1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I'd like to think Morag was genuine in that scene with Alf - I really do think it's one of those rare moments where we saw her at her most vulnerable, rather like when she broke down whilst Alf had his brain tumour. It's the scarcity of those moments that make them all the more hard-hitting.

I've always loved that final scene with Don and Sam on the beach too (as one of my previous avatars may suggest).

I agree with Dan that it's the rarity of Morag's breakdowns that makes them special, but no I do not think she was 100% genuine in that scene. Well, her tears were genuine, but they were only 10% for Bobby. 90% of them she was crying for herself, for how lonely she is. "She won in the end you know". Even now, she saw it as a competition. So yes, her crying was real but she was crying for the wrong reasons.

Did Morag know about Sam before now? She may have came back with good intentions but quickly got a scheme in her mind once meeting him.

Noticed in Episode 1306 that Greg called Adam a "lowlife b*****d" but they muted the last word - still there in the subtitles though. Unless they went to the trouble of muting the dialogue track for 7TWO (the underscore is still there), it may have been an edit made before it was originally broadcast.

I'd like to think Morag was genuine in that scene with Alf - I really do think it's one of those rare moments where we saw her at her most vulnerable, rather like when she broke down whilst Alf had his brain tumour. It's the scarcity of those moments that make them all the more hard-hitting.

I've always loved that final scene with Don and Sam on the beach too (as one of my previous avatars may suggest).

It was a rather interesting scene between Alf and Morag! Morag seemed genuine enough in my opinion and you could definitely see the regret and sadness she was experiencing as a result of Bobby's death. I know that Ailsa doesn't trust her but I do believe Morag has a good heart deep down despite her tough exterior she displays to everyone.

The last scene with Don and Sam talking about how Bobby's spirit lives on through other living creatures like seagulls was great and I also remembered you had an avatar of that scene as well! It was a beautiful scene between two people young and old experiencing a loss of a loved one.

Archived