10 Years of BTTB!

Dan F

I remember being devastated when i read Home and away was going off air in the UK for a whole year!! and remember reading what we had too wait to catch up on (Sally's non wedding, the mudslide etc), but i thought that it couldn t be true untill i saw the papers lol, think it must of been one of your first articles? 10 YEARS !! thank you so much xx

• Like 1

It's crazy to think it's been 10 years since the site was set up. I was a regular visitor of it's previous incarnations and remember AussieSoap being set up (quite a unique site to cover multiple soaps) and clearly the change to Back To The Bay and the short lived Neighbours.me.uk - I also seem to remember voting for the name of the site (is that right?) and choosing BTTB. I can't remember the other options, but I think there was one around the Surf Club or something like that.

I remember the excitement over the stalker storyline and episode 4000 particularly fondly, probably the high points in BTTB's timeline as far as the show is concerned, along with all the content for Sally's departure (a low high point) and the 20th anniversary. Thanks to everyone for their hard work over the years.

There was a brief time around early 2005(?) when there were some problems with the hosting company and being able to get the BTTB domain renewed, (can't remember the finer details though I'm sure Chris would) which led to a vote on a new name for the site - thesurfclub.net was the winner. Whilst the domain was purchased, I think it was all sorted out in the end before a switch had to be made - though I know the forum was temporarily hosted there at one point.

The forum was also on the domain 'catchsomesun.org' for a while in 2005 too.

Ahh, thanks Dan.

I mean the upper logo with light blue background, so it is only like this with me? Hm weird

I just noticed something weird, one of the admin has been a member since 2003 but the forum was created in 2004, how is that possible?

Edited by Jacklost

Yup that's the logo we're talking about, if you follow my instructions it should refresh with the newer one visible.

As mentioned in the first post, the forum went online in 2003 with the name AussieSoap, which later became Everysoap. The main BacktotheBay site was launched in January 2004, with the forum being relaunched under the BTTB name in September 2004 (with all existing members moved over to the new one).

Yup that's the logo we're talking about, if you follow my instructions it should refresh with the newer one visible.

As mentioned in the first post, the forum went online in 2003 with the name AussieSoap, which later became Everysoap. The main BacktotheBay site was launched in January 2004, with the forum being relaunched under the BTTB name in September 2004 (with all existing members moved over to the new one).

I guess that member which is the other admin is the creator of the forum then? Since i have yet to see any older members

How tall is Isabel Lucas?

Hahahaha!

Well, happy birthday BTTB! I'm proud to say I have been here since 2004 - I might not be very active anymore but I do pop in every now and then. BTTB helped me through some pretty crappy teenage years and gave me the friends I didn't have in the real world. I've since grown up quite a lot and I'm now happily married and have some good friends, but I will never forget what BTTB did for me.

I too remember the games arcade - I used to play a lot of Tetris! - and I have some very fond memories of (among others):

*BTTB BB and The Love Shack

*A certain someone who was slightly fixated with a certain actress... but we won't name names (did I say that was a fond memory? Well, it certainly wasn't for Dan F at that hotel...)

*Moderating a (largely!) lovely bunch of forum members who hardly ever gave me any trouble

*Hacking into Ryan's account to change his gender to female and his favourite TV show to My Little Pony... I can't remember what he did to deserve it but we Mods all ganged up on his for some reason (but being Ryan, he took it very well)

* MSN group chats well into the early hours of the morning when I really should have been in bed (I had school in the morning y'know!)

I have lot of great memories and no doubt I will post some more when they occur to me. In the meantime, I just want to say, thank you BTTB for getting me through some tough times - don't know what I'd have done without you (and that's not an exaggeration).

Here's to another 10 years - and no doubt I'll still be lurking around then!

Dan - I remember Golden Oldies, but for the life of me, I can't remembers what it was... I'm thinking a thread in General Chat, started by Di maybe...?

Edited by Liz
  • Like 1