He's Different

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Twelve;

Alarah sat at the dark oak kitchen table in her purple silk dressing gown she was just staring down at her phone which was sitting on the table in front of her.

She didn't want to talk to Tegan not now not ever; she just wanted the past to be left in the past.

Alarah was so deep in thought that she didn't see Charlie walk out into the main room.

Charlie immediately looked at her friend and hoped to god that she wasn't thinking about her and Brax.

Pulling out a chair and sitting down she saw Alarah jump at the sound before she stiffened.

"Hey A; what ya thinking about?" Charlie asked nervously but Alarah just shrugged.

"Huh? Nothing much" Alarah said as she picked up her coffee cup and moved it to her lips.

"You can talk to me you know" Charlie said with a small smile which Alarah returned.

"I know I was just thinking about my call to Tegan. I haven't done it yet but I know I have to" Alarah said in an almost whisper as she returned her coffee cup to the table.

"Why can't you just get Brax to do it if you're getting worked up over it" Charlie said with a concerned look and Alarah let off a fake chuckle.

"He wouldn't talk to her even if I pleaded it's my job. But last time we spoke we argued and Brax made another rule" Alarah said with a sight Brax had made a rule. She wasn't allowed to speak to Tegan unless he told her too.

Charlie gave her a small encouraging smile as she got up to make herself a coffee.

"Are were you and Tegan friends?" Charlie asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah best-friends before it all happened before everything changed so much" Alarah blurted out before she realised.

She knew she shouldn't have said that that would raise questions.

"Well what happened to make things change? Surely you can rectify it" Charlie said as she returned to the table.

"I can't fix this I was stupid before and I when I found out when I told him I realised I didn't have a choice. It was taken out of my hands, but you have to believe me that if I did have a choice I would have gone about things differently" Alarah said quietly she was too caught up in her thoughts that she wasn't thinking about what she was saying.

"Alarah" Brax spoke firmly as he entered the room his voice brought Alarah back to reality and she shook her head.

"Sorry" Alarah apologized as she stood up. "Thank-you for the chat Charlie I'll leave you to it" Alarah began to walk into the direction of the bedrooms but Brax spoke before she had a chance to escape.

"Have you spoken to Tegan yet?" Brax asked quickly and Alarah turned back.

"No I haven't; I don't know what you want me to say to her. You know exactly what happened last time you know what she is going to think when I randomly call her now" Alarah spat angrily at him as she paused for a moment. "You have put this all on me when you know I was the most hurt in our situation" Alarah said and Brax shook his head as he went to take a step towards her.

"You think I wanted this to happen? You're the one that did this to us got us into this" Brax said as he took another step towards her.

Charlie was sitting quietly at the kitchen table not saying anything she was just quietly watching the scene in front of her.

"So you're saying this is my fault? I was just doing what it took to keep myself happy" Alarah shouted and Charlie glanced over towards the hallway and saw Casey and Ruby standing there obviously they had heard the yelling.

"Alarah; are you okay?" Casey asked as he took a step forward looking at his sister in-law with a concerned gaze.

"Don't interfere Casey you do and she won't be" Brax spat at him.

"I'm fine baby boy" Alarah said but her eyes were focused on Brax's hand which was twitching.

She knew he was desperate to hit her but he was holding back because there was more of an audience of just Casey.

"I suggest you stop arguing with me" Brax said as calmly as he could but Alarah glared at him.

Heath and Bianca were now standing next to Charlie Bianca was looking rather confused.

But Heath knew the look in Brax's eyes very well he had witnessed this countless times and he knew that Brax wanted to put Alarah in her place but couldn't because he had more of an audience then he would normally like.

But Heath didn't expect for Alarah to push it; she normally took Brax's warnings seriously.

"Why? Why should I stop arguing with you? Damn it Brax this is the only way you will talk to me about it" Alarah said firmly her facial expression taking on a deadly look.

"Heath you should get her out of here" Charlie said quietly and Heath glanced down at her with a raised eyebrow. "I'm a cop; I shouldn't be here to witness anything" Charlie said with a somewhat meaningful look; Heath nodded slowly before turning to Alarah who was glaring at Brax both of them looking like they could kill.

"Come on A; let it go. Bianca and I are going to lunch with her sister April; you can join us" Heath told her as he gave her a pleading look and Alarah sighed.

She didn't say anything just strutted past Brax and grabbed her bag before heading towards the door.

"We'll talk about this later" Brax said coldly.

_X_

Charlie looked at Brax and sighed the circumstances were difficult but still she wanted to be here. Was there an answer as to why because she didn't know how to explain it.

"Brax come on, calm down" Charlie murmured softly as she got up. "What is going on? What is so important about Tegan? Talk to me" Charlie pleaded as she wrapped her arms around him in a hug feeling his body relax instantly into hers.

