Star couple Dan Ewing and wife Marni fly into a problem

Guest Mishyy

I stepped away from this discussion because of the warning DanF posted in the other thread (Inside Soap Awards)but after last nights posts I need to add another one.

Marni stated in the open letter she posted on Instagram that they had contacted the newspaper:

We told your department what we had suffered yesterday.

Someone on twitter then commented the following regarding the Instagram response and below is Marni's reply:

1. Just discussing w/ gf's the piece @moviemazz wrote on M.Ewing. What ever happened to emailing editors letters.Istagram? Geez #publicity

2. @Catherine_CDPM @moviemazz Unfortunately, not everyone has a newspaper at their disposal xx

Now which one is it? Did they have contact with the newspaper or not? And why haven't they pursued legal measures if this was so disheartening and unfounded? Dan is continuing to tweet about how they perceive this as bullying and how he wants an apology. Again, why are they using the court of public opinion and not a law court to pursue this.

A miscarriage is an emotional rollercoaster. It devastates and corrupts. There is between a 10% to 20% chance of losing the baby within the first trimester. That is up to 12 weeks. Hence 10 weeks is not a delayed miscarriage.

Because we were 10 weeks pregnant with our first child and we feared being apart in case something happened.

Something like a delayed miscarriage.

The most obvious question is why. Why would you want want the world to know about your loss? It's none of their business and surely it's personal? Now that they've revealed it their grief is open to public scrutiny. People are going to be watching to see how they deal with it and what they are doing next. Because they announced it in such a public manner they won't be able to retreat to privacy to deal with it.

So what do they get out of it? People feeling sorry for them, endless condolences and of course, publicity. Logically you have to admit that whether that was their motive or not, they have got 'publicity' out of their loss. Many of you have jumped on the bandwagon that states we have to feel sorry for them over their loss, without thinking about why we know about it in the first place.

The original article is what should be up for discussion. The journalist stated that she had several sources for the article and not just information from Marni's twitter feed, therefore is there a conspiracy out to get Marni/the couple? Without Marni and Dan's responses it is more than quite possible that the article would have gone away without the fuss that surrounds it but now it just keeps escalating. Anybody who comments on twitter is harangued by the couple's fans and the same goes for people commenting in this thread.

Are you are going to brand me heartless too?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's obvious at this point that their reaction has made this a much bigger issue than it needed to be.

If you want to be cynical you can say it was a calculated move on their part to gain publicity and sympathy in the face of an ugly article.

If you want to be nicer about it you could say their emotional state at the time of this incident may have led them to react in a completely different way than they would have otherwise and it's now gotten out of hand, maybe they even regret it.

Who knows.

I'm a bit confused by this delayed miscarriage. Isn't a delayed miscarriage where you don't actually know you are miscarrying as there is no signs and only find out when you have been for a scan?

It could be that it was said in the heat of the moment and maybe they will regret it or maybe they will actually find some comfort from others. She did also post about receiving stories from everyone about their own experiences and that it has given her some light/hope as these people have gone on to have babies.

I get the feeling that maybe it is also some anger towards certain "friends" possibly who are these "sources" but that is just my opinion after looking closely at their twitter feed

Twitter is huge and it gets the message out there fast. I suppose they could have gone to the paper with the letter in private but who's to say they would publish their side. So I can kinda see why they would post their side through their own "media"

Of course there probably is a little bit of getting public on their side aswell which is often done by celebs these days

I'm a bit confused by this delayed miscarriage. Isn't a delayed miscarriage where you don't actually know you are miscarrying as there is no signs and only find out when you have been for a scan?

Yes. A "delayed miscarriage" also know as a "missed miscarriage" or "silent miscarriage" is when you miscarry but have no symptoms that usually accompany a miscarriage, such as bleeding or cramps. Your body still thinks you're pregnant and everything carries on as normal except the foetus isn't actually developing. You don't know your baby is dead until you go for a scan.

Yes. A "delayed miscarriage" also know as a "missed miscarriage" or "silent miscarriage" is when you miscarry but have no symptoms that usually accompany a miscarriage, such as bleeding or cramps. Your body still thinks you're pregnant and everything carries on as normal except the foetus isn't actually developing. You don't know your baby is dead until you go for a scan.

Ah I thought so. Thanks.

That's so sad :(

And just to point out to TelephotoMarigold, it has nothing to do with the point in the pregnancy that it occurs.

So....

A miscarriage is an emotional rollercoaster. It devastates and corrupts. There is between a 10% to 20% chance of losing the baby within the first trimester. That is up to 12 weeks. Hence 10 weeks is not a delayed miscarriage.
..... is wrong.

And just to point out to TelephotoMarigold, it has nothing to do with the point in the pregnancy that it occurs.

So....

..... is wrong.

Actually I was going on the terms that I've heard during my miscarriages. For example:

Some women find out that their baby has died only when they have a routine scan. If they have had no pain or bleeding, this can come as a terrible shock, especially if the scan shows that the baby died days or weeks before. This is called a missed miscarriage, or sometimes a silent miscarriage.

So....

..... is wrong.

