Keep On Keeping On (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo glad Rubes changed her mind ….curiuos bout April’s reaction

I really liked ……

Across the passage, April looked on with mild reproach as Heath returned to the house, holding up the giraffe.“You left that there on purpose, didn’t you?”she predicted.
Heath shrugged.“Well, need to give little brother a shock now and then.”He tossed the giraffe onto the sofa and locked the door.

“Good.”He kissed her and lowered her onto the table.“Because I think there’s still a few spots we haven’t christened.”

“They should get some pictures,”he decided.
Ruby had been looking down at her feet but roused herself at the comment.“What of?”
“Well, babies would be kind of inappropriate.Safe sex advice would be rubbing it in.Maybe a nice landscape.Sunset.”
Ruby smiled slightly.“Movie posters?”
Dexter smiled back.“Now we’re talking.”
Ruby’s smile disappeared as abruptly as it had appeared.“You know this isn’t to do with you?You’d be a great dad.It’s me.I’m the screw up.”

But Rosie just sagged.“I’m one of these obsessed mums who can’t see a life outside their child and goes around showing complete strangers baby photos.I’m, like, social death or something.”
“I think it’s good,”Spencer attempted,“It shows you care about her.”
Rosie sighed.“I do.I really do.She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me.And if that means I have to be desperate and dateless for the rest of my life, or at least until she leaves high school, that’s how it has to be.”

LOOOVED that !!!!

Curious out why Heath reacted to Spencer’s news ……and Bianca’s line “what do you want to know?” …..but I guess there are no doubt many things that Bianca [Charlie’s bestie] knows bout Charlie tat Ruby doesn’t !!!

Also, MUCHLY liked ………..

“We’ve never talked about it either.Heath and me.Don’t get me wrong, I love Heath but…it feels like I’ve just become a part of his life, moving in with his family, looking after his children.What happened to my life?When’s that going to happen?Is this it?”

Ruby grimaced at the question.“Yeah, I’m not that much of a skank.”

I wish Charlie was here.”
“So do I sometimes,”Bianca agreed,“And I think that, once she’d got over the shock of being a grandma and finished berating you, she’d have been pleased for you.”
Ruby nodded.“Guess I’m going to have to tell this one lots of stories about her.”
“Guess you are.

“No!”Rosie protested in horror,“I’m not easy!”She paused, looking confused.“Do you have to be easy to sleep with someone on the first date?”
Sasha flushed.“Depends on the circumstances.”
Maddy came to her rescue.“So what did happen?”
Rosie smiled awkwardly.“He kissed me.More than once.And it was real ‘oh my god’, butterflies in the tummy job.And I do really really want to go further with him some time.”

I wonder in what way Bianca will able to help Ruby out?

That part with Spencer and Heath was funny, especially the last few lines.

I kind of felt sorry for April feeling like she was struck in a rut with Heath.

Look forward to more.

I'm sort of thinking that Heath should just go and ask Spencer for his job back. Instead of looking around for another one, seeing as Bianca is still recovering.

Loved Rosie reaction to Spencer owning the gym. And something tells me that Spencer will have to get used too playing with dolls if Daisy has her way.

Look forward to more.

That was ACE !!!!!! Especailly liked ……

Heath shrugged.“I figured when you’re a high flying doctor you’d support us and I’d be a stay at home husband.”

“I’m not going cap in hand to him,”Heath said firmly,“But…I’ll look around, find something.I’ll make sure we’re all right.”

,“Another woman’s perspective on pregnancy?”
“Yeah, she was really helpful,”Ruby confirmed,“And really nice.Felt a bit like having Mum back.”

The midwife came in.“Mr and Mrs.Buckton?”
“Walker,”Dexter corrected.
“Mr and Mrs.Walker?”
“I’m Buckton, he’s Walker,”Ruby explained,“Not Mr and Mrs.”
“Right, glad that’s clear.”

Dexter stared at the image of their baby.“Wow.It looks like some sort of weird mutant.”
“It looks like a baby,”Ruby said quietly, her voice filled with awe.

Rosie smiled sheepishly.“Well…she tends to get a new one every time I go on a shopping trip.I’m trying to train myself to walk past the toy shops.Not quite there yet.”
“Oh, so that’s why you’re with me,”Spencer joked,“You want a rich businessman to fund your doll collecting.”
Rosie looked hard at him for a moment to check he was joking and then smiled.“My secret is out.” She leant forward and kissed him.
“Yuck!”shouted Daisy.