"Nothing it will be fine. I'm sorry things got a bit heated" Brax said softly as he kissed her head and Charlie glanced up and gave him a look.

"You wanted to hit her" Charlie exclaimed her tone was slightly accusing.

"I nearly did; I don't appreciate the boys asking how she is but I held back and I never want you to see me like that; it's something you shouldn't have to see" Brax said as he took a deep breath and glanced at her shamefully.

"No it isn't; just try and stay calm and talk to her reasonably" Charlie said and Brax shrugged slightly; he didn't know how to talk to Alarah reasonably.

He hadn't tried talk to her reasonably in a long time.

"I will try but I'm not promising anything. You shouldn't be here though" Brax said causing Charlie to give him a look.

"Why?" Charlie asked her voice almost inaudible but she already knew the answer.

"Because if I lose my temper I don't want you to have to report it" Brax told her giving her a small smile.

"Brax I don't think I could report you even if it was the right thing to do" Charlie said with a sigh as she leaned into his embrace.

_X_

Alarah walked along the beach after lunch and finally approached a nice spot and sat down.

She was surprised when Heath invited her to lunch after all she knew he wanted to keep Bianca and her apart but she also knew it was just to get her away from Brax.

If only he knew the truth though he wouldn't have invited her to lunch because he wouldn't be speaking to her at all. He wouldn't even look at her if he found out.

Pulling her phone out of her bag Alarah knew she had to do it; she knew she had to call so the secret would remain hidden so no one would ever know and lives would remain intact.

Alarah inhaled a deep breath when she heard the phone ringing.

"Hello?"

Alarah didn't know what to say when she heard Tegan's voice; she didn't know if she should say anything.

"Hello?" Tegan said again.

"Hi Tegan; it's Alarah. Are you free to talk?" Alarah asked with a small sigh it was now or never.

_X_

Love it?

Hate it?

Rate it?

Let me know what you think.

Please remember to Review!

Chapter Thirteen;

Alarah sat on the sand and breathed heavily as she heard Tegan speak.

"Oh Alarah; I figured you'd been calling soon. Your never gone this long" Tegan stated as she took a breath.

Alarah sighed.

"Look Tegan; I'm sorry very sorry. I never meant for this to happen for it to all end up like this a major mess that I can't fix" Alarah said softly as she traced a love heart in the sand.

"I know you're sorry but that word can't fix anything. But you're not the only one to blame" Tegan told her and Alarah nodded.

"Look do you think you could come here? Or I could come see you it's just we really need to talk" Alarah said her tone sounded like pleading as she glanced out to the ocean.

"Sure, I will come to you. Summerbay is where you are, I suppose?" Tegan asked and Alarah hummed.

"Yeah; but don't come into town. Brax will kill me if he sees you so meet me at the Sands" Alarah said quickly as she saw Casey and Ruby walking towards her.

"Okay the Sands Darce and I will be there in about two hours. See you then Lara" Tegan said causing Alarah to smile; Tegan was the only one Alarah 'Lara'

"Okay Tegs; see you then" Alarah said as she quickly hung up.

Ruby and Casey approached her quickly and sat down in the sand beside her Alarah smiled at them.

She still couldn't believe how much Casey had grown and how happy he seemed to be with Ruby.

"Hey A" Ruby said cheerfully as always.

"Hey kids; what are you up to today?" Alarah asked as she slipped her phone back into her bag.

"Nothing; we were going for ice-cream. You want to come?" Casey asked with a grin but Alarah shook her head.

"I would love to but I have something I need to take care of" Alarah said as they all stood up. "Here Case; ice-creams on me" Alarah said handing him a fifty dollar note.

Both Ruby and Casey looked at her wide eyed but Casey also frowned; there was something off about her behaviour.

"Alarah" Casey stated but Alarah shook her head silently telling him to leave it.

"Be good you two" Alarah said as she gave them both a quick hug.

_X_

Stepping out of the elevator Alarah thought she was going to be sick. She hadn't seen Tegan and Darcy in almost two years and now they were somewhere behind the door in front of her.

She didn't know what she was going to say to them when she saw them when she saw them; but she had a feeling she would have to tell Tegan the truth if she told the truth then maybe Tegan would understand why everything was said the last time they spoke.

Raising her hand Alarah knocked on the door lightly and drew in a deep breath smiling softly when Tegan opened the door.

"Hi Lara" Tegan said as she hugged her friend quickly Alarah hugged her back before she stepped inside and allowed Tegan to shut the door.

"Hey Tegs" Alarah said as eight year old Darcy came running into the room.

"Mummy!" Darcy shouted throwing herself in Alarah's arms; Alarah stumbled for a moment but finally balanced herself and hugged Darcy tight.

