Matt Page - Alec Snow

bijou

I must be the only one here. That doesn't really like him so far. I kind of find him annoying :lol:

I liked him up until how he was behaving after he kissed Sasha. Up to that point I saw him as just being a bit of a messer, didn't take things seriously, always looking to have a laugh but never really doing any harm. Blurting out to Spencer that he kissed Sasha was just mean and then his goading of them both during his speech was just a bit too much for me. I know he apologised to Sasha but Spencer was the one he should have been apologising to. I said it in the episode discussion for this week that I wished Sasha had called him out on his behaviour instead of just going to goo when he said she was cool. Even if she likes him that kind of behavior is juvenile and not something I would have thought Sasha would put up with.

• Like 2

I think Matt is a complex character in the sense that he can act like a very unlikeable person at the best of times but there's another side to him that I can see especially when he's just with Sasha or when he was with Evie at the start of the year when Oscar was on his angry pills at the time :P

I have a feeling that Matt's inconsistent attitude may have something to do with his family life which I would love to see explored further in the near future. It's been hinted at but nothing has come of it yet. I want to know what he's background is like, whether he has siblings, is his father abusive etc. This may help us viewers gain a greater understanding of the character in general and why he acts the way he does from time to time.

I like the fact that the writers have eased their way into the character of Matt rather than making him the forefront of the show straight away. I have a feeling he's going to be a favourite of viewers come the end of the year.

• Like 4

^ I don't so much mind how he behaves and I'm sure there's an explanation on the way. It's more how Sasha hasn't really called him on it. She had a few opportunities to tell him that the kiss was irrelevant because he was a complete jerk to her and Spencer and she wasn't interested in knowing someone who behaves that way. I suppose that's more of an issue with her though and not with Matt :)

I think the fact that Sasha hasn't questioned his behaviour is the fact that she may actually have some underlying feelings for Matt! Nevertheless the way Matt treated Spencer recently was quite poor and he should have apologised to him on top of Sasha as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love the fact that we found out more about his family life which I've been craving for, for a long time I must admit.

I like the way he was around his little sister and the way he was different at home as opposed to being the 'bad boy' at school! I like the friendship that he's developing with Sasha as well.

I like how under the "jokester" is actually a really responsible and caring young man who has to carry more weight on his shoulders than at his age he should. I like his friendship with Sasha, he is gaining a very good person to his side, and I have no doing Matt will return the loyalty if need be.

I thought it was great to see such a different side to him and to get some insight into his family life. I think the way that we're only getting little pieces of info on him here and there is making me more interested to know rather than having him pushed at us all the time. I look forward to seeing more of him.