Just The Girl

Guest KristinaLeigh

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REALLY enjoying this !!!!!

Spencer is such a BEEEEEEEEEEEP !!!!!!!!

Matt’s home life is just sooooooooo harrowingly the pits !!!!

Especially loved …..

I was a little worried about her, she looked broken, and the fun loving, carefree girl I'd seen the night before had disappeared.

I breathed in and watched as my ribs came outwards. I was so hungry I could die.

"I've already ate, thanks..." she said, her stomach grumbling. "Doesn't sound that way." Matt smiled, gesturing to her stomach. Pizza from Angelo's, with extra BBQ chicken, her favourite. She thought of what Spencer had told her, he said she needed to be healthier. "Your tiny, just eat the pizza!" laughed Matt, and Sasha smiled taking a piece.

He took in the neatness and cleanliness of the house. This is why he could never of had her study at his house.

Suddenly my bedroom door flung open and Matt's arm peaked out, waving my favourite Victoria's Secret bra. Grrrr. That boy. "Hey!" I marched up to him, pulling him from my room and throwing the bra back in. Nosey. Hmph.

SASHA's POV

It was Friday afternoon, and I stared lazily out the window during afternoon Biology. It was the last class of the day, and a clear indicator the weekend was nearly here. I twiddled a pencil idly between my thumb and forefinger, eyeing my black, chipped nail polish. I heard a voice echoing in my distant thoughts. "Miss Bezmel?" the voice called, and I was woken back up to reality with Mr Smith's stern face eyeing mine. "Do you have any ideas?" he asked again. I shook my head embarrassed, and a few students let out small giggles. "Pay attention please, Miss Bezmel," he said and I nodded.

The truth is I haven't paid much attention to anything since Monday. Matt hadn't been back to school after our Science presentation, he hadn't shown up for one class all week. I knew it was none of my business if we was wagging or sick or whatever, but a part of me still wondered. I couldn't ask Josh again, as the teasing would carry on. All he'd said to him was that he was wagging the rest of the week. Maybe that's what they do in Mangrove River. Hmm.

Spencer had been on top form all week, all smiles and laughter, most probably because of Matt's absence. When Maddy had brought it up at the diner last night Spencer had simply said, "He's a waste. What a complete loser." I knew a lot of people weren't the biggest fan of Matt Page, and neither was I by any means but I couldn't help feeling interested. There was a rumour going around about his dad causing chaos in Mangrove River or something, but I knew it was probably all hearsay. Spencer had said "He probably comes from a two-bit family, scruffy and rough...".

The bell rang, signifying the end of the school day. I breathed a sigh of relief, another week over. As I walked out of the class, Mr Smith called me. Oh no, now I was going to get it in the neck. "Mr Page hasn't been back all week and some of this revision is quite important for Monday's exam..." he began, and I stifled a laugh inside. I doubt Matt was concerned with revision, or exams for that matter. "Could you drop these to him?" he asked, handing me a pile of books and papers. "I don't think-" I began, but Mr Smith was already out the door.

I walked out into the corridor, worry consuming my mind. I saw Spencer approaching me and quickly shoved the things into my book bag. "Hey beautiful!" he smiled, greeting me with a kiss. "Fancy a movie night tonight?" he offered, pulling two DVD's from his backpack. He hadn't forgotten my girlie sleepover, surely? "I um...thought I was allowed to go to Maddy's sleepover?" I asked eagerly, and his face fell. Had I just asked permission to go somewhere?

"We hadn't actually discussed it..." Spencer began, his face turning disappointed. "Well I don't have to go but I just thought maybe I could? I've seen you every night this week..." I pointed out. Spencer frowned a little, I could see where this was heading. "So you're saying you don't want to see me?" he asked, looking hurt. I took his hands and intertwined them with mine. "Of course I do, I just think Evelyn could do with some girlie fun, she's still pretty new around here..." I began. It sounded horrid but I needed a break from Spencer's persistence.

Finally, he gave in under the premise I didn't drink anything, and I didn't leave Maddy's house the next morning. Oh and I had to ensure I answered my phone at all times.

"You ready to head home?" he asked as we walked out of school hand in hand. Spencer was the only guy I knew who kept his shirt tucked and tie straight all the way home. "Um, I think I might hit up the gym actually..." I began, lying was clearly not my area of expertise, but I found myself doing it more and more these days. "Oh okay," he smiled, proud of my fitness effort.

After we departed I began the walk to Mangrove River. I dug into my book bag and found out the address I'd been given by Mr Smith. I took a deep breathe. No turning back now.

As Sasha stumbled onto Mangrove River the day was getting darker, the bright light of day lowering a little, and the usual warm sea breeze turned into a swift chill. Sasha hugged her shoulders and rubbed her arms quickly for warmth. As she came upon a row of houses she stopped, taking in the area around her.

There was a stale smell, of cigarettes and booze and the houses all looked washed out, and dirty. She checked the houses for numbers but not many had them, so she counted slowly until she came to number twenty three. She took in the broken wooden porch, as she stepped carefully to avoid the broken glass beneath her feet. She knocked the door three times, no answer. She heard heavy metal music thrashing from an upstairs window. She knocked again harder. Some rustling could be heard before she saw Matt's face.

