Lynne to grab Kate's world record

Guest Dan F

Oh, so Jackie Woodburne is actually slightly ahead of Lynne in terms of episodes as she'll have been in the regular cast of Neighbours for 4619 episodes at 24th April (as Neighbours produces more episodes a year) but Lynne just has it in terms of the combination of episodes plus length of service.

Oh, so Jackie Woodburne is actually slightly ahead of Lynne in terms of episodes as she'll have been in the regular cast of Neighbours for 4619 episodes at 24th April (as Neighbours produces more episodes a year) but Lynne just has it in terms of the combination of episodes plus length of service.

Hmm, in that case who knows.... as I said in my other post, she's already surpassed Kate in time spent on the show...so maybe it is some sort of combo.

Never actually seen the specifics of the record and it's not one mentioned on their website etc.

Congratulations to Lynne and great to hear that she has no plans on leaving the show any time soon. Her continual presence will allow us strong continuity and familiarity that every soap opera needs. A few storylines would also help Irene continue to evolve as a character as well.

Once again congrats to her! Great character!

LYNNE McGranger is counting down the days until she knocks Kate Ritchie off her perch.

The Home and Away actor, who is in her 22nd year of playing Irene on the popular Seven soap, says she will soon break Ritchie’s world record for being the longest-running female in an ongoing acting role on Australian television.

It will be featured in the Guiness Book Of World Records. “I’m about to knock Kate Ritchie off,” she laughed. “It’s very exciting. Kate is pregnant so I’m sure she has got bigger fish to fry.” Neighbours actor Jackie Woodburne is closely behind McGranger. “Jackie wants me to walk under a tram cos she’s next in line,” joked McGranger, 61.

Her world record is in the bag as McGranger has no intention of leaving Home and Away. “I could never see myself leaving unless I was shown the door,” she said. Over her more than two decades on the show McGranger has seen her share of scandals on and off screen, particularly with young actors coming through the ranks enamoured by their new-found fame.

“We’ve seen it,” she said. “They’ve come, they’ve mated up, gotten into strife or whatever. But genuinely speaking they are a great bunch. We are a bit of a d...head-free zone at the moment and that is always good.” Photographs of young castmate Johnny Ruffo partying were recently published in a local woman’s mag. “It’s naughty and silly but hopefully he will come out the other side,” she said when asked about the images, which she never saw. “Johnny has come ahead with leaps and bounds and whatever the future holds for him, I wish him well. Johnny will never die wondering, he is never afraid to have a go.”

Source

Here's the current stats for time as a permanent character, Lynne will take the record for most number of episodes on 24th April.

Lynne

4591 episodes

20 years, 5 months and 21 days

Kate

4610 episodes (including pilot)

20 years, 2 months and 17 days.

Congrats to Lynne, she has become a true Aussie icon. I look forward to having her on the soap for much, much longer.

Archived