Your first memory of home and away

Guest gutterboy

I remember watching it as a child with my mum (I used to moan that she didn't watch the 1:30pm version so I could watch Sabrina The Teenage Witch at 5pm) and I remember Vinnie being in it and I remember Ailsa with Alf. Don with Marilyn. I don't remember particular episodes though.

I also remember the Sullivan's arriving. Think I used to be quite into it then.

And I remember that when I started watching it this time, I was bored at uni, didn't go to my classes and needed a way to pass the time. It was around the time Nicole was pregnant and giving him to Marilyn and Sid. The episode where Marilyn tried running away with him is where I became hooked. And in summer 2011 I got impatient waiting for it to come back onto English telly so found it online and caught up with Aus time. Best thing I ever did.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember watching it as a child with my mum (I used to moan that she didn't watch the 1:30pm version so I could watch Sabrina The Teenage Witch at 5pm) and I remember Vinnie being in it and I remember Ailsa with Alf. Don with Marilyn. I don't remember particular episodes though.

And I remember that when I started watching it this time, I was bored at uni, didn't go to my classes and needed a way to pass the time. It was around the time Nicole was pregnant and giving him to Marilyn and Sid. The episode where Marilyn tried running away with him is where I became hooked. And in summer 2011 I got impatient waiting for it to come back onto English telly so found it online and caught up with Aus time. Best thing I ever did.

Do you mean the Sutherlands?

As said I have watched the show since it aired for the first time in the UK in Feb 1989, over a year after its Aussie debut. I always go by the Aussie airdate of the show though. Almost 6000 episodes later the show is still being viewed by me even if I think sometimes they have employed American scriptwriters lol.

When the show aired over here I was almost 7 by then and remember it like yesterday. Doesn't seem that long ago at all.

Yes she means the Sutherlands.

Hahaha yeah them!

Oh man! I can't remember what was my first memory of Home and Away, lol. I just remember bits and pieces of it back in the 1990s and 2000s e.g.

Dylan becoming jealous forwards baby Shane

Angel and Dylan, baby Shane leaving Summer Bay

Irene and baby Paul

Stephanie's death and funeral

Ken's death and funeral

Chloe finding traps in Irene's house

Duncan pointing a gun at Alisa and it scared her

Marilyn's dream of her funeral

Alf seeing Alisa's ghost and it did freak me out, lol.

Tasha and The Believers

• 2 weeks later...

A girl was lying in the bush and a snake was heading towards her (early 2000s).

2005 and 2006:

I remember my mum saying "Sally has changed".

I remember seeing Alf go off in the diner/surf club and having a heart attack due to rage.

Rick being bullied at work and having battery acid poured on his leg.

I began watching it with my family more in 2008.

2005 and 2006:

I remember seeing Alf go off in the diner/surf club and having a heart attack due to rage.

The girl in the bush and a snake was heading towards her was most likely Shelley Sutherland in 2002 after the Mirgini Disaster.

2005 and 2006:

The girl in the bush and a snake was heading towards her was most likely Shelley Sutherland in 2002 after the Mirgini Disaster.

I think so, I just have such a vague memory of it.

2005 and 2006:

The same accident where Kane was on the boat and he along with Kirsty and Shelly stranded on a island? I actually remember that scene very well. I remember Kirtsy being angry at Kane because he raped Danny. I don´t remember if this was when they first fall in love or if that happened after, i remember Kane laying on the hospital with Alf and laughting, and when Alf asked what it was he said it was because he imagined Don sitting with Donald and fishing hahaha:)

Archived