"Darcy baby; it's so good to see you" Alarah murmured as she buried her face in Darcy's hair Tegan stood in the background to watch the reunion between the two.

"I missed you mummy; why didn't you call?" Darcy asked innocently as she looked up at Alarah with her big blue glistening eyes.

"I missed you too my little princess but I have been very busy with everyone at home. I'm sorry baby" Alarah said as she kissed Darcy's forehead. "Have you been good for Aunty Tegan?" Alarah asked with smile.

"She's been a perfect angel. Darcy sweetheart remember how I said in the car that your mum and I would need to talk for a little while?" Tegan asked and the young girl bobbed her head up and down. "Why don't you go into the other room while I talk to your mum and when we are finished we can watch a movie" Tegan said with a smile.

"Okay Aunty Tegan" Darcy said as she glanced up at her mum. "You're not leaving?" Darcy asked innocently and Alarah sighed but shook her head.

"Not right now baby; I'm staying for a little bit. Go on" Alarah encouraged sending Darcy off with a bright smile.

Once Darcy left Tegan and Alarah sat down on the couch neither of them knew what to say. It was awkward; how was Alarah meant to tell Tegan that it was now the end; the Tegan was meant to now take Darcy and never return.

"What's going on Lara? You haven't called and spoken to me in a while; what's going on?" Tegan asked as she turned the tv off to block out the noise.

"Brax made me call; he has found someone else" Alarah told her as she glanced down.

"Oh I'm sorry Lara, but it's better this way" Tegan said as she reached for her friends' hand.

"You misunderstand; he hasn't left me he is just seeing someone else. God Tegs; I don't know what to do" Alarah said as she squeezed Tegan's hand. "I will always love Brax but the truth is I can never forgive him for what he made me do"

"Does he know that you are still in contact with Darcy?" Tegan asked waiting patiently as Alarah took a deep breath.

"No and I can't tell him; he would flip Tegan. Ever since Darcy was born our relationship has gotten worse he hits me; god for several months after Darcy's birth he beat me. Before her he never laid a hand on me I never wanted this but I love him and I'm stuck" Alarah said as she ran a hand threw her hair.

"What do you mean he hits you? That's not the Brax I know Lara" Tegan said and Alarah looked up at her friend and shrugged.

"He's changed. I know the moment I met him that he was a Riverboy and our relationship wouldn't be typical but since Darce since I made that choice he has become aggressive. He started with beatings and now he just hits me. He makes sure I know my place" Alarah said as she paused for a moment. "Tegan I get scared often; I haven't been able to contact you because he caught me talking to you last time and I now he makes sure I only call when asked. I'm sorry Tegan" Alarah said as she hugged her friend tightly.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Alarah what happened eight years ago will remain a secret. It's going to stay between Brax, you and me. Wait you haven't told Heath have you?" Tegan asked and she felt the way Alarah's body flinched.

"I couldn't, I can't do it. This would break his heart everybody thinks he's tough but he's not; not with me. It would kill him to know what I did" Alarah said as she laid her head on Tegan's shoulder.

"Thiswhat we have here Alarah it works for us. Why don't you tell Brax straight out you've been in contact with Darcy and she knows that you're her mother" Tegan said as she ran a hand threw her friends hair.

"I can't tell him; you don't know what he will do to me Tegan" Alarah whispered.

"What about telling Heath? He'll understand Alarah; he will understand why you did it. If he knows the relationship between you and Brax; how Brax hits you then he will understand. Tell Heath that he is Darcy's father" Tegan said as she hugged her friend tight.

_X_

Love it?

Hate it?

Rate it?

Chapter Fourteen;

Alarah glanced at Tegan with her eyes wide and her mouth slightly open; Alarah couldn't believe what she had just heard.

"I can't tell Heath; are you crazy Tegan?" Alarah said loudly as she pulled away from her friend. "He would never forgive me" Alarah told her; shaking her head.

"You didn't have a choice Lara; it was this arrangement or an abortion. Heath would understand" Tegan tried to reason.

"No; just no! He can never find out" Alarah said adamantly causing Tegan to sigh.

"Alright; but that means we need to figure all this out" Tegan told her and Alarah nodded. "Alright so that means we go back; go back to the start to where this all begun" Tegan said causing Alarah to shiver.

"Brax was out the first night I slept with Heath" Alarah said quietly as she looked up to her friend who was smiling meekly. "Actually I should go back to before then I suspected you had been sleeping with Brax for a long time but I didn't really want to believe it. There was one night in particular he came home and I could smell you on him. I confronted him about it I was angry, actually furious. We fought and fought; in the end I actually understood why he was doing it. Our relationship had never been typical or normal so he told me to go find someone else to be with and then we would be even, so that's what I did" Alarah stopped for a moment and took a deep breath.

