Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

I did notice we seemed to have crept up looking at social media. It will be interesting to see when our Christmas break will happen. Out of curiosity, when does neighbours normally break? As that's now same day broadcasted, I'd imagine they'll keep us in line with that. Although it's probably wishful thinking, as you say they've kept one on without the other before.

any news on a spin off??

Edited by 630si

Yeah, Anglia had it at 6pm for most of its life there which is another reason I'm so familiar with it.I'm not sure if any explanation's been given for the odd Australian scheduling: At one point they seemed to be showing 6 episodes a week as standard (which I think was for sports reasons) and were pulling further and further ahead of us, then they suddenly dropped to 4 a week and they've stayed that way for quite a while.If Channel 5 carry on until 8th December, that'll take us up to Episode 7675, which if Australia keeps on 4 episodes a week would air over there on 22nd November (unless I've miscounted).I'm informed that'll leave us with another 35 episodes of the planned 2017 season, which is in line with how far we've been behind at the break in recent years.How Australia's going to fit 35 episodes into a month or so is up to them but if they don't pick up the pace before then they're going to be looking at about 9 episodes a week...

Gosh I had no idea they were showing less eps a week. I assumed they did a double on a Thursday. I do recall a few months back seeing someone on twitter say that 4 eps back to back on one night was aired and it didn't work as they're not made to be watched in this way. All seems very erratic. Luckily it's nice and simple over here on a channel 5. 6pm thanks :) 

what you say Red about us going to 8th December sounds the most likely scenario if it puts us the same number of eps behind as usual.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, James Martin said:

Just a sidenote but looking at the BARB figures, Neighbours is doing better at lunchtime than it is at teatime!  How come I wonder?

Doctors has been on summer break hasn't it? Not sure about teatime, but maybe those who watch Doctors watch Neighbours at teatime normally.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So...with the announcement in the episode discussion thread that we'll be taking a break on 24th November, two weeks earlier than speculated, with episode 6765 (due to air in Australia in a week's time), that will leave us with 45 episodes of the planned 2017 season remaining.If we're back on 8th January, then I imagine the show will return in Australia a month or so later, probably putting us 4-6 weeks behind at the start of the 2018 season which isn't bad for recent years.Either way, looks like it'll be mid-March before we get the 2017 finale...