Matt Page - Alec Snow

bijou

Leah said Matt is 17. Although they haven't been specific about other characters ages Sasha had her 16th birthday on screen ages ago, so I think she should be 17 by now too.

In episode 5368, Sasha was said to be 15 years of age which aired on August 24 2011 in Australian screens so it's fair to say that she's either somewhere between 17 to 18 years of age.

She did have a birthday on screen in episode 5497 which was aired on April 17 2012 in Australia which would have made her 16 had she been 15 in 2011 when it was said that she was that age in episode 5368. Therefore she should be turning 18 next week.

Edited by Jezz
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was on Wikipedia the other night on there it says Matts a recurring character that might explain why we don't see him some weeks I hope he gets more episodes soon Spencer too I'd like to see them in more episodes.

Well Alec Snow who plays Matt did sign a three year contract in November last year so if that's anything to go by, Matt will be on our screens for a while yet.

I do kind of find Matt quite a boring character to be honest. They have done the bad boy turns good with Aden before, I just feel meh and not really that bothered with Matt. Might change who knows. His not in the show much either which doesn't help.

Edited by pembie

I really like Matt and wish he'd been on screen more. He and Sasha are great together. Matt is like a breath of fresh air in my opinion. I was getting tired of all the male characters being so goody two shoes. Matt is an interesting character to watch.

• Like 1

I think they need to be careful with Matt not to tie him too much to Sasha.

Don't get me wrong, I love them as a couple and it's the first time Sasha's had a boyfriend that didn't completely ruin her character. However, at the moment, we only ever see them together. I know the main character get so many episodes a week or however it works but when they're always together they're always in the same episodes so there's very little room to expand Matt as a character by having him interact with others.

His moving in with Leah is a good start because we get the odd scene here and there where he's slightly more vulnerable than when he's with Sasha. As enjoyable as they are as a couple they need to give Matt the odd scene where he's doing something else. Not to be a Negative Nelly but I think it's safe to assume that Demi will be leaving the show in the next year or so, or at least her original contact will be up, so more than likely we're going to end up with Matt still being in the Bay without her and we don't need it to be another Tamara or Natalie where they have no life outside of their relationship.

• Like 1

I do kind of find Matt quite a boring character to be honest. They have done the bad boy turns good with Aden before, I just feel meh and not really that bothered with Matt. Might change who knows. His not in the show much either which doesn't help.

Seriously isn't it more repetitive with boys and men who is bad and we are suppose to think they are good? Characters who never change? We have certainly got more of those in the past few years. Characters who are doing bad stuff and never get any character development.

I think these bad boys going good are quite good storylines. Because their backstories can be done differently every time. But they do have to dig into the backstory and use time on it and also dig into character development to make it work. And they are not doing these kind of background storylines and character development these days. Just look at the twins, their backstoryline was just an another over-the-top storyline, instead of writing more about the twins who had lost their mother, and their father had kind of lost his mind... And that is the reason why people have difficulties with connecting with these characters.

From what I've seen is Mark an another character who is just a bit bad sometimes, but we haven't seen him enough with his family. His sister seem to be sent away very quickly. And the guy who plays him is not believable as a teenager. The show is in a mess now, when it comes to generations.. The adult characters are played by actors who are too young, or are acting like teenagers and the teens are played by adults who looks just as old as the adult characters (in the 20's and 30´'s) and they are acting the same. A bad boy character or a troubled teenage character will never work when it doesn't have good adult characters around to support their development.

Edited by jodlebirger

I take your point But I just don't find Matt that interesting His back story with his sister being sent away was done purely to get him and Sasha together Where abouts with Aden had the strong backstory with his Grandad So he had a massive reason for lashing out. And it was a pretty fast paced story With Matt it just seems to going at a very slow pace The school captain stuff just isn't that interesting. There needs to be more of the backstory to Matt.

I take your point But I just don't find Matt that interesting His back story with his sister being sent away was done purely to get him and Sasha together Where abouts with Aden had the strong backstory with his Grandad So he had a massive reason for lashing out. And it was a pretty fast paced story With Matt it just seems to going at a very slow pace The school captain stuff just isn't that interesting. There needs to be more of the backstory to Matt.

Yes, but that is my point. If his storyline about Mark was more about him, and his background (his sister, family, parents) was used more effectively to make his character more "defined", then he would have been more interesting.

The same with Tamara, the twins and more. This is is the problem with H&A today. The backstories are just mentioned or used quickly to get the characters together as a couple and then only focus on triangles or less interesting stuff. Earlier on, the characters backstories were developed together with the couples and as a parallel sometimes. That made the characters more interesting.. Just like Adens backstory, Kane's, Kirsty's, Josh West's and so on.

Edited by jodlebirger
  • Like 3