The smile fell from his face the second he saw her, exchanging for deep embarrassment. He could feel the sweat forming on his forehead as Sasha looked around worriedly, as if something bad might happen around here. He poked his head out, just a tiny bit and Sasha noticed the red scratch under his eye. "Hey Matt..." she began and Matt slipped out, shutting the door behind him. "What the hell are you doing here?" he snapped angrily, tripping over broken bottles and cans beneath his feat. "I just came to bring you your homework..." Sasha began awkwardly. "Are you okay?" she asked, leaning up and running her fingers delicately beneath his eye. He jumped back, annoyed. "I didn't invite you here. I didn't ask for any home work. You're not my girlfriend..." he went on angrily. "I know, I just thought you might..." Sasha began, her eyes filling with tears. Matt had no idea what she had risked to be here.

"Just go home Sash!" he snapped, and Sasha jumped back in alarm, stepping on an empty can of beer. "Who did that to you?" Sasha demanded, looking closer at his eye. "Matt! What's all the noise out there?" called a gruff voice, Matt's dad. "Argh, now look what you've done. Just go back to Summer Bay Princess. You already think your so much better than everyone else!" he snapped angrily. He knew this wasn't true, but as he stood here, embarrassed by what he really was, behind closed doors, he couldn't stop himself.

"You know what, your a jerk!" Sasha said, her eyes filling up with more tears, and she turned and stamped off back up the track to Summer Bay.

Matt kicked a bag of rubbish from the porch onto the grass angrily and slumped down on the wooden steps. He put his head in his hands, and breathed heavily. He felt so angry with himself for how he'd spoken to Sasha. He's felt so embarrassed. Now she knew where he lived, where he came from. He recounted thoughts of sitting on her sofa, eating pizza. He'd ruined everything. Maybe Spencer was right, maybe a guy like him would never be good enough for a girl like that.

SASH's POV

I wiped the tears away for the final time and took in a deep breath. What an absolute idiot I'd been, thinking Matt was a decent guy, that he would somehow appreciate my half an hour trek to his house. I was stupid for ever thinking we were friends, that he liked me. It was impossible with a guy like that, he just wanted one thing.

I rocked up to Maddy's door and stopped, wiped my eyes and plastered on a fake smile. I knew I shouldn't have got my hopes up, but somehow I thought Matt might of been different. I was worried about the cuts and bruises on his face, had he got into a fight? Is that why he hadn't been at school? And surely it wasn't right for someone to be living like that, in that state?

"You're late!" Maddy demanded as she opened the door, pulling me into a warm hug.

MATTS POV

I studied the corridor carefully before turning. I scanned the familiar faces of the students eagerly, searching for the one person I couldn't face just yet.

I watched as Sasha and Spencer, hand in hand, walked along the corridor. Sasha was wearing her usual slightly-to-short school dress, with a pair of converse. Her pretty dark hair was tied into a pony tail, secured with black ribbon. It bobbed as she moved, and I watched as she turned to Spencer smiling. I caught sight of her rosy red lips. What was this feeling? Guilt? Jealousy?

I'd spent the week at home after a rough fight with my dad, which seemed to last all week. I'd tried to get him to quit drinking, to no avail. I'd tried my best to tidy the house up, cut the lawns, tidy the trash and stuff, but there was still no money to pay the bills. School were concerned, my Dad

too drunk to call in absent for me wouldn't go down well. If they knew how I was living they'd get services involved, and next thing you know I'd be sitting in some children's home somewhere, and every memory of my mother was in that house. I couldn't give up without a fight.

I spent the entire morning dodging tricky questions from Mrs Braxton. Questions like "what's your home life like Matt?" and the all important "are there any problems at home?" Where do I begin eh? I felt like if I started listing my problems, I'd be there forever.

At lunch, I took a walk down into the beach and sat on the rocks. I took out my school books and tried to study a little. This was the only place that ever felt calm enough for me to study, except Sasha's.

I thought back of how I had spoken to her previously, and I hadn't spoken to her since. I was quite certain she would never want to speak to me again after what I'd said and I couldn't blame her. I panicked, I felt ashamed of what I am, where I live, and where I come from. I remembered back to look on Sasha's face, as she came to the realisation that is my home. It disgusted her.

"Hey..." I heard a soft warm voice call from behind me and I could honestly say, I'd never felt safer.

I turned and jumped tony feet eagerly, brushing the sand off of my trousers. "You still in jerk mode?" Sasha asked, as the ocean breeze lifted her scent and I took it in. I shook my head, apologies had never been my thing.

"Look Sash, I'm sorry...I just, I don't live in a nice house or..." I began, keeping my eyes downwards. I was too scared to see the look on her face. "I don't care where you live," she said defiantly. "I care about if your alright though..." she went on, and she took my hand in hers.

I automatically felt her warmth, or electrified my body, making the hairs on my arm stand on end. "I'm fine Sash, honestly. I'm just really sorry for how I spoke to you. I'm not good at apologies you know?" I asked frustrated. I rubbed the back of my neck, as I always did when I was nervous.

"You shouldn't have to live that way you know..." she said. She was so smart, so caring. "Neither do you." I said and she frowned in confusion. I wanted so badly to shake her, to tell her she could do so much better. Not that I was better by any means but still. She deserved freedom and fun. I knew I couldn't buy her jewellery or take her to the movies or fancy restaurants like Spencer could. But I could at least make her smile and so I did.

"Dating a tool like Spencer when you could be with a fine specimen like myself?" I teased and Sasha burst into a teethy grin. I heard that little girl giggle creep in, the way it always had when she'd been trying to stop herself from laughing. Her laughter was beginning to be all I needed.

She raised her eyebrows, and slapped my arm playfully.

Archived