Matt Page - Alec Snow

bijou

On 13/08/2018 at 05:16, j.laur5 said:

Matt left Summer Bay completely unnoticed!

The episode after Matt left it was like he never existed. He was supposed to be close friends with Mason and Mason was in the episode after Matt left but Mason didn’t even mention Matt leaving. Hunter, who at the time was believed to be Evie's cousin, did not go to their [Matt & Evie's] wedding and did not say goodbye to Evie.

I know a few people went to Matt and Evie's wedding but it didn’t really seem like much of a farewell despite everyone knowing they were leaving. 

I wouldn't call completely unnoticed, he and Evie did have some farewell scenes with some of the key characters such as Alf, Leah, Zac and some others, but I will agree with you that there should have been more farewells from others such as Mason and Hunter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Matt was not only my all time favourite character but he also had the best character journey developing from bad boy bully with a chip on his shoulder to becoming the nicest and most responsible young guy in town. He changed over time gradually and I think that made his development so endearing to watch as his character was never boring to watch . 

I know I have said in the past he was in the background a lot towards the end of his time however I have grown to realise that was part of his character development to become a more natural character living a more realistic life in Summer Bay then some of their other characters  in town and  having more realistic storyline’s like taking care of his sister Eloise  and slowing getting together with his best friend Evie and I think that’s how we  totally meant to feel about his character journey and development. 

But I do think he definitely left at right time and definitely left at his natural end.

So I am  greatly  appreciated and forever thankful they gave my all time favourite character happy ending . 

Edited by j.laur5