Jump to content
630si

Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Slade said:

Does anybody know why Friday's episode (Episode 7220) isn't available on My5?  I went abroad for a few days last week so was trying to play catchup over the weekend and it isn't there although today's episode is??????

It looks like a glitch to me, there's a link to it from the main Home and Away page on Channel 5's site but it leads to an error message. Might be worth contacting Channel 5 about it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It looks like a glitch to me, there's a link to it from the main Home and Away page on Channel 5's site but it leads to an error message. Might be worth contacting Channel 5 about it?

I opened a request on their website and within an hour the episode was available.  Don't know whether it was me or if somebody else raised the issue previously but all good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Slade said:

I opened a request on their website and within an hour the episode was available.  Don't know whether it was me or if somebody else raised the issue previously but all good.

Glad it worked out for you!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a voiceover message over the closing credits on 5* today from Ray Meagher:

“And that’s it until the New Year! So from all of us down under, have a great Christmas and we’ll see you in January!”

Edited by c120701
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, c120701 said:

There was a voiceover message over the closing credits on 5* today from Ray Meagher:

“And that’s it until the New Year! So from all of us down under, have a great Christmas and we’ll see you in January!”

Really? So 5* ended with the same episode as Channel 5 are doing rather than having another episode today? (Channel 5 dropped the Next Episode promo in favour of one for the My5 specials.)

 

49 minutes ago, 630si said:

Are the Christmas weekly specials available on Mondays? Starting next week?

 

 

That's the plan.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2019/11/18/home-and-away-to-air-a-series-of-christmas-specials/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Really? So 5* ended with the same episode as Channel 5 are doing rather than having another episode today? (Channel 5 dropped the Next Episode promo in favour of one for the My5 specials.)

 

That's the plan.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2019/11/18/home-and-away-to-air-a-series-of-christmas-specials/

Thank you!

Although just releasing them all so we can binge whenever would be preferable these days I think 

Edited by 630si

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Really? So 5* ended with the same episode as Channel 5 are doing rather than having another episode today? (Channel 5 dropped the Next Episode promo in favour of one for the My5 specials.)

Yes, 5* has tended to end on the same episode in recent years then return a day earlier than Channel 5 instead.

5* just got the next episode promo.

Edited by c120701

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmation of the Oz return date.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2019/12/24/when-does-home-and-away-return-in-2020/

This means we'll get the 2020 premiere six weeks after Australia does.

If Channel 7 do take a two week break for the Olympics next year, I'm hoping Channel 5 will carry straight on through (as they did in 2016) and we'll be a month or so behind.Recent experience suggests Channel 7 will make up the shortfall by having a lot of extra episodes at the end of the year, so it'll even out eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the production of Home and Away has been suspended, and there is a 2 week break in transmission in aus (the Olympics is likely postponed anyway so makes sense to keep them on track?) 

 

Do you think we are likely to get reduced episodes on Channel 5 in UK? As our soaps are filmed much closer to transmission, they will run out of episodes quicker. Home and Away could end up being the only soap on TV 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.