Dangerous Life

Guest Melbelle94

Hmm Kyle's parents arrived a day earlier and Mason doesn't seem fond of his brothers. Wonder why Ruby is back please continue update again soon :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great two chapters there. :) Now it's not very often that I root for Brax. But I fully do in this story. Mason is even a bigger tool than Brax normally is :lol: Kyle also needs to grow a backbone as well. :P

What I would like to see happen in upcoming chapters? Hmmmmmmm Brax and Mason to have a one on one showdown. Or maybe a River Boys VS Mafia full on war break out :lol: I don't really mind I'm sure your do a great job anyways with this story.

Its good to see Ruby back, but it might be very dangerous for her Maybe she should of stayed away. Sounds like Mason's got something planned.

Update again soon.

Chapter Seven:

Kyle glanced at Charlie with a raised eyebrow, she stood before him with her arms crossed and a deadly expression in her eyes. Kyle didn't realise how suborn she was until this moment, he could see the sheer determination in her eyes.

"Promise me she won't end up here" Charlie demanded.

Kyle sighed; she wouldn't understand that sometimes he had no control. She wanted his word that her daughter would be safe, that Ruby wouldn't end up imprisoned in Mason's guest house with her. "Charlie"

Charlie shook her head defiantly. "Promise me!" Charlie commanded.

"I'll do my best to ensure Ruby is safe, I'll do my best to keep her off my father's radar"

Charlie arched her eyebrow. "Promise me?" Charlie asked, her voice shaking. "I can't let Ruby get hurt by your father"

Kyle nodded. "I'll try, I promise, I'll keep her safe" Kyle finally agreed and he heard Charlie sigh in relief.

"And the baby I'm carrying?" Charlie asked.

Kyle let his jaw drop, pregnant?! He wasn't sure what he could say or do. "You're pregnant?!"

Lexi giggled from her position on the bench, she was swinging her legs back and forth, acting normal for once just out of sight of the cameras. "Told you, he's gonna freak out!"

Charlie let out a small giggle as she glanced at Kyle, seeing his stunned expression seemed to worry her. "I'm pregnant, and nothing can happen to this baby, you hear me?" Charlie's voice was stern and Kyle nodded slowly as he turned to Lexi.

"You knew!" Kyle accused and she grinned. "Could've warned me"

"Where's the fun in that?" Lexi teased, Kyle shook his head as he turned to Charlie.

"I promise you, that your children will always be safe" Kyle told her and Charlie smiled gratefully. "In return, I want you to be honest with me; it's the only way I can guarantee protection"

Charlie squirmed slightly under his intense gaze but nodded. "Alright, honesty in return for my children's safety I can do"

Kyle nodded as he spun to face Alexis. "And you my sweet wife, you're going to be completely honest with me, aren't you?" Kyle asked as he approached her, Lexi smiled at him and bobbed her head.

"Of course, my dear husband" Lexi spoke, Kyle slid his fingers under her chin and lifted slightly, he gripped with a little force.

"Complete honesty, Lex" Kyle told her sternly. "I can't protect you if you chose to keep things from me"

"Ky" Charlie murmured as she stepped forward, placing her hand on his arm, he dropped his grip on Lexi's chin. "Don'tI asked her to keep it from you until I was ready"

Kyle sighed as he rubbed a hand across his face, he leaned forward and kissed Lexi's cheek lightly. "I need you both to be honest, I am trying my bestbut unless all the facts are clear I can't protect you. What would have happened if my father found out about the baby before I did?" Kyle asked as he turned around and started to leave the room.

"Kyle" Lexi called and he stopped. "You're doing a good job"

Kyle scoffed as he spun back around. "I'm doing a good job?...I do my father's bidding, he kidnapped Charlie and I can't let her return without him coming after me, after my brothers, LexiI control you, every aspect because he threatened your life if I didn't man up" Kyle exhaled as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ky" Charlie breathed but he took a step back.

"Just leave it, your children will be safe, the moment I get a free moment I will find Ruby, I'll make sure to keep her off my father's radar" Kyle told her as he left the guest house, he slammed the front door.

^..^

Kyle kept his eyes trained on his father as Ruby hugged her dad and Ricky, he wasn't sure what his father was playing at but it made him nervous. The thought of something happening to Ruby after he spent years protecting herit made Kyle feel ill.

Kyle lifted his gaze away from his father as he felt Lexi tap his hand gently, he glanced over and saw her squirm slightly uncomfortably, noticing his tight grip on her leg, he let go and she took his hand in hers, squeezing slightly.

"Father, Mother, I think it's best if we continue this tonight" Kyle said as he glanced over at Brax and Ruby, his eyes meet the teenage girls, he could see her fighting the urge to react.

"Son"

Kyle shook his head. "Come to the house later, for dinner, give my brothers time to greet their guest" Kyle said abruptly and Mason smirked.