Actually I was going on the terms that I've heard during my miscarriages. For example:

Some women find out that their baby has died only when they have a routine scan. If they have had no pain or bleeding, this can come as a terrible shock, especially if the scan shows that the baby died days or weeks before. This is called a missed miscarriage, or sometimes a silent miscarriage.

That's what I said though.

I stepped away from this discussion because of the warning DanF posted in the other thread (Inside Soap Awards)but after last nights posts I need to add another one.

Marni stated in the open letter she posted on Instagram that they had contacted the newspaper:

We told your department what we had suffered yesterday.

Someone on twitter then commented the following regarding the Instagram response and below is Marni's reply:

1. Just discussing w/ gf's the piece @moviemazz wrote on M.Ewing. What ever happened to emailing editors letters.Istagram? Geez #publicity

2. @Catherine_CDPM @moviemazz Unfortunately, not everyone has a newspaper at their disposal xx

Now which one is it? Did they have contact with the newspaper or not? And why haven't they pursued legal measures if this was so disheartening and unfounded? Dan is continuing to tweet about how they perceive this as bullying and how he wants an apology. Again, why are they using the court of public opinion and not a law court to pursue this.

Because we were 10 weeks pregnant with our first child and we feared being apart in case something happened.

Something like a delayed miscarriage.

The most obvious question is why. Why would you want want the world to know about your loss? It's none of their business and surely it's personal? Now that they've revealed it their grief is open to public scrutiny. People are going to be watching to see how they deal with it and what they are doing next. Because they announced it in such a public manner they won't be able to retreat to privacy to deal with it.

So what do they get out of it? People feeling sorry for them, endless condolences and of course, publicity. Logically you have to admit that whether that was their motive or not, they have got 'publicity' out of their loss. Many of you have jumped on the bandwagon that states we have to feel sorry for them over their loss, without thinking about why we know about it in the first place.

The original article is what should be up for discussion. The journalist stated that she had several sources for the article and not just information from Marni's twitter feed, therefore is there a conspiracy out to get Marni/the couple? Without Marni and Dan's responses it is more than quite possible that the article would have gone away without the fuss that surrounds it but now it just keeps escalating. Anybody who comments on twitter is harangued by the couple's fans and the same goes for people commenting in this thread.

Are you are going to brand me heartless too?

Yes,"Verity has 3 posts on this forum, 2 of which are having a go at Dan Ewing. So I wouldn't get too worked up about his/her opinion"

Being a fairly new poster, I didn't realise that my opinion didn't really count for much due to that reason.

Anyway, nice to see another poster who is able to distinguish that 2 separate issues were at play here. First, the original post, in which a journalist seemed to be calling Marni Ewing out regarding her on-going search for freebies and it was implied (to me, at least) that other cast members were tiring of her "Princess" attitude.

I agree that if this article had been left alone, it would have been dismissed within 24 hours.

By replying with an intensely personal and private matter (to most) an instagram, informing the public that Marnie had unfortunately suffered a "delayed" miscarriage.

Seems the above poster and myself are the only ones who can see that there are two different issues happening here and by even mentioning her miscarriage, it appeared (imo) that a diversional tactic was being used here against the journalist's article. Smokescreen, if you like.

As previously mentioned, I have been through a miscarriage myself and to shout it to one and all, doesn't ring true to me (imo)-rather a very sad, personal, intimate time to grieve for what could have been.

Easy to see who wears the pants in this family. On Twitter you could easily be confused and think that Marni was the Soap Star. She's always talking about other cast, their social life and especially when in LA, name dropping you wouldn't believe. To have a miscarriage is totally devastating and I know. However, our miscarriage was chosen by ourselves to keep private along with most others until the magic 12 week mark, when chances of this happening are significantly reduced.

So a journo decided to write a piece about Marni and her desire for all the freebies she could lay her hands on. Fair enough, I suppose, especially when she takes it upon herself to try and squirm her and the cast into upgraded seating on the London flight.

So her and Dan were aware this article had been written and asked for it to be stopped due to Marni's miscarriage. I do believe the newspaper when they said the paper had already gone to print.

But that's not the thing that gets my gall-it's the bringing out to all and sundry public her miscarriage as an excuse that the writer should not let the article go to print for this reason. That and trying to overtake her own husband in the publicity stakes. Trying to be more popular than Dan, and asking for freebies just gives him a bad name. Perhaps she should get a job, she says she is a model doesn't she ?

How would you or anyone here know about Dan and his wife's personal relationship and the way their relationship is structured. Who cares who "wears the pants in the relationship". They seem to be happy with their marriage, what is it to anyone else.

And a nasty piece was written about her, in a public article, she and Dan had the right to respond and bring out the nasty nature of the article.

Also, what freebies she gets or doesn't get shouldn't be the concern for anyone but her and the companies giving the freebies. Also, if she is giddy about meeting celebs in LA or anywhere else and tweets about meeting them, it seems quite normal thing to do, EVERYONE tweets about meeting famous people all the time. She has the opportunity to meet them, and is fangirling over it, what is wrong with that?

As well as the flight to UK, which her husband paid for her, it is no one elses business than theirs, as well as her employment situation, none of yours or our business. Again, she and her husband seem to be happy, why does it matter to you if she works or not?

Archived