Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

1 hour ago, Slade said:

Does anybody know why Friday's episode (Episode 7220) isn't available on My5?  I went abroad for a few days last week so was trying to play catchup over the weekend and it isn't there although today's episode is??????

It looks like a glitch to me, there's a link to it from the main Home and Away page on Channel 5's site but it leads to an error message. Might be worth contacting Channel 5 about it?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It looks like a glitch to me, there's a link to it from the main Home and Away page on Channel 5's site but it leads to an error message. Might be worth contacting Channel 5 about it?

I opened a request on their website and within an hour the episode was available.  Don't know whether it was me or if somebody else raised the issue previously but all good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, c120701 said:

There was a voiceover message over the closing credits on 5* today from Ray Meagher:

“And that’s it until the New Year! So from all of us down under, have a great Christmas and we’ll see you in January!”

Really? So 5* ended with the same episode as Channel 5 are doing rather than having another episode today? (Channel 5 dropped the Next Episode promo in favour of one for the My5 specials.)

49 minutes ago, 630si said:

Are the Christmas weekly specials available on Mondays? Starting next week?

That's the plan.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2019/11/18/home-and-away-to-air-a-series-of-christmas-specials/

49 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Really? So 5* ended with the same episode as Channel 5 are doing rather than having another episode today? (Channel 5 dropped the Next Episode promo in favour of one for the My5 specials.)

That's the plan.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2019/11/18/home-and-away-to-air-a-series-of-christmas-specials/

Thank you!

Although just releasing them all so we can binge whenever would be preferable these days I think 

Edited by 630si

10 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yes, 5* has tended to end on the same episode in recent years then return a day earlier than Channel 5 instead.

5* just got the next episode promo.

Edited by c120701

• 1 month later...

Confirmation of the Oz return date.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2019/12/24/when-does-home-and-away-return-in-2020/

This means we'll get the 2020 premiere six weeks after Australia does.

If Channel 7 do take a two week break for the Olympics next year, I'm hoping Channel 5 will carry straight on through (as they did in 2016) and we'll be a month or so behind.Recent experience suggests Channel 7 will make up the shortfall by having a lot of extra episodes at the end of the year, so it'll even out eventually.

• 2 months later...

Given the production of Home and Away has been suspended, and there is a 2 week break in transmission in aus (the Olympics is likely postponed anyway so makes sense to keep them on track?) 

Do you think we are likely to get reduced episodes on Channel 5 in UK? As our soaps are filmed much closer to transmission, they will run out of episodes quicker. Home and Away could end up being the only soap on TV