1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Hmm we didn't get Pippa telling viewers whats been happening so far? :( and did Debra Lawrence break her ankle in real life?

And Sarah is so gullible, for believing in Shane, not Tug.

I was so hoping Bobby would walk in on Nick and Greg's fight but no such luck. I hate Fiona and Greg they deserve each other.

Thought most of the children at school was pretty horrible to Bill. Just blatent bulling and Fisher letting it happen! I went to high school in the 90s and if somebody like Bill joined we would have been a lot more understanding. And our school wasn't nearly as nice.

I don't really think H&A used to deal with these sort of 'issue' based storylines very well. They do the same with christian students later in the 90's and the 'geeks' are stereotyped and isolated as well. I get what they're trying to do, but I just think the writing is a bit too over the top at times and the dialogue in the Bill storyline can be hard to believe in.

True. It just seems Summer bay has taken a back step since 88 with certain issues. the show seems like it is written more for teenagers in 93 than the first couple of years Maybe Carly, Steven, Lynn, Roo, Bobby were just more mature. Fisher had a terrible attitude towards Nico so I suppose that still fits. Although one hoped he would have learned since then. Though he was quite supportive have Mikey in 2002.

Shane cops lecture after lecture and putdown after putdown from just about every preacher in Summer Bay, for the kissing act he did on stage, after Luke pulls the plug, brings the show to a premature end, and gives back all the money (save for a measley $10) raised by the show. It was a good show, if only they ignored the kissing scene. :sighs:

After Bobby leaves, the next original character to leave is technically Steven in 1996 after he returns to the cast.

Then...

Pippa leaves in 1998.

Ailsa in 2000.

Fisher in 2003.

Sally in 2008.

Watching at the time though, with Steven having left & returned and Pippa having been recast, it really seemed like 7 years between an original leaving - from Bobby to Ailsa. There was quite a bond between those 4 originals too.

Archived