Greg Marshall - Ross Newton

• 2 months later...

i liked Greg and would love him to make a reappearance but with none of his family there or Don i can't see why he would, I didn't like his exit after Bobby died leaving Sam behind, would of loved for him to stay and watch Sam grow up i think the 2 could of had some good scenes together.

• 3 years later...
On May 14, 2014 at 14:30, sindikatas said:

I always thought it was too ideal that suddenly a dad of Sam's appears out of nowhere, Bobby falls in love with him, he loves her back and she gets to kill two birds with one stone. A very nice idea but how often it does really happen?

I think the writers were struggling to find a love interest for Bobby that made sense

Does anybody recall when rumours began circulating that Frank would be returning?

Greg Greg Greg... An opportunist who showed his true colors by leaving his child when Bobby died. I never believed he truly loved Bobby, it was just a convenient situation for him. I think Bobby grew to eventually love Greg as part of the package deal  because 1- she replaced her feelings for Frank with the baby she lost and Sam 2- she settled. I believe she would've left Greg for Frank if Ailsa or Pippa gave her that extra push. She was willing to,leave Summer Bay and travel with a guy she only knew for a few weeks who had a mental illness.

recently found Ross Newton on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/rossnewton6?lang=en

Edited by Summer's Bay

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2014 at 10:23, Gazza said:

i liked Greg and would love him to make a reappearance but with none of his family there or Don i can't see why he would, I didn't like his exit after Bobby died leaving Sam behind, would have loved for him to stay and watch Sam grow up i think the 2 could have had some good scenes together.

They did write him out with indecent haste, didn't they? One minute he's having an affair with Fiona, the next he's a widower, the next he's gone. Does anyone know why he left? Did he ask to leave or did the writers not know what to do with him once Bobby had died?

He wasn't all bad, of course, but I mostly think of him as a flawed, weak character. Someone who ultimately let his wife and son down badly.

• 3 months later...