7000th episode of Neighbours.

Guest Homeandawayfan.

Well they're not wrong about the date of when the episode will air as I checked it myself and Friday October 24 2014 was the date I received as well.

My guess is it will have something to do with the Kennedy family. It's 20 years since they first started on the show and I'm aware that Libby, Ben, Mal and Holly are all making returns to the show this year.

Episode 5000 and 6000 have revolved around Paul and the Robinson family so I have a feeling that the Kennedys will be on the forefront of the 7000th episode this time round.

I know this is a little bit left of field and quite random and shows my love for the 2005 Neighbour season but it could also be a period where some of the residents mark the 9th anniversary of when the tragic plane crash occurred over Bass Strait which killed David, Lil and Serena Bishop but that would be random. If it was 10 years which is next year then possibly but it's too random to happen though :P

This is an interesting topic. I just hope that they mark the occasion with SOMETHING. I'm not fussed what exactly, but I think something is better than nothing.
Looking forward to seeing what the writers/producers come up with to mark such special occasions.

Both of the biggest Aussie soaps in history are reaching a landmark episode number soon. When H&A began N was on episode 641 but due to H&A having longer Xmas breaks, it has slowly got more behind. But both are 26 and 29 years old and of similar age and have plenty of juicy history, and have outlived S&D, Prisoner, ACP, The Sullivans etc.

Well done to Neighbours for reaching 7000 episodes, no one ever thought it would reach when it began. I hope N reaches 10'000 episodes. Same for its sibling.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to see both Paul and the Kennedy's have an extensive role in episode 7000 but if I had to choose out of the two I think I'd go with the Kennedy's as Paul was heavily involved in both the episode 5000 and 6000 milestones that aired in 2006 and 2010 respectively.

This year is also the Kennedy's 20th year on the show so I think it's only fitting that episode 7000 is mainly devoted around them this time round.

I agree the Kennedy's should feature in the episode but I dont think they should take centre stage for the 7000th. It should be more so Paul Robinson as he is an original character and appeared in the first ever episode. The Robinson's were one of the original families. I dont want the 7000th episode to feel like having a title called "The Karl and Susan Kennedy Diaries".

I suppose it is a generation thing as I grew up in the Ramsay and Robinson era in the late 1980s and 1990s.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived