Greg Marshall - Ross Newton

Marilyn was very good friends with Bobby and therefore he lived with Marilyn and Bobby in the beach house so I'd say he'd be closer to Marilyn than Alf.

Of course, these are the same production team who neglected to give Marilyn and Irene ANY scenes together for almost a year when Marilyn returned because "sometimes stories don't overlap" (worst excuse ever).

So if he did return, I wouldn't actually be surprised if they made out he was super close to Alf (he wasn't) and didn't say two words to Marilyn haha.

Edited by Sally Keating

On 19/03/2018 at 20:50, cymbaline said:

They did write him out with indecent haste, didn't they? One minute he's having an affair with Fiona, the next he's a widower, the next he's gone. Does anyone know why he left? Did he ask to leave or did the writers not know what to do with him once Bobby had died?

He wasn't all bad, of course, but I mostly think of him as a flawed, weak character. Someone who ultimately let his wife and son down badly.

I wouldnt mind knowing the answer to this too.

I mentioned before that I never got the impression that he truly loved Bobby, it appeared to be a convenience situation hence him taking off and leaving his son when they opportunity presented itself. I also get the impression that he struggled with being a father too.

Am I the only one who found Greg and Bobby kissing really awkward?..its like he was trying to extract her back teeth and there was absolutely no chemistry between them at all

I think Ross Newton is a gay man (at least that's the impression I get after looking at his Instagram). Maybe that played into his lack of chemistry with Bobby? I never bought into them as a couple either. I thought she had better chemistry with Craig McLachlan's character. 

• Like 2

On 27/07/2018 at 09:19, cymbaline said:

I think Ross Newton is a gay man (at least that's the impression I get after looking at his Instagram). Maybe that played into his lack of chemistry with Bobby? I never bought into them as a couple either. I thought she had better chemistry with Craig McLachlan's character. 

He is, has been with his partner for over 20 years. I didn’t even know he was Gay when I mentioned months back that he had zero chemistry with Nicolle but in this instance it somewhat makes sense.  Some gay actors play straight men very well and even though I haven’t seen his other work, In my opinion Ross might’ve struggled with affection scenes with women which definitely showed on camera with Nicolle. I don’t recall if this was the case with the woman he had an affair with.

In my opinion Bobby never truly loved Greg, she settled for the sake of Sam.

from the little I saw including their photo shoot I was under the impression the storyline was heading towards Bobby/Grant but I liked that they had a friendship like Frank/Narelle

Edited by Summer's Bay

Guys, feel free to express whatever opinion you have on the nature of Bobby and Greg's relationship. 

But to suggest the way you perceive it is due to who Ross is in a relationship with is  bordelining on complete ignorance.

It's fine if you fell there was no chemistry, personally I believed their marriage, (Bobby had and the passionate love with Frank and look how that turned out, I think the Jeff Lyme idea was a bit extreme but with Greg it seemed right to me, ) but it has nothing to do with his personal life. Ross is a fine actor and I'm sure can many different types of roles.

Edited by Blaxland 89

13 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Guys, feel free to express whatever opinion you have on the nature of Bobby and Greg's relationship. 

But to suggest the way you perceive it is due to who Ross is in a relationship with is  bordelining on complete ignorance.

It's fine if you fell there was no chemistry, personally I believed their marriage, (Bobby had and the passionate love with Frank and look how that turned out, I think the Jeff Lyme idea was a bit extreme but with Greg it seemed right to me, ) but it has nothing to do with his personal life. Ross is a fine actor and I'm sure can many different types of roles.

Excuse me?

You are allowed to state what you believe to be facts but no one else is allowed to have an opinion?

Exploring ideas on why Ross had no chemistry with his costar is not being ignorant or disrespectful since the discussion is not critiquing or discussing his life choices, only his acting and what he presents on screen.

I didn’t even know Ross was gay when I mentioned months ago that I didn’t think he had any chemistry with Bobby. I also specifically said I have not seen any of Ross’s other work or all his scenes with the woman he had an affair with so I’m not sure if this was an isolated situation with Bobby or something he struggles with in general but in this case, in my opinion he struggled.

Not every Actor can play roles that come across well on screen and I also specifically said some gay actors play straight men very well. Nicolle in my opinion had the best on screen chemistry with Alex regardless of how the storyline played out. Maybe the aim was for Greg/Bobby not to have any chemistry since it’s obvious that she only settled. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Excuse me?

You are allowed to state what you believe to be facts but no one else is allowed to have an opinion?

Exploring ideas on why Ross had no chemistry with his costar is not being ignorant or disrespectful since the discussion is not critiquing or discussing his life choices, only his acting and what he presents on screen.

I didn’t even know Ross was gay when I mentioned months ago that I didn’t think he had any chemistry with Bobby. I also specifically said I have not seen any of Ross’s other work or all his scenes with the woman he had an affair with so I’m not sure if this was an isolated situation with Bobby or something he struggles with in general but in this case, in my opinion he struggled.

Not every Actor can play roles that come across well on screen and I also specifically said some gay actors play straight men very well. Nicolle in my opinion had the best on screen chemistry with Alex regardless of how the storyline played out. Maybe the aim was for Greg/Bobby not to have any chemistry since it’s obvious that she only settled. 

I wasn't commenting on what you said months ago and as I stated, having an opinion on the characters was not what I had an issue with. Read the first sentence of my post. I also haven't stated anything that I believe to be fact. 

Edited by Blaxland 89

• 1 month later...

I found this article on Ross’ partners instsgram, (click on right arrow to read the article) sounds like they are campaigning for him to get back on home and Away. It’s a shame that he had to hide that he is gay and I wonder if that had anything to him being written out of the show.

I hope all this expose means there is something in the pipeline for Nicole.

if Ross returns, what is he going to do? 

By the way, it appears though he refers to himself as Roo

Edited by Summer's Bay