"I have something of importance to discuss with you" Mason said firmly and Kyle sighed but nodded. "Juliet, you'll wait at the car"

Kyle glanced over to make sure his brothers weren't listening; the last thing he wanted was for them to hear how his father spoke to women, to his mother.

"Yes, dear" Juliet spoke softly as she rose from her seat, kissing his cheek as well as Kyle's. "I'll see you later, Kyle"

"Good-bye mother" Kyle said softly as he watched his mother say a quick polite, good-bye, to his brothers. "You want to speak now?" Kyle asked his father.

Mason glared. "Is there something more important to you?"

Kyle noticed his father's look and shook his head. "Of course not, the office is private we can talk there, last door on the left" Kyle told him and Mason nodded as he inclined his head in Lexi's direction.

"Bring her"

Kyle glanced at Alexis's and noticed her quivering lip. "No father, I handle my wife, my way" Kyle said firmly.

Mason grumbled his disapproval as he headed for the office, leaving Lexi and Kyle seated.

"KyleI"

"Hush" Kyle murmured as he stood up only to have a pair of arms encircle his waist.

"Uncle Kyle" Ruby murmured against his chest.

Kyle glanced down and pushed her back slightly, whipping his head around to check his father was in the office. "Rubes, we've spoken about this. You can't advertise to the world that you know me, remember?" Kyle asked and Ruby nodded in understanding.

"But I haven't seen you in three months" Ruby complained and Kyle nodded.

"We can talk about it later, Ruby, listen" Kyle commanded as he glanced at Lexi. "Keep an eye on that door" Kyle warned and Lexi bobbed her head up and down. "My parents are in town, no matter what happens, you cannot let anyone know you know me. Do you understand?" Kyle asked firmly and Ruby nodded a worried look in her eyes.

Brax stepped forward and pulled Ruby back to him. "What the hell is going on, how do you know Ruby?"

Kyle frowned. "I can't talk about it now, but do me a favour, get her out of here" Kyle demanded as he glanced down at Lexi. "You aren't to mention this to anyone, am I understood?"

The words were harsh and Lexi knew exactly what he was talking about, she wasn't allowed to mention it to Charlie. "Yes" Lexi said softly and Kyle nodded.

"The lot of you have to leave, I'll be home soon. I'll explain what I can" Kyle told them as he kissed Lexi on the top of her head. "Behave"

^..^

Kyle walked into the office to see his father sitting comfortably on the small black couch; his suit jacket was opened as he seemed to relax slightly.

"What is you wanted to talk about, Father?" Kyle asked and Mason smiled showed a crueller side to him.

"Well for one, your wife, I don't appreciate her trying to let my secret out and two Charlotte. Charlotte is causing trouble, she wants to see you, she wants to be aware of what you're doing, and I need a new way to keep her at bay. Ruby is a sweet girl, yes?"

"I'm sure Charlotte isn't trying to cause you trouble father, she knows the consequences" Kyle said and Mason rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"That is true. However, you need to control her, remind her of the rules" Mason instructed, Kyle sighed as he leaned against the desk.

"Of course, father"

"And Alexis?" Mason asked, his voice was firm and Kyle glanced at him, he could see the anger in his father's eyes at the mention of Alexis.

Kyle nodded slightly. "She'll be dealt with, father"

"The next time she tries to leak a secret, I deal with her myself" Mason threatened as he stood up, buttoning his jacket. "You deal with Charlotte, or Ruby will make a fine addition to my household, don't you think, son?"

^..^

Kyle guided Alexis into the house, a hand firmly pressed against her back, he was furious; his father was threatening Ruby, an innocent teen, one he had vowed to protect. A few words from his father made him feel trapped.

Ruby smiled brightly as she saw her Kyle walk through the door. "Uncle Kyle"

Kyle smiled slightly. "Hey sweetheart" Kyle murmured as he let go of Lexi and hugged his niece, only to be pulled away and shoved into a wall by Brax.

"Start explaining!" Brax demanded as he held his middle brother firm against the wall.

"Don't hurt him" Lexi murmured as she moved forward. "Please don'tMason will know"

"What?" Brax asked. "Kyle. Explain. Now! You can't put our lives in danger especially, Rubes"

"Your lives were put in danger the day I was born" Kyle ground out through his teeth as he used his hands to push Brax back, he glared at him.

"Kyle, this is insane" Brax said running a through his hair.

"What do you mean, my life is in danger?" Ruby asked. "Uncle Kyle?"

Kyle sighed. "I can't explain, there's to much riding on my secrecy" Kyle told them.

"What the hell did Alexis mean back in the restaurant? Your fathers killed before?" Brax demanded to know.

"What?" Ricky asked as she stepped forward.

