He's Different

Guest Melbelle94

Chapter Fifteen;

Alarah slipped through the back door of the house quietly; silently she was hoping everyone would be in bed.

Sadly they weren't they were all sitting at the kitchen table; Alarah just stopped in the hall and listened to what they were saying.

"Heath I am sure Bianca ever meant to hurt you; she's my best friend I know she isn't the type of person who was spitefully hurt someone" Charlie said from her spot on Brax's lap.

Brax had one arm around Charlie's waist and his other arm was resting on the table where his beer was seated he looked as if he was concentrating on the beer.

"Whatever Charlie she can go back to that damn rock star and I never want to see her again" Heath spat angrily and Alarah sighed as she slowly slipped out from her hiding place in the hallway.

"Where the hell have you been?" Brax asked angrily, everyone was shocked when Brax spoke because he was looking down when she entered the room so they didn't think he would have seen her.

"I have spent most of the day on the beach talking to Tegan" Alarah said quickly when she saw the look Brax was giving her.

"That is not the answer to my question, where the hell have you been?" Brax asked harshly, Charlie could feel the heat in his arms from the anger he held inside of himself so she leaned back into him.

Alarah didn't know what to say, she couldn't exactly tell him she had been with Tegan and Darcy.

"I've just been around, went shopping in Yabbie Creek. What's with the third degree? Geez Brax" Alarah said as she walked over to the bench dumping her bag down.

"Don't start, now what do you have to say about this morning?" Brax said he helped Charlie off him; Alarah instinctively took a step closer to Heath. "He won't protect you and you know it" Brax said as he got a beer out of the fridge.

"I never said he would, I don't expect him too. I never have and I never will" Alarah said as she looked over at her husband.

"Are you going to answer my question about this morning?" Brax said turning around from the fridge.

"What do you want me to say Brax? We argued if it wasn't for Heath asking me to lunch, you would have hit me" Alarah shot at him as she went to walk out of the room, Brax though had other ideas and he grabbed her arm.

"Maybe I should have when I got the chance" Brax said as he reached up and brushed a hand along her cheek, Alarah flinched and Brax smirked. "Now, now are you scared Alarah?" Brax teased.

"Scared of you never; now let my arm go your hurting me" Alarah said as she went to pull away.

"I will let go when I want" Brax said as he tightened his grip, Alarah almost squealed but then he released her. "Go to bed or something" Brax said, Alarah looked down and she could see clearly where Brax's fingers had been, turning around she went to walk out of the room tears welding up in her eyes, but Heath stopped her.

"You okay?" He asked as he rubbed his fingertips soothingly over the red mark, Alarah looked up and gave him a soft smile.

"You shouldn't Heath" Alarah started to say but was interrupted by Casey.

"Heath let her go" Casey said pleadingly as he watched Brax who had a slightly amused look on his face.

"Since when do you ask her if she is okay? You know damn straight if you so much as go near her after I have hurt her, I come back and hurt her more" Brax said as he stalked over to Alarah, but Heath pushed her behind him and squared up against his brother.

"What gives you the right to hit her? When did you become like this Brax?" Heath shouted, Brax raised his fist as if to punch his brother but then his eyes flashed to Alarah.

Brax knew he could easily beat Heath in a fight but that wasn't what it was about at the moment.

"Alarah, you can either hide behind Heath or you can come here and I won't touch him" Brax said calmly; Alarah looked up she didn't want Heath to get hurt because as much as she didn't want to admit it she loved him.

She always had always loved him right from the start and she probably always would.

Slowly she stepped out from behind Heath, pausing for only a moment to stare at Charlie, Casey and Ruby.

Charlie was watching intently, obviously to see how far Brax would actually go.

Ruby was trying not to watch the scene in front of her and focus on the gossip magazine in front of her, but Alarah could see it was proving hard.

Casey on the other hand was staring out the window trying to forget everything that was going on around him.

"I said come here" Brax said spat angrily and Alarah looked up at him slowly and took a few steps towards him.

Brax grabbed her arm and pulled her close to him his grip on her tightening; Alarah looked down and tried not to whimper. "Now, I suppose I should live up to my threat" Brax said looking towards Heath. "I wasn't going to hit her, I was going to let her leave the room and go to bed, but you had to intervene" Brax said as he moved his other hand up to Alarah's face and raised her chin a little giving her a look as if to say stay still Alarah knew that look and she knew what was coming.

He pulled his hand back and hit her, causing Alarah's head to snap to the side.

But she didn't whimper nor did she let the tears fall from her eyes she just stayed still, Brax let her arm go and she stumbled backwards the look he was giving her made her cringe slightly. "Bed, before I make the decision to keep you here" Brax told her and Alarah sighed and quickly turned around walking quickly over to the hallway that lead to the bedrooms. "Alarah" Brax said firmly causing the woman to turn around again.

"Goodnight" Alarah mumbled as she quickly fled to room.

Once she was gone Brax looked over to Heath and glared angrily; Heath squared up and gave the same look back.

