Denise "Denny" Miller - Jessica Grace Smith

• 2 months later...

Who is responsible for the wardrobe with Denny!? lol

For anyone that follows the NBA (American Basketball) they must be having a laugh. She has now worn tops for at least three different teams...... the Lakers, Celtics and now the Bulls. Sure, she could just like players on each team, but TBH it seems a bit unlikely overall....... firstly the Lakers and Celtics have got one of the biggest rivalries in history and now she's wearing another top from another storied franchise.

Possiblle, but unlikely........ they are dressing her like they are just some fashion statement or something lol

• Like 2

Who is responsible for the wardrobe with Denny!? lol

For anyone that follows the NBA (American Basketball) they must be having a laugh. She has now worn tops for at least three different teams...... the Lakers, Celtics and now the Bulls. Sure, she could just like players on each team, but TBH it seems a bit unlikely overall....... firstly the Lakers and Celtics have got one of the biggest rivalries in history and now she's wearing another top from another storied franchise.

Possiblle, but unlikely........ they are dressing her like they are just some fashion statement or something lol

I suspect she's one of those types of people who may just like the game in general and doesn't support a particular team.

After all the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls are very popular teams in the US and abroad especially with the Lakers-Celtics rivalry in the 1980s and the Bulls were massive in 1990s with Michael Jordan leading the way obviously.

I'm now waiting for her to wear a Miami Heat top :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking back on the year, I'm left thinking that Denny's been utterly wasted and reduced to a one-dimensional plot device.Towards the start of the year, characters I wasn't too keen on were being made regulars and Denny was one I'd rather had been made permanent.By the time she was, she was one of the ones I wasn't keen on.It was going fine until a third of the way through the year someone suddenly decided they needed a pretty girl in a black dress crying over Casey's grave and dropping a red rose on the coffin, and Denny got held up as a sacrifice to fill that role.So she suddenly latches onto someone that we're actually told she's never clapped eyes on before and cheats on Chris with him, losing a fair bit of viewer sympathy and writing off a potentially interesting long-term relationship for the sake of a less interesting short-term one.The attempt to build up her and Casey as some great love story instead felt like two characters that fall in love at the drop of a hat getting too serious too quickly and setting themselves up to burn out even if he hadn't bought the big one.

But the show and Casey's family couldn't leave it there, so Denny is practically forced to accept an engagement ring that isn't really hers and play the part of Casey's fiancé, as if she's going to spend the rest of her days mourning the fact that she and Casey never got a chance to marry and have a family instead of being allowed to move on with her life.A character who once seemed to serve a lot of functions on the show is suddenly defined wholly by a defunct two month relationship and it's going to take a lot to get that Braxton Girlfriend brand off her.

• Like 2

I agree with you about Denny RR1. I think she still has the potential to be a valuable character long term but the side excursion into a forced, random relationship with Casey just seemed to be a pointless detour. I'll wait and see what happens in 2015.

• Like 1

I agree with both RR1 and John. I just couldn't invest in Casey and Denny's relationship especially knowing that Casey would be gone soon enough and the fact that they'd known each other for only a few months but were seen to be in a relationship that would last forever supposedly.

Denny needs more storylines and screen time with her family next year.

Edited by Jezz