Kyle looked between the two. "Damn it, Lexi"

Lexi bit her lip meekly. "I'm sorry Ky, it just slipped out!"

"Yeah? Well your little **** up has ruined everything" Kyle muttered as he rubbed a hand over the back of his neck.

"Maybe they can help" Lexi offered and Kyle glared, his eyes filled with anger.

"Help?! Telling them anything is going to get them killed" Kyle spat.

"Kyle, maybe Lexi is right" Brax pointed out.

"Right?! Have you lived the life I have? I didn't think so. Do you want to die? Do you want Heath and Casey to be safe?" Kyle demanded to know and Brax nodded shortly. "Then stay the **** out of this, I'm doing my best but it doesn't help when you!" Kyle chided turning to Lexi. "**** it up! My father is beyond furious with you" Kyle informed her as he slumped back against the wall. "Why, Lexi, why?"

"I don't know, Ky" Lexi said quietly.

"Your explanation isn't going to be good enough for my father, Alexis" Kyle chastised and Lexi nodded.

"I know"

Brax stood in front of Lexi and puffed his chest out. "You right? She's obviously sorry"

Kyle sneered as he crooked his finger at Alexis, motioning her to him. She moved hesitantly and Kyle glanced at Brax. "Don't try to protect her because she knows I'm not going to hit her, but sorry isn't good enough, not for my father"

"Uncle Kyle? Why is my life in danger, why is your dad so angry with me, us?" Ruby asked as she wrapped her arms around him.

"I promised you 3 years ago that nothing would happen to you, and I am telling you right now I will keep you safe, no matter what" Kyle promised and Ruby nodded, he kissed her hairline lightly.

"Whys he interested in me?" Ruby asked.

Kyle sighed but nether the less he told the half truth. "Because you are really important to someone I know, but they're not doing as instructed by my father, your bait"

"She's bait?" Heath asked and Kyle nodded.

"But nothing will happen to you, I promise" Kyle said as he pulled her back, holding her at arm's length as he glanced around the room. "Look I have to make a call. I'm not trying to make this hard but if I tell you my father's biggest secret he will kill the person I'm trying to protect" Kyle said as he looked at Lexi. "You have a dinner to cook for my father" Kyle said as he tugged her hand and pulled her towards him, kissing her head. "I don't want you to do anything like that again, I won't lose you, do you understand, babe?"

"Yes"

"Who you calling?" Casey asked and Kyle glanced at him.

"I need to ensure the safety of someone" Kyle said, he purposely couldn't mention Charlie's name.

"Uncle Kyle, stop keeping secrets from us!" Ruby exclaimed.

Kyle spun around to face them; he was angry, beyond angry that they couldn't leave it alone. "You want to know a secret?! My father is the head of the mafia!"

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review!

Chapter Eight:

Charlie laid down on the bed on her side, her face buried in her pillow as she sobbed, her pregnant belly of seven months intruding as she tried to hug the young infant beside her, but she couldn’t grasp him properly. Every time she so much as glimpsed at him she saw the Braxton face.

“Charlie” Kyle exhaled as he pulled Lexi into the bedroom and shut the door behind them.

“Go away Kyle, leave me alone” Charlie sobbed.

Kyle shook his head as he brought Rocco up into his arms and passed him to Lexi. “Feed him” Lexi nodded as she turned around. “And Alexis?”

“Yes?”

“Stay out of view of the cameras”

Feeling the bed dip Charlie shook her head and raised her hand to push him away. “No! No!”

Kyle sighed as he pulled Charlie up and into his arms. “Charlie…I didn’t know, I swear” Kyle breathed. “My father, he brought Rocco here, I didn’t know what he was doing”

“Why Kyle, why is he doing this to us?” Charlie cried and Kyle frowned.

“I don’t know, I promise you I will find away to get you home”

“He’ll kill us, kill you, if you help us escape”

“I can’t let you spend the rest of your life here, Charlie, your about to have my niece and nephew. Rocco is going to grow up without his parents, all because my father wants to keep me here”

“He can’t bring Ruby here, or Brax, god Kyle don’t let him touch my family” Charlie said as she pulled back, Kyle looked at the sheer terror in her eyes and nodded.

“Charlie…”

Charlie whipped her head back and forth frantically. “They can never know I’m alive and being kept hostage, they can never know that your father is part of the

mafia. Once they know I’m alive…” Charlie breathed heavily. “Brax will get himself killed. Kyle, promise me that they will never find anything out”

Kyle rubbed a hand over his face. “Charlie, I can’t promise that, I could use there help”

“No! I would rather stay in this hostage situation, prison then let Brax get involved. I said no, Kyle” Charlie said firmly as she wiped her tears away. “So help you if you tell them, I can’t control much but I am controlling this” Charlie said as Lexi entered the room.”Alexis; you have to help me, he can’t tell them” Charlie pleaded and Lexi frowned.