"Don't get involved" Brax spat as he went over towards where Charlie was sitting and took her hands in his gently. "I'm sorry you had to witness that baby, so sorry" Brax murmured as he pulled her gently towards him and hugged her, Charlie didn't say anything she just rested her head in his chest. "Are you okay?" Brax asked in an almost whisper.

"I'm okay, you didn't have to be so mean to her Brax" Charlie said looking up into his eyes Brax sighed and kissed her forehead lightly.

"I told you today I didn't want you to be here during that, but you were adamant. I am sorry you had to witness that. It'll be the last time you see anything like that, I promise" Brax said leaning in and hugging Charlie again.

_X_

Love it?

Hate it?

Rate it?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Sixteen;

Charlie walked out of the bedroom the next morning to see Alarah standing there in the kitchen looking out the window Charlie could see she was crying walking up slowly Charlie laid a hand gently on her friends shoulder.

She could feel Alarah breathing heavily under her touch and she sighed.

"Alarah; I'm sorry I didn't do anything" Charlie murmured as she rubbed Alarah's shoulder Alarah wiped her tears away and shrugged.

"Nothing you could have done would have changed anything" Alarah said looking back out the window.

"I should have done something, anything. Your my friend Alarah and I let him hit you, I've never been more sorry, I'm a cop I should have stepped in" Charlie said sighing.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I wouldn't have wanted you to get involved" Alarah said as she brushed the hair back from her eyes. "I have to go, I have a busy day ahead of me" Alarah said turning around so she was facing Charlie. "I don't blame you for anything okay, if you're really upset about it talk to Brax okay? He will talk to you about it I'm sure" Alarah pecked Charlie's cheek gave a little smile and on the way out the door grabbed her bag.

_X_

Charlie didn't move from that spot in the kitchen and that's where Brax found her half an hour later.

"Ey babe, what ya doing?" Brax asked as he walked up and went to wrap his arms around Charlie who quickly stepped back out of his reach.

"No okay, just no! If I ever see you hit Alarah like you did last night, I will walk away Brax and that will be the end of us! Nothing Brax gives you the right to hit a woman, nothing at all! If you want us to be happy you need to drop that piece of your life, let her leave Brax on her next crazy holiday and leave her alone you can be happy with me you know" Charlie shouted at him as she finally let the tears fall down her cheeks, she'd been holding them all in since she witnessed the scene last night.

"Charlie" Brax started but the over emotional Charlie Buckton cut him off.

"No! All I want to hear from you is I promise I will never touch Alarah like that again, if you can't say that we are done Brax, I won't stand by and let you hurt my friend, and thinking the whole time I could be next!" Charlie said as she backed away from him.

"Alright, I can't lose you Charlie you already mean so much to me! I promise there will be known more hitting, no more touching her in that abusive way, as long as you are promising me you'll stay" Brax said looking at her with a pained expression on his face, he knew how hard it would be to control his anger but he had to do it for Charlie, he loved her and he didn't want her to leave not now, not ever.

"I'm not going to leave you if you promise me, Brax I have never been this attracted to someone in my entire life, I want you, I just want the controlling abusive part to be gone" Charlie said with an innocent look on her face, the expression was adorable and Brax couldn't help it he walked over and putting his hands on either side of her face and kissed her gently.

"I'm sorry, I will never touch Alarah like that again and I promise you I will never touch you like that. I love you Charlie like I have never loved anyone else before, your right though I should let Alarah leave and I will, I promise" Brax said kissing Charlie gently one more time.

_X_

Alarah sat at the dining room table in Tegan and Darcy's hotel room at the Sands thinking the past couple of weeks over, since she had been back things had changed so much, and right now things were changing a whole lot more.

Tegan walked into the room and stood behind her friend resting a hand on Alarah's shoulder they both looked down at the text message Brax had sent.

'You can leave, I don't need you here at the moment and Charlie made me see sense, you deserve to get away for a while, drop by the house and say goodbye, love ya' DB

"You sure about this Lara?" Tegan asked giving her friend a wary look.

"I am sure, we can leave as soon as possible, no one can find out Tegan" Alarah said looking across the table, Tegan looked over as well; together they both stared at the pregnancy test that read:

'Pregnant 4+'

"Do you know Lara? Last time you knew it was Heath's" Tegan said looking down at her friend who shook her head.

"It could be either, we need to leave they can never know. Heath will be back with Bianca if I am not around and Brax and Charlie can be happy. I want to be happy and with my daughter and my best friendI can be, and with a baby on the way, it's just better we leave" Alarah said looking up Tegan could see the tears welding in her friends eyes.

"Okay, we will leave tomorrow, just us and no one will ever no" Tegan said, both friends shared a smile as Darcy came running up to them.

_X_

I'm in the process of a squeal. Hope you enjoyed it. :) thankyou for your continued support.

JarlieFanEver

Romeo&Indi Forever

YYouboth continue to support my fanfictions and I am greatful

Archived