1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Why don't Finn and Damian return to live with Irene while the Rosses are having budget problems!

Because that's not their home.Their school's in Summer Bay, their friends and family are in Summer Bay, Irene's got her hands full with Nathan, and Pippa and Michael wouldn't even think of sending them away, as Pippa explained to Stephen back in the pilot when he suggested she send him back to sort out the budget problems.

Why don't Finn and Damian return to live with Irene while the Rosses are having budget problems!

Because that's not their home.Their school's in Summer Bay, their friends and family are in Summer Bay, Irene's got her hands full with Nathan, and Pippa and Michael wouldn't even think of sending them away, as Pippa explained to Stephen back in the pilot when he suggested she send him back to sort out the budget problems. I also looked online, not sure what the allowance would've been in 1993, but in 2012 it was $622 a fortnight for a 14-17 year old so that'd be about $32K a year total for Fin & Damo, not that it was about money to Pippa.

Because that's not their home.Their school's in Summer Bay, their friends and family are in Summer Bay, Irene's got her hands full with Nathan, and Pippa and Michael wouldn't even think of sending them away, as Pippa explained to Stephen back in the pilot when he suggested she send him back to sort out the budget problems. I also looked online, not sure what the allowance would've been in 1993, but in 2012 it was $622 a fortnight for a 14-17 year old so that'd be about $32K a year total for Fin & Damo, not that it was about money to Pippa.

Well, Fin is over 18 so not sure Pippa would still get anything for her?

I have enjoyed the happy home and away that we have seen in the past few weeks since the beginning of 1993 (baring the shane dramas) but as people have said next week we go into the the second third of the season which I think starts with

Dale dying

and sadly ending with the

death of Bobby

which I'm now 100% certain that the producers knew about now and were planning it!!!

Well, where to start with that week? In one sense, the Ross dramas are merely a precursor to the far greater traumas to come, in another it's perhaps the start of the problems in the family which will last for the next two years.The week starts with Michael deciding to spend his money on the people he loves while he's got the chance and ends with him telling the family to tighten their belts, rationing food and patching together old clothes to make them last.On the other hand, the fact they're all pulling together, and Pippa ultimately supporting him, shows promise for the family of the kind they're going to need soon.

I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy this storyline with Imogen.She reminds me a bit of Tracey Turner:The audience know pretty much from the get go that she's got a manipulative streak to her, setting up weeks of painful viewing where the characters ignore or dismiss obvious evidence until they finally catch on.

Ooh, I well remember Tug giving one of the worst musical auditions in history.Don and Adam bouncing off each other is great fun.Angel's arrival is a bit of a surreal experience:You're expecting her to arrive with great fanfare but, while we get a few moments between her and Shane to hint at their future centrality, she's pretty much hanging around the edges of the show without much fuss or without being focused on that well.Still, it's good to see the beginning of the bond between her and Don as she cajoles him into helping her only for him to take more of an interest in her future than she was expecting.

Archived