1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Looking forward to this season!

And there was a musical episode?? Don't remember this one, then again I was only Sally's age in 1993! :P

Haha, not quite but that would make interesting viewing! It's just a performance that some characters take part in at the surf club. Bit more info on it in the article on the main site which might jog your memory.

Though saying that a real life Home and Away Musical with some of the cast did make it's way to UK stages in 1989!

It's amazing the episodes that stick with people, normally it's births, deaths, marriages and departures but the musical always sticks in my mind. I think it's because I really hated the way Shane was behaving.

Looking forward to reliving these eps. This particular era was my favourite when I was growing up. I watched the show sporadically from the beginning but it was around this time I became hooked and never missed an episode. So many memorable moments. I remember Angel's first episode like it was yesterday. I also remember loving when Nathan came to town.

And there was a musical episode?? Don't remember this one, then again I was only Sally's age in 1993! :P

Haha, not quite but that would make interesting viewing! It's just a performance that some characters take part in at the surf club. Bit more info on it in the article on the main site which might jog your memory.

Though saying that a real life Home and Away Musical with some of the cast did make it's way to UK stages in 1989!

It's amazing the episodes that stick with people, normally it's births, deaths, marriages and departures but the musical always sticks in my mind. I think it's because I really hated the way Shane was behaving.

He had a good reason, Tug had to pay for setting him up and having him put inside. What did you want Shane to do, shake his hand?

Though saying that a real life Home and Away Musical with some of the cast did make it's way to UK stages in 1989! It's amazing the episodes that stick with people, normally it's births, deaths, marriages and departures but the musical always sticks in my mind. I think it's because I really hated the way Shane was behaving.

He had a good reason, Tug had to pay for setting him up and having him put inside. What did you want Shane to do, shake his hand?

No, but he went the wrong way about it. Fair enough, get back at Tug but don't wreck the musical for everyone and force yourself on Sarah instead of the quick kiss it was meant to be.

Angel and Sarah didn't deserve to be victims of Shane's revenge.

I'm sorry, but Sarah was unfortunately caught in the crossfire. I'm not saying Sarah deserved it (she didn't) but I'm afraid there is nothing I can do about that!

Angel was not a victim of Shane! She and Shane ended up happily married!

I'm sorry, but Sarah was unfortunately caught in the crossfire. I'm not saying Sarah deserved it (she didn't) but I'm afraid there is nothing I can do about that!

Angel was not a victim of Shane! She and Shane ended up happily married!

Why are you apologising? You're not responsible and I don't want you to do anything about it.

Angel was at that point in time, she might have forgiven Shane eventually, but what he did still affected her and her best friend at the time.

A nice shiny new thread for the 1993 season which starts on 7TWO on Monday.

It's a huge season for the show with arguably some of the most memorable and emotional episodes of all time. Below is a guide to when you can expect key episodes to air over the coming season (these dates presume that 7TWO will continue showing episodes over Christmas).

There's also an in-depth preview for the year available on the main site - http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2014/06/06/early-years-1993.shtml

1146 - Mon 9th Jun 2014 - 1993 Season Opener

1147 - Tue 10th Jun 2014 - Lynne McGranger's first episode as Irene / Luke Cunningham's first episode

1157 - Tue 24th Jun 2014 - Sarah Thompson's first episode

1158 - Wed 25th Jun 2014 - Sophie's final episode

1164 - Thu 3rd Jul 2014 - Karen Dean returns

1176 - Mon 21st Jul 2014 - Pippa gives birth to Dale

1178 - Wed 23rd Jul 2014 - Blake's final episode

1202 - Tue 26th Aug 2014 - Angel's first episode

1207 - Tue 2nd Sep 2014 - Irene returns to the city

1222 - Tue 23rd Sep 2014 - Dale's death

1230 - Fri 3rd Oct 2014 - Dale's funeral

1251 - Mon 3rd Nov 2014 - The Summer Bay Musical

1259 - Thu 13th Nov 2014 - Greg starts an affair with Fiona

1273 - Tue 3rd Dec 2014 - Bobby tells Greg their marriage is over

1295 - Fri 2nd Jan 2015 - Bobby & Greg reunite

1298 - Wed 7th Jan 2015 - Bobby's accident

1304 - Thu 15th Jan 2015 - Bobby's death

1307 - Tue 20th Jan 2015 - Morag returns

1309 - Thu 22nd Jan 2015 - Bobby's funeral

1323 - Wed 11th Feb 2015 - Greg's final episode

1339 - Thu 5th Mar 2015 - Irene returns to the bay permanently

1346 - Mon 16th Mar 2015 - Nathan Roberts' first episode

1348 - Wed 18th Mar 2015 - Morag leaves (final appearance for 8 years)

1370 - Fri 17th Apr 2015 - James Healey's (Simon Baker) first episode

1375 - Fri 24th Apr 2015 - 1993 Season finale - Shane confronts Angel about Dylan

A couple of other storylines to look forward to are:

• Laura the hermit (whose house Adam hid out in after Bobby's death, and Samantha burnt down in early 1994)

• Luke Cunningham's brother Bill

• Laura the hermit (whose house Adam hid out in after Bobby's death, and Samantha burnt down in early 1994)

• Luke Cunningham's brother Bill

Oh yes I have fond memories of both those storylines, although I didn't remember the woman's name.

Wasn't it Damien who befriended her?

I'm looking forward to, and slightly hesitant about, Sarah's arrival. I remember really liking her, but then I also remembred really liking Lucinda and stand totally corrected on that one (due to the writing, nothing to do with Dee Smart's acting). Has anyone else noticed that "Sarah" has been in the background in a lot of Diner and Surf Club scenes for the past few weeks?

Archived