Star couple Dan Ewing and wife Marni fly into a problem

Guest Mishyy

I already posted about this in another thread, but the Daily Telegraph should be ashamed of themselves.

That poor journalism at its finest. I can't imagine what Dan and his partner are going through. Who cares whether it was 10 weeks or 20 weeks, losing a child to a miscarriage is a tragedy.

I don't blame Dan for demanding an apology from the paper.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need to be any kind of celebrity these days to get free stuff. All you need is a decent presence on social media and you'll get free stuff. Does she have all those followers because she's Dan's wife? Maybe, but that's not her fault. She's been on all of his promo trips to Ireland with him, so far, and I've seen nothing but lovely things said about her, so yeah.... this article reeks of personal vendetta.

I brought this over from the other thread, sorry if my quoting skills are lacking. :)

And you've entirely missed my point. Marni herself labelled it a late miscarriage which at ten weeks it isn't.

The article would have gone away without her writing that letter in response. It's obvious from her twitter that she gets an amount of free stuff because of who she is and who she is married too but so what, that's just the same as nearly every other 'celebrity' out there. If it weren't the truth then she could have involved lawyers and sued the newspaper not dragged out the story of her miscarriage to be tabloid fodder.

If she and Dan wanted privacy to deal with this then why have they made it into public consumption? It's rated two threads on here discussing it, a full news article and yesterday I saw it reported on the Digital Spy Website, which was before I even heard about the original article in the Telegraph.

Clearly Marni and Dan are bothered that there are or is some negative articles about her, and they wanted to show the journalist to be in the wrong, and petty/vengeful. Because that is what the article was. It is within their rights to ask for an apology, and to show the public through their social media accounts how wrong the journalist was. I don't shee why they should have let it go, no one should let go someone trying to slander their name.

As it has been said in this thread, you don't have to be a celeb to receive freebies and PR gifts from companies. Marni thanks for them on her Twitter which is part of the deal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It is all part of marketing and promotion strategy these days.

Also, if she wants to mention her miscarriage on Twitter, it is her right. If she even uses it to gain sympathy, well, I have lot of sympathy for her. Miscarriage at any stage is heartbreaking, and no one deserves bitter journalists spreading lies about them the day they suffer a miscarriage, or any other day.

I say good for Dan and Marni causing the journalist to receive backlash for this hateful piece they wrote, too often the journalists and gossip bloggers receive none and can write whatever they want about people just because they work in the public eye or are married to a celebrity. For once it might have backfired on the journalist, and that is only good.

I'm sure the fact that they were overly emotional when the article came out made them respond in a way they might not have in different circumstances. Maybe they'll regret it themselves in a few weeks time when they've had a chance to be at home and get over the initial shock a little bit. I saw Dan respond to someone on twitter that asked if they were just looking for more publicity by responding in such a public way. He said the article was in a public forum, why couldn't they respond to it in a public forum? Seems a fair point to me.

Personally I've no great time for these public spats and people getting their followers to tweet abuse at other people and what have you but unfortunately that's the age we live in. If you're going to write trashy articles for a gossip section you have to expect that people are going to take offense. Even leaving aside the fact that the timing was terrible for this one it's a pretty horrible and unnecessary article and not a lot of it seems to be true anyway.

Gossip columns appear in all print media, TV, Radio etc. Always have done and probably always will. Its just goes with the territory.

Everything they write is not necessarily complimentary. The vast majority of celebs just ignore it all.

The article is fairly tame compared to