Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

3 minutes ago, Bri1231 said:

It seems as if the gap is closing between Seven and Channel Five. Down to three weeks soon? How come? I have to watch online now as I live in Spain. Thankfully can still get my fav show. 

Oz have only been showing four eps a week for some time now, so with C5 airing five eps as intended they've been gradually catching up. Come the end of August, C5 will be exactly 3 weeks behind.

I imagine either Seven or C5 will do something to put things right again soon enough, whether it's Seven flooding Aussie viewers with a load of triple/quad eps or C5 deciding to pull back.

21 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Oz have only been showing four eps a week for some time now, so with C5 airing five eps as intended they've been gradually catching up. Come the end of August, C5 will be exactly 3 weeks behind.

I imagine either Seven or C5 will do something to put things right again soon enough, whether it's Seven flooding Aussie viewers with a load of triple/quad eps or C5 deciding to pull back.

Hopefully the first one. Actually, hopefully Seven going back to five episodes a week, so we hold steady at a three week gap, then they can do their usual thing of showing about 20 episodes over two weeks in December...

On 26/07/2018 at 19:38, Dan F said:

Is there no likelihood of the UK showing episodes on the same day as Australia, like they do with Neighbours?

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Looks like it's the same as last year then, breaking up with 45 episodes of the season to go.We'll finish with the episode Australia got on 29th October although they're rushing to squeeze in the rest of the season with 6 episodes a week again.

It’s a shame the schedule in Aus is all over the place. We’re behind in U.K. but quite lucky when you think about it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that Neighbours is moving up to 6pm.  I wonder if we will see Home & Away take the 5:30pm slot in the new year?  The figures these days are exceptionally low when you consider that in the early '90s it was one of ITV's biggest shows, drawing in a peak of 14m in 1994!  Nowadays, it's around half a million!  I wonder if it's a fragmented audience across the various showings, or a more millennial audience watching via On Demand that's caused that?

An exceptionally long break again mind you.  I wonder if there would be any merit in dropping down to 4 days a week and then taking the show off on bank holidays, which would build up enough slack for us to continue over Seven's break?  So we would be more-or-less synchronous at the start of the year but as Australia piled on the double and triple bills, we'd edge slowly behind until we had enough stock to cover late November to early January the following year?

Edited by James Martin

Given that I'd been saying for years that they should stop having the August and May breaks and just have a longer one at Christmas, I can't complain about this one, and I definitely wouldn't want them to go down the ITV route (or indeed Channel 7 route) of showing the wrong number of episodes per week: The UK is pretty much the showcase for showing the programme five episodes a week as intended rather than just showing whatever episodes they feel like this week! I think this method, where we're not too far behind Australia for most of the year, is definitely the best one.My only slight worry is that they don't seem in a hurry to announce when the show's coming back, despite the fact they'll have a decent stockpile of episodes.Maybe we'll find out on Friday?