Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

4 weeks is probably feasible but I imagine 7 Network want Channel 5 to keep their distance so they can keep their policy of showing episodes whenever they feel like it without affecting the UK broadcasts too much. (As an example, this week there are 7 episodes being broadcast in Australia.Next week, there's only 4.)That said, the New Zealand broadcasts are only about a week behind but they seem more willing to ape the Oz schedule rather than sticking to the 5 episodes a week 5 days a week pattern that Channel 5 (rightly in my opinion) use.

28 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

4 weeks is probably feasible but I imagine 7 Network want Channel 5 to keep their distance so they can keep their policy of showing episodes whenever they feel like it without affecting the UK broadcasts too much. (As an example, this week there are 7 episodes being broadcast in Australia.Next week, there's only 4.)That said, the New Zealand broadcasts are only about a week behind but they seem more willing to ape the Oz schedule rather than sticking to the 5 episodes a week 5 days a week pattern that Channel 5 (rightly in my opinion) use.

Very good point. At least on channel 5 you know when it’s on. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 7 screening schedule seems crazy!  Thank goodness for catch-up :lol:

Does it work like that because of all the times during the year the show gets taken off for something else? So, does the number of episodes screened in a 'year' equal what would be Mon-Fri over a 45 week period?

I try to watch the 13.15 screening on 5 but if I miss it I'm just as happy to see it on demand because my tv doesn't include any ads or breaks, which seems to differ for other people?

• 1 month later...

Easter Schedule changes.

Home and Away will air on Good Friday at the earlier time of 12:10pm and then again regularly at 6pm on Channel 5.

Easter Monday Home and Away airs earlier again at 12:10 pm and then again at the LATER time of 6:30pm. 

I cant work out what 5Star airings are doing as that seems to be on at 6pm on Easter Monday looking at the TV guide.

• 3 months later...

Home and Away is also now airing on Viacom’s new Paramount channel. Most significantly the Omnibus edition on a Saturday morning at 10:10am. Upto now the Sunday morning Omnibus on 5Select at 9am hasn’t been available to freeviews viewers. Both Omnibus editions remain meaning we get home and away 7 days a week now!! 

Edited by 630si