Time for a new regular cop character?

Guest gutterboy

Bring back Jack Holden. He can´t be dead forever, what about witness protection?

Bring back one of the most inconsistent characters and flawed actors? I don't think so.

What ever happened to Georgie?

He was the best. Georgie retired because she became a mom. If they can´t bring back jack then they should get back Angelo

Now she didn´t. That was Lara Fitzgerald (Fitzy) back in late 2008 or early 2009 season, because the actress (Rebecca George) was pregnant. Georgina Watson took over her job.

I think Georgina Watson (Georgie) got into some trouble after investigating Stu´s death. Or at some other point in 2012 season. I do remember that she was blamed for doing a bad job, or doing some wrong when she really was doing a good job. She got either transferred to an another station or got sacked. I don´t quite remember.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring back Jack Holden. He can´t be dead forever, what about witness protection?

Bring back one of the most inconsistent characters and flawed actors? I don't think so.

What ever happened to Georgie? He was the best. Georgie retired because she became a mom. If they can´t bring back jack then they should get back Angelo

Now she didn´t. That was Lara Fitzgerald (Fitzy) back in late 2008 or early 2009 season, because the actress (Rebecca George) was pregnant. Georgina Watson took over her job.

I think Georgina Watson (Georgie) got into some trouble after investigating Stu´s death. Or at some other point in 2012 season. I do remember that she was blamed for doing a bad job, or doing some wrong when she really was doing a good job. She got either transferred to an another station or got sacked. I don´t quite remember.

Oh was that georgia? Though it was charlie or jack that took over lara? Wonder why she never came back after that

Georgie did disappear for several months after the Stu incident when it came out she'd been pressured by the DPP to charge Sasha with murder for political reasons and a lot of people wondered if something had happened to her but we've seen her since then, when Casey killed Danny.She just seems to have joined the long list of long term recurring characters who just stopped appearing.(What happened to Ken Harper, hey?)

What ever happened to Georgie? He was the best. Georgie retired because she became a mom. If they can´t bring back jack then they should get back Angelo

I was hoping they woudl eventually make her a regular character, but instead she has now vanished! :(

Vanishing Georgie aside, I think they've possibly got it right now.It's telling that a lot of the best remembered police officers in the past are the ones who weren't actually regulars whereas the likes of Peter, Jack, Charlie and Angelo were the ones who made questionable decisions because of personal involvement.Mike Emerson does seem like a throwback to police officers who can show compassion and know who people are without it interfering with the job.

The problem with cop characters is that the writers can never think of a story for them apart from "one of their friends commits a crime and so the cop gets torn between their job and their friendship". Which makes them look like either a lousy friend or a terrible cop and a hypocrite.

The other problem is that introducing a cop character means actually having to use the police station as a regular set.

The only cop I've ever liked (apart from the non-regulars like Georgie) is Joel Nash, and that's mainly because being a cop was only a part of his character as opposed to his whole reason for being on the show.

(What happened to Ken Harper, hey?)

Ken just disappeared off the face of the planet. According to IMDB his last appearance was in episode 5001 which was in early 2010.

In regards to Darren McGrath he was transferred to another police station from memory in late 2008.

Archived