1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Pretty sure he may have been written out to do panto in the UK. Ray was regularly in panto over here in the early 90s, I saw him in 1994/95 at the Birmingham Hippodrome... The casts were star-studded back then, this particular one featured one of the Gladiators, Malandra Burrows (Kathy Tate/Glover/Brookman, Emmerdale) and I think Brian Conley.

Really, really enjoying the 1993 episodes so far. So many decent characters and I enjoy the overall storylines, direction and pacing.

Adam really is one of my favourite H&A characters. I just find him fun to watch he's such a relatable kinda character. You could go down to any Aussie pub in 2014 and meet an Adam. But the same could be said for practically all of the 1993 characters. Just that down to earth kinda vibe the show has at the moment, it's great and I just wish the current show was still like that instead of trying to be... whatever it's trying to be.

Awesome that we've got up to Angel's arrival. I really didn't think we'd ever get to this point when 7TWO first started showing the early years.

Where does Adam live now?.

Adam's currently back with Greg and Bobby.

The house is getting kind of full now...Bobby, Greg, Sam, Adam and Tug.

Greg's basically picking on Tug to make a point. I cannot stand Greg at the moment.

Looking forward in Angel's storyline and I really thought for a minute she was faking her illness so that she didn't have to see Shane. But it turned out to be real.

And Blake's letter to Fin-did he break up with her? Poor Fin.

Really, really enjoying the 1993 episodes so far. So many decent characters and I enjoy the overall storylines, direction and pacing.

Adam really is one of my favourite H&A characters. I just find him fun to watch he's such a relatable kinda character. You could go down to any Aussie pub in 2014 and meet an Adam. But the same could be said for practically all of the 1993 characters. Just that down to earth kinda vibe the show has at the moment, it's great and I just wish the current show was still like that instead of trying to be... whatever it's trying to be.

Awesome that we've got up to Angel's arrival. I really didn't think we'd ever get to this point when 7TWO first started showing the early years.

Agree love Adam, no matter what goes wrong for him he always ends up smiling at the end. He was such a great character i've always hoped for a return in someway for him even as a guest but really cant seen it happening as he didn't leave on the best of terms and there's not really a connection to the bay anymore.

Agree love Adam, no matter what goes wrong for him he always ends up smiling at the end. He was such a great character i've always hoped for a return in someway for him even as a guest but really cant seen it happening as he didn't leave on the best of terms and there's not really a connection to the bay anymore.

He did return for a guestie in 1999 which was quite fun.

I remember him being portrayed as a bit of a baddie or a bit ruthless with regards to opening Bonza Burger and taking business away from the Diner, albeit with comical. Was he a bit too big for his boots? I'd like to watch his return again because I'd probably appreciate it a lot more second time round. But I can hardly remember anyone actually welcoming him back though - other than perhaps Sam surprisingly (after an initial resentment?). I remember they had an interesting conversation about Bobby in the Diner.

Adam would know Irene, Marilyn, Roo and Alf if he was to return. I think he's the type of character who could actually return without any real reason, simply because he lived there in the past. I wonder how he'd be written if he returned now though, considering the current format.

I remember him being portrayed as a bit of a baddie or a bit ruthless with regards to opening Bonza Burger and taking business away from the Diner, albeit with comical scenarios. Was he a bit too big for his boots? I'd like to watch his return again because I'd probably appreciate it a lot more second time round. But I can hardly remember anyone actually welcoming him back though - other than perhaps Sam surprisingly (after an initial resentment?). I remember they had an interesting conversation about Bobby in the Diner.

Adam would know Irene, Marilyn, Roo and Alf if he was to return. I think he's the type of character who could actually return without any real reason, simply because he lived there in the past. I wonder how he'd be written if he returned now though, considering the current format.

Yes, with Marilyn being in the current show it would be excellent for Adam to return. Agree that it's risky with the current format.

Archived