a fact it rains more in Sydney than it does in Dublin or London. But it's all to do with marketing. Would H&A be as successful in the UK and Ireland if we saw them shivering on a beach? Perhaps not

I have had holidays going to the beach in gale force winds and having to sit behind a couple of huge wind breakers lovely English wheather :P

But often when you do think of the beach. You often think of it being hot with bright sunshine, donkey rides, ice creams and people working on their tan while others play beach ball. Girls in their bikinis. Oh and swimming in the sea choking on salt water :lol: In the world of fiction you might think like that anyways.

Archived