Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

It's official :(

The date hasn't been confirmed, but Channel 5 are set to scrap Home and Away's 6pm airing later this autumn, with Neighbours moving into the old slot.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2021/09/24/channel-5-axes-home-and-aways-6pm-airing-as-neighbours-takes-its-place/

The afternoon showings and 5STAR 'first look' will continue as they are.

It's very annoying that the 6pm slot will be gone that it's had all these years but hopefully it beefs up the audience on 5star. I think that's their plan. 

Neighbours doesn't rate that better at teatime so it's not like they are replacing it with something that rates loads more. Just frustrating that home and away gets this treatment since neighbours arrived on the channel. Lol. 

I just hope they put a lot of support and promo into letting the audience know how to find their evening fix of home and away. Should I hold my breath???

I don’t think this will make any real difference. This was the third airing of the show, it was bound to rate lower. If anything, they should always have aired the premier at 6pm on the main channel.

I am guessing H&A is 5Star’s highest rated show and this is only going to increase that and give it a higher audience share too. 

5 minutes ago, ter06 said:

I don’t think this will make any real difference. This was the third airing of the show, it was bound to rate lower. If anything, they should always have aired the premier at 6pm on the main channel.

I am guessing H&A is 5Star’s highest rated show and this is only going to increase that and give it a higher audience share too. 

Providing people know it's still on over on 5star yes. I suspect this will all happen over the winter break so it will return in January at lunchtime and on 5 star only. I guess time will tell, as will the figures! 

It's disappointing.A part of me considers the 6pm showing the "proper" one, although it's extremely rare for me to watch it these days: My work hours mean I tend to watch the lunchtime showing.

I seem to remember ITV pulled their evening showing towards the end of Home and Away's time on the channel? (Not that I'm suggesting that's the reason here!)

It is such a shame that they have bumped Home and Away at 6pm instead of its bland counterpart Neighbours. It has been a main staple at 6pm but I kind of knew that would happen. They really do treat the show with a pinch of salt ( at the least ). I will now move to the RTE airings instead which are shown exactly as in Australia. Zero edits. They also treat the show and its loyal fans and have always kept it at 6.30pm from the very beginning. Also, Neighbours has always from the very beginning aired at 5.30 in the UK. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. 

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It's disappointing.A part of me considers the 6pm showing the "proper" one, although it's extremely rare for me to watch it these days: My work hours mean I tend to watch the lunchtime showing.

I seem to remember ITV pulled their evening showing towards the end of Home and Away's time on the channel? (Not that I'm suggesting that's the reason here!)

I think ITV did that because they were in a bad mood. Lol ?

Edited by Bri1231
Added info

I think they want more of us watching 5 star showing so we are exposed to all those blummin adverts. ?

They're been trying to do it a while now. With all the messages on screen telling us first look is over on 5 star and the direct to camera shots of the cast telling us to switch over if we "can't wait to see what happens next"

How do we lobby them for 5stsr in HD????? LOL

Edited by 630si
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, 630si said:

I think they want more of us watching 5 star showing so we are exposed to all those blummin adverts. ?

They're been trying to do it a while now. With all the messages on screen telling us first look is over on 5 star and the direct to camera shots of the cast telling us to switch over if we "can't wait to see what happens next"

How do we lobby them for 5stsr in HD????? LOL

Oh they will for sure have thought of that, with all those extra commercials. I wouldn't mind watching it on 5STAR but it is just for that exact reason, it's not in HD. 

3 minutes ago, Bri1231 said:

Oh they will for sure have thought of that, with all those extra commercials. I wouldn't mind watching it on 5STAR but it is just for that exact reason, it's not in HD. 

If they made it available on My5 right after at 7pm that would be fine as it's be in hd on there and I will just watch that. But you're not going to watch it in SD when you have an HD option elsewhere. That's my thoughts anyway haha