“I…what are you talking about?” Lexi asked.

Kyle shook his head as he wrapped his arms around Charlie. “They won’t find out because I’ll protect them from it” Kyle promised as he kissed her head. “I promise you, they’ll never know”

“Never no I’m alive? Promise me Kyle, I cant let your father kill them” Charlie whispered into his shoulder.

“I promise”

Charlie pulled back a little. “And Rocco?”

“If my father ever leaves this house, then I’ll find a way to take him home” Kyle promised and Charlie nodded as she hugged him. “I could take you when I take him”

Charlie shook her head. “He’ll find me, like he did before or he’ll go after Ruby, Brax even. No Kyle, I stay and Rocco goes home, please?”

“Okay”

^..^

Kyle stared at his family, he saw their anger, their rage at his honestly. He knew he shouldn’t have told them about his father. He’d made a vow that he wouldn’t and he had just let a secret out, one that could put lives in jeopardy.

Brax glared at him his hand clenching into a fist. “What the **** Kyle” Brax bellowed.

Kyle crossed his arms and glared. “You satisfied? You wanted to know” Kyle spoke firmly and Brax sneered at him.

“Why the **** didn’t you tell me sooner? Your dad is ****ing mafia! You put us all in danger!” Brax yelled at Kyle.

Kyle knew why he didn’t tell them, he couldn’t, between Charlie and his father he was trapped.

Kyle shook his head. “You were in danger before I arrived. I’m just doing as instructed, I’m doing this to keep you safe, to keep everyone safe, to stay alive” Kyle groaned as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Don’t judge” Lexi whispered. “He’s risked his life for you, countless times, finding Ruby, it could have cost him so much but he did it anyway. You know nothing of what his life is like. What our life is like”

“I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t ****ing tell me Kyle, I have a responsibility to protect this family!” Brax shouted.

“I have a responsibility to this family to, Brax, and my family as well. I couldn’t tell you, shouldn’t have told you” Kyle exhaled. “Three years ago, I planned to leave home, I didn’t want this life but my father found out and I’ve been forced to stay ever since to do his bidding”

“Kyle, I can help you”

Kyle knew Brax would say that, it was what Charlie had said would happen. “You can’t help me Brax!” Kyle exhaled heavily. “My father is more powerful than you can imagine”

“Kyle, we can…” Bianca voice could be heard but Kyle just shook his head.

“Just don’t. Lexi, call my mother and tell them not to come. I have to go home tonight and see…um…her” Kyle said referring to Charlie.

Lexi shifted nervously knowing what Kyle was about to do, she didn’t want him get himself into trouble, as much as she hated it she couldn’t deny loving him. “Your father isn’t going to be happy”

Kyle frowned. “Let me deal with that later”

“Who are you going to see, Kyle?” Ricky asked as stepped forward level with break.

Kyle raised his eyebrow. “To see my…” Looking at Lexi, he struggled to find the right word. “It’s a long story just leave it alone, I have to do damage control, my father’s going to find out that you know”

“Kyle, you can’t do…”

“I have to Alexis, he’s going to go off the deep end once he finds out” Kyle spoke evenly and Lexi shook her head.

“I want to come…please, don’t leave me here” Lexi whispered softly and he saw the tears in her eyes.

Kyle nodded slowly. “Alright, but you do as your told” Kyle warned as he looked at Brax. “You want to live, you take them somewhere safe, I’ll find you, but you can’t stay here” Kyle warned.

Brax went to speak but Ruby interrupted. “What are you about to do, Uncle Kyle?”

“What I’ve been waiting three years for, but once I do this…its going to cause a lot of anger” Kyle said as he brushed the hair from her eyes. “Do you remember how I found out about you?”

Ruby nodded. “My mother told you, but I still don’t understand how you knew her. She died” Ruby whispered and Kyle looked over her head at Brax, he could see the confusion and anger clouding in his eyes.

“She did, Ruby. Your mum told me about you, a little under three years ago. I promised her I’d protect you, I promised her you’d always be safe. I was never meant to tell any of you who my father was, but now you know, your in danger” Kyle pulled her into a tight hug. “I know you don’t trust me Brax but this is important, I know my father, I know how he works. You take them some place safe, don’t contact anyone”

Ruby clutched at his t-shirt tighter. “How will you find us?”

Kyle smiled softly. “I’ll always find you; it’s my job to keep you safe. And when I meet up with you, I’ll have a big surprise. Four special surprises” Kyle promised as he kissed her head. “Don’t pack, just get in your car and drive”

“Kyle, what are you planning?” Heath asked suspiciously and Kyle glanced at him.

“Three years ago, you lost a precious person…people. I have to make what my father did right”

^..^

Archived