1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

wow that episode today was exactly how i remembered it when it aired 20 years ago. bobby going to check on dale telling pippa he is fine although unfortunate choice of words by saying he is dead to the world. then pippa going to wake him up.

Its interesting how they did a sids story line back then compared to rocco's sids story line last year.

wow that episode today was exactly how i remembered it when it aired 20 years ago. bobby going to check on dale telling pippa he is fine although unfortunate choice of words by saying he is dead to the world. then pippa going to wake him up.

Its interesting how they did a sids story line back then compared to rocco's sids story line last year.

I remember it too, :( I just didn't think it was today.

Damian is being quite bratty but I did like him for standing up to Sally last week though. Very big brother of him.

wow that episode today was exactly how i

remembered it when it aired 20 years ago. bobby going to check on dale telling pippa he is fine although unfortunate choice of words by saying he is dead to the world. then pippa going to wake him up.

I remember it too, :( I just didn't think it was today.

Damian is being quite bratty but I did like him for standing up to Sally last week though. Very big brother of him.

I remember this episode as if it was yesterday. I rushed home from work in my lunch hour to watch it... I live in the UK and remember them not showing today's or tomorrow's evening episode because of an England football match that was being played that night. This is probably the most memorable storyline for me during the Early Years.

Considering Michael & Pippa had only been married for a couple of years the producers certainly gave them their fair share of heartache and emotional storylines during 1993 and 1994/95.

I will say though the acting from Debra and Dennis during these episodes was outstanding.......

I am really enjoying the 1993 episodes. I did watch them when I was younger but I don't really remember them because I was so young, but every now and then I remember some bits. It's very memorable and a great way to remember the early 90s.
I am really going to miss the character of Bobby when she leaves. I think she is one of the best characters ever in the show and her departure will surely be felt. I am enjoying watching Angel and her relationship with Donald developing.

I can't believe the Home And Away Facebook page didn't mention Dale as one of the deaths you remember!! Instead they just mention a short list of mainly Braxtons and Jack.

Natasha, how can you say the current show is having a sad week? The current show has been having a sad decade — sadly lacking the value that the old episodes used to have

Imogen has sex appeal and not much more. She has bad taste (finding Luke attractive) and bad attitude (the crowing about "sexism" like a few episodes ago).

Why is the whole town in mourning over Dale's death, it really only concerns Pippa (and to some extent, Michael). Why is Sally crying like a little baby like it's the end of her world? I can understand Bobby up to a point, feeling guilty about leaving the baby "dead to the world" but there is a limit.

As for Shane and Angel, I am really perplexed, I mean seriously.....why the hell are they bitching at each other??? :unsure::huh::unsure: Angel did give Shane back the money,

and why did she end up going out with and marrying Shane instead of Damian??

Why is the whole town in mourning over Dale's death, it really only concerns Pippa (and to some extent, Michael). Why is Sally crying like a little baby like it's the end of her world? I can understand Bobby up to a point, feeling guilty about leaving the baby "dead to the world" but there is a limit.

Well, it is a close community - it is only the Ross's circle who are in mourning, fairly naturally. Entirely reasonable for Sally to weep over the death of effectively her infant stepbrother, wouldn't you say?

Archived