Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

Seeing as the last episode of the season shown in Australia is usually the final Friday in November (29th), it means we'll only catch up by 2 weeks. Alternatively the 2014 season could start on Network 7 later than January 13th, but I doubt it.

We're currently 9 weeks behind in the UK (not a joke), so this will only bring us to 6-7 weeks behind Australia in January.

You...cannot...be serious.They're taking it off for a month?That is just ridiculous.Just completely and totally ridiculous.And I can't even be bothered to get annoyed about it because I just knew Channel 5 were going to shaft us like they always do.So we're going to be seven weeks behind next year and then they'll no doubt take it off for a month or more in the summer so we'll be over three months behind...They didn't need a break and they certainly didn't need one that long.Utter lunacy.

You...cannot...be serious.

True I'm afraid, I've been inputting 2014 UK airdates on current eps for the past month on the site, the season finale will air in the UK on 28th February.

And yes John, it goes off for the month of August (during the school holidays when it apparently rates lower) and then for a few weeks over christmas. Then they wonder why people go searching for alternative sources for episodes.

• Like 3

So Red Ranger does that mean that UK viewers have two breaks each year? One in our Christmas ( Summer ) period and one in your Summer ( July etc. )

If so that does seem absurd as we only have about a 4 week break over Christmas.

Yes, for the last few years we've been having a five week break around August and then a slightly shorter break over Christmas.As a result, even though we were only a week behind Australian transmission at the start of the 2010 season, we've been slipping further and further behind:We're now nine weeks behind and it's likely to get even worse.If there was ever a reason to start watching online...And when you call them out on it, they have the audacity to claim they'd catch up with the Australian episodes if they didn't do it and they need a long break in the summer because Australia has a break at Christmas.We have that as well!

Red is right were slipping further behind again. Are they doing it for any particular reason? Like perhaps it is to time when cast members can be over here to promote certain storylines etc?

Whatever the reason it best be a good one and as I said before, shorten the summer break!!