1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Wouldn't it be nice to see more oldies came back for Bobby's funeral, other that Morag? characters like Carly, maybe Sophie, frank, and of course Marilyn!!! she was a good friend to bobby. couldn't she come back, even for 1 episode? it could have been a nice reunion and opportunity to give us an update to their stories.

Wouldn't it be nice to see more oldies came back for Bobby's funeral, other that Morag? characters like Carly, maybe Sophie, frank, and of course Marilyn!!! she was a good friend to bobby. couldn't she come back, even for 1 episode? it could have been a nice reunion and opportunity to give us an update to their stories.

I agree. At least one oldie like the ones that you mention or Floss and Neville, Stephen, Roo or Alison. Very disappointing that they don't. IIRC, Vanessa Downing makes a cameo appearance in the church though, which is nice.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing Morag. However, it appears as though we may be missing out on four episides, including the funeral itself. Wasn't on todsy and won't be for the rest of the week, and looking at the synopsis for next Monday's episode, it looks as though they are just skipping those four episodes and going on to the one that would have been shown had yesterday's been shown.

When I was young and didn't understand things properly I thought we kept seeing Roxy and Sarah by the lake because Bobby was gonna get washed up there.

Made it up to 1305.I have to admit to being slightly underwhelmed by Bobby's death.Maybe it's the familiarity of having seen it before.I'm not sure that the focus on Greg really worked:His refusal to accept Bobby was dead should have been tragic but instead it just felt like Greg being annoying again.I have felt a certain amount of sympathy for him in the aftermath.I also felt really sorry for Adam when he was talking to Luke on the headland and it's a shame they seem to have pulled back a bit on his guilt.I found Tug's collection incredibly premature and I was surprised Ailsa agreed to it when she seemed to realise Bobby wasn't going to pull through:What are they going to do with the cash now, buy a wreath?I don't think Bobby was killed instantly, the implication seemed to have been that she got to the beach on her own steam and then collapsed.If she'd been knocked out straightaway, she'd have sank and drowned.I rewatched when they brought her into hospital and, although she was being ventilated, no-one was doing chest compressions, so I'd guess her heart had restarted somewhere along the way.The doctors seemed to be working on her a long time when she came in and there was mentioned of internal injuries, so I'm wondering if they repaired the obvious damage and stabilised her.

I also have to ask: Was Sally really close to Bobby?I mean, we kind of assume they were, since they were foster sisters, but they didn't have much interaction when they were living together and they haven't had that much to do with each other since.I'd say that out of that first group of foster children (Frank, Carly, Stephen and Lynn), Sally was the one Bobby was least close to, and, with the possible exception of Frank who she didn't have much to do with either, Bobby was the one Sally was least close to.Frankly, I'd say Fin was closer to Bobby than Sally, since Bobby took her under her wing a bit when she first turned up and got her the job at the Diner.Incidentally, Bobby being 19 when she started the Diner actually seems a bit old: She must have been 17 when the show started to be fostered.

I actually didn't mind the cutting to Roxy and Sarah, it made character sense if not story sense and served the function of introducing Kevin.I didn't realise Sarah had that much to do with him aside from being there when Roxy first met him.I did find the Angel and Damian storyline a bit jarring though, with them standing around grinning like idiots mere hours after Bobby's life support has been switched off.They treated Shane pretty badly when he turned up, obviously upset and wanting company, and they barely acknowledged him.Actually, I thought it was unfair of Nick to not tell Shane about Bobby until after he'd yelled at him: The way Nick was sat at the table suggested he'd been home some time, it's not like Shane started complaining to him as soon as he came in the door. (If that's the end of the t-shirt storyline, it seems a bit of pointless filler.)

Sally finally comes to her senses: I was cheering when she finally told the obnoxious Craig to get lost.Shame she seems to have lost Gloria as a friend in the process but some more nice stuff between her and Fin.

Yes Bobby and Sally were close. She was bridesmaid for her twice and look at the fuss Sally made when she thought she wouldn't be at bobbys and greys. And was given the speech to do. I don't know why writers thought they would keep her out of the story. Look at the early episodes when Bobby would walk with Sally to school.

It was made clear Bobby was 17 at the start, otherwise the Fletchers probably wouldn't have fostered her but had her as a tenant.

Bobby's death did lose a bit of sting for me too, having seen it not so long ago.

Floss and Neville would understandably be travelling, though they did manage to send Carly and Ben a telegram for their wedding.

However, it's a tragedy the rest didn't show (Stevo, Carly, Roo, even Frank in spite of everything that happened)

Archived