Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

I think the bottom line is that Home and Away will still be shown on Channel 5 whatever happens to Neighbours.It might affect the audience if it loses its stablemate, it might actually mean more publicity although that does seem to have evened out a bit.I am trying to remember at this point when they started showing the same episode at lunchtime rather than it being a repeat of the previous day's episode: I think that was actually around 2005 when previous stablemate Family Affairs was being phased out.Channel 5 buying Neighbours did see an end to their three HA episodes in a row on various channels in the evening policy, but I doubt we'll see the return of that, with the multiple repeats having largely been superseded by My5.

54 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I think the bottom line is that Home and Away will still be shown on Channel 5 whatever happens to Neighbours.It might affect the audience if it loses its stablemate, it might actually mean more publicity although that does seem to have evened out a bit.I am trying to remember at this point when they started showing the same episode at lunchtime rather than it being a repeat of the previous day's episode: I think that was actually around 2005 when previous stablemate Family Affairs was being phased out.Channel 5 buying Neighbours did see an end to their three HA episodes in a row on various channels in the evening policy, but I doubt we'll see the return of that, with the multiple repeats having largely been superseded by My5.

The lunchtime showing became the same ep as the evening one when Neighbours made the move, I remember in 2007 using lunchtime to catch up for the evening ep. 

• Like 1

I think I preferred it being a repeat the next day at lunchtime. Made the 6pm showing the main big deal. 

I dont see anything with Neighbours affecting Home and Away's schedule, it was always where it is on Channek 5 before they bought Neighbours. In fact, I believe the whole thing will get resolved, Home and Away is probably more profitable for the channel because it's cheaper for them to buy. They overpaid massively for Neighbours and I don't blame them for wanting to renegotiate. Everything will stay as is and it certainly won't affect us lot watching Hone and Away 

8 hours ago, 630si said:

I think I preferred it being a repeat the next day at lunchtime. Made the 6pm showing the main big deal. 

Confusing though I guess as across their channels they'd have 3 different episodes airing on any given day.

I'm surprised First Look has continued actually.

Edited by c120701

On 20 de marzo de 2017 at 6:13 PM, c120701 said:

Confusing though I guess as across their channels they'd have 3 different episodes airing on any given day.

I'm surprised First Look has continued actually.

Yes I can see that would be confusing. 

The first look is a ratings winner for 5star so I suspect it's stayed to get the all important advertisers coming

EDIT

check out the ratings Top 10 for 5* last week. Normally Home and Away is up there 1-5 but with the specials too home and away is 7/10 of the top rated shows on 5*. 

5Star ratings

Edited by 630si

• 4 weeks later...

Changes to air times on Channel 5 this Easter bank holiday. The following post has just been put up on Facebook. 

Home and Awayers, listen up. As it's Easter this weekend (woop!) episodes will be shown at slightly different times.

The Good Friday episodes will be shown at 12.00pm and 5.35pm.

The Easter Monday episodes will be shown at 12.55pm and 6.30pm.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...