1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Old times doesn't necessarily mean romantic times.

As a side note, I notice she is currently credited as "Roxanne" in the opening titles, but by 1994 (from clips on youtube) she is credited as Roxy. This is the only time I think a character name has changed in the credits. Even Donald remained as "Fisher" throughout his run despite hardly anybody calling him that anymore.

Technology issues mean I've only just made it up to 1250, so I'm a bit behind.(Incidentally, there's a version of 1251 prepared for one of those Christmas repeat runs doing the rounds, but comparing it to the BTTB summary it's had a lot of scenes relating to the Greg/Fiona storyline cut out.)

I think it's a bit premature to start crucifying Greg and Fiona when they haven't really done anything: There's obviously some feelings there but at present I don't think Fiona could be accused of pursuing a married man.The only dodgy thing is Greg lying to Bobby about spending time with her and Fiona pretending they don't know each other in front of Don.

Alf overreacted a bit to the strip poker and it seemed rather sexist of him to force Shane and Tug to walk home half-naked while forcing Angel to put her top on even though she wasn't revealing anything at all.He obviously mellows over the next 15 years or so, since when he walked in on Ric and his friends doing the same he basically just stood around laughing (although admittedly there wasn't a pre-teen Duncan in the house at the time).It's telling that none of the other adults, aside from Don, thought it was a big deal.Has anyone noticed Angel's hair getting blonder?It suddenly struck me seeing her on the beach with Shane in 1250.There's a story that Melissa George wanted to dye her hair and was refused permission, so she did it gradually over several weeks and no-one noticed until they saw her standing next to a photo from when she joined the show.I remember the ending of that episode with Shane gloating Tug was going to "watch and burn" had me reflecting that a few months earlier I hated Tug and cheered on Shane and now it was suddenly the other way round, with Shane becoming the aggressor and the bully.I think I remember how it plays out but I should probably wait until I've seen the episodes again before commenting.

This Bill storyline really isn't showing Luke in a favourable light, bullying Don into doing something that perhaps isn't entirely sensible, manhandling a student, and trying to control Bill and giving him lectures for no reason.It was kind of disappointing that Tug joined in with the other meatheads laughing at something that wasn't actually funny.

I remember bits and pieces of the Laura Brennan storyline but don't really recall how it ended so I'm interested to see it again.

But Roxy belongs to Luke doesn't she?

Who knows. LOL. She was all over Nick when she convinced him to be in the musical.

This Bill storyline really isn't showing Luke in a favourable light, bullying Don into doing something that perhaps isn't entirely sensible, manhandling a student, and trying to control Bill and giving him lectures for no reason.It was kind of disappointing that Tug joined in with the other meatheads laughing at something that wasn't actually funny.

He mishandled a student and got away with it! He's underestimated his brother and its clear Luke doesn't trust Bill. I'm disliking Luke more and more as time goes on.

But Roxy belongs to Luke doesn't she?

[1] Who knows. LOL. She was all over Nick when she convinced him to be in the musical.

[2] He mishandled a student and got away with it! He's underestimated his brother and its clear Luke doesn't trust Bill. I'm disliking Luke more and more as time goes on.

[1] That's just my point? Why is Roxy playing around with Nick when she should instead be doing that sort of thing with Luke?

[2] I agree with you! However did you expect Tug not to join the other meatheads laughing at Bill?

Archived