"Alarah I" Tegan started but Alarah held up her hand.

"As I was saying he was with you the first night I slept with Heath. I was just going to do it the once, just to get it out of my system and be even but then it all changed. The one night changed everything and what I felt with Heath I have never experienced with anyone else. I never felt like that with Brax" Alarah said with a sigh Tegan grabbed her friends hand and gave an encouraging smile.

"Go on" Tegan said lightly.

"When Brax found out I was sleeping with Heath; well he was furious. We argued and fought so much that night; but in the end we agreed like always that it would be okay. He would leave me be with Heath and I would leave him be with you. It wasn't typical or normal but it worked for us for some crazy reason it worked" Alarah glanced down at her hands and sighed. "I had been seeing Heath for about two months when I took the time to think I had skipped my period. Trust Heath to get me pregnant the first time we ever had sex" Alarah said with a little laugh.

"Did you ever tell him? Anything at all?" Tegan asked with a confused look.

"I did tell him and he denied it was his he was adamant the baby was Brax's. I hid it for a month but then I had to tell Brax. I was three months done and he was furious; I had never seen Brax like that and he that was the first day he hit me but not the last. He told me I was getting an abortion and that would be it but I couldn't do that so I came to you, I told you all I could and we came up with the plan. Brax agreed that you could raise Darcy as yours but I didn't want that I wanted to be her mother" Alarah stopped and took a deep breath she was getting all worked up. "After you agreed; Brax and I told Heath I lost the baby and then I packed my bags and left with you for Melbourne. I gave birth to Darcy and we decided that I would be involved and that Brax would never know" Alarah said as she leant back on the couch with a long breath out.

"So; what are we going to do now Lara?" Tegan asked with a soft encouraging smile.

"I don't know but Heath can never find out; Brax can never know that I am in contact with Darcy. Look he wants you to disappear Tegan and take Darcy with you. I want for you to take Darce up the coast and I will come visit when Brax allows me to leave. I will give you the money to get up there and get comfortable" Alarah said looking pleadingly at her best friend.

"You don't need to give me money Alarah; I would do anything for you. Darcy and I can be gone tomorrow" Tegan said with a soft smile.

"Not tomorrow; next week. I want to spend time with the both of you" Alarah said with a bright smile and Tegan gave a laugh.

"Alright next week; Darcy baby come and watch a movie with mum and me" Tegan shouted loudly enough for Darcy to here; both women could hear the pattering of feet and it wasn't long before Darcy was squished in between them ready to watch a movie.

_X_

The movie lasted forever or so it seemed according to Alarah; Darcy had fallen asleep and Tegan was close to it. Alarah had to admit it was starting to get late looking down to her phone that was rested on the arm of the couch.

Alarah could see Heath's name flashing across the screen; it was a text message. Moving her arm slightly as to not wake Darce she unlocked her phone and read the message silently.

'A babe, where are you? Bianca and I broke up she's rushing back to the ****ing rock star. I need ya; come home' HB

Alarah sighed and went to answer him when she noticed she had two other messages and five missed calls.

She could see the missed calls from Brax; Alarah just sighed she wasn't in the mood for what he had to say. He was going to kill her when she arrived home; after everything that went on this morning she was lucky he wasn't hunting her down.

Alarah smiled down at the sleeping Darce she wanted to stay with her little girl but new she couldn't.

Glancing back at the next text message she opened it up; noticing Brax's name at the top.

'I don't know where you are and I don't care just get your ass home; I told you we would talk Alarah and I meant it; home NOW! DB

Alarah just sighed and opened the next text message which happened to be from Charlie; this made Alarah half grimace and half smile.

Alarah did admit she liked Charlie; she wanted to be her friend. She just wasn't sure if she was okay with Charlie and Brax's relationship.

Opening the text message; she crossed her fingers.

'Hey A; I'm at the house but Brax is still angry and would like to talk to you. Do you think you could come home?' CB

Alarah just locked her phone again without texting anyone back; she didn't want this to be her life anymore. Alarah just wanted Darcy; that would be all.

Gently reaching her hand up she nudged Tegan who immediately opened her eyes.

"Hey, you're still here" Tegan questioned; Alarah sighed and picked up her bag.

"I have to go Tegs; I know you don't understand but I will be back tomorrow I promise" Alarah said as she leaned down and kissed Darcy's forehead. "I love you my little princess" Alarah whispered before she walked over to Tegan and kissed her friends cheek. "Thank-you, I will see you tomorrow"

"See you then" Tegan said as she watched her friend walk out of the door; knowing that the fallout at home Alarah had been talking about must have been bad.

_X_

Love it?

Hate it?

Rate it?

Archived