Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

To be honest I think I watched maybe one or two episodes since it came back after the summer break here in the UK. The storylines and lack of great characters such as Morag have made me switch off.

If we are going to take an even longer break in the UK than Australia and a similar length at Christmas we may as well be head to head with Australia which I have said all along :)

Not happy at all about all this, the Christmas holidays is usually where we close the gap because channel 5 only takes a two week break!! I don't understand why it has to be a four week break :blink: never has been in the past so why should this year be any different because the Summer gap was the same as every year?

Neighbours finishes a week after on the 20th and starts back a week earlier on the 6th. Why can't Channel 5 break both together and then start both at the same time in 2014?

:wink:

It's silly! Just doesn't seem right, especially looking at those neighbours dates. Unless like I said earlier they're doing it for a reason like cast members coming over in time to promote a particular story? Or something similar,

Has anyone emailed and asked why?

I suppose it's to minimise the chance of their viewers getting copies of the episodes from other countries although in this day and age it doesn't make much difference.

I really don´t think they will care about that in my country, they will probably keep on showing two episodes each day til they are right behind Australia Well they will follow the follow the rules or do what says in their contact with channel 7.

I suppose it's to minimise the chance of their viewers getting copies of the episodes from other countries although in this day and age it doesn't make much difference.

I really don´t think they will care about that in my country, they will probably keep on showing two episodes each day til they are right behind Australia Well they will follow the follow the rules or do what says in their contact with channel 7.

I don´t think Norway has any contract with them, i have never heard or read anything about that

I don´t think Norway has any contract with them, i have never heard or read anything about that

There's must be something in place in order to allow them to show it. Do 7 distribute the show overseas? I know that used to be southern star didn't it? Although that's a guess. Maybe the contract is with the distributor, in which case, if 5 have the premier rights they will not be able to overtake I'd assume.

I really don´t think they will care about that in my country, they will probably keep on showing two episodes each day til they are right behind Australia Well they will follow the follow the rules or do what says in their contact with channel 7. I don´t think Norway has any contract with them, i have never heard or read anything about that

There's must be something in place in order to allow them to show it. Do 7 distribute the show overseas? I know that used to be southern star didn't it? Although that's a guess. Maybe the contract is with the distributor, in which case, if 5 have the premier rights they will not be able to overtake I'd assume.

That must mean that tv over the world has contract with cbs, fox etc when they wanna show shows like walking dead, friends, gilmore girls etc. Ive read somehwere that in order to show a season of a show they need to buy license to do so and then when they wanna show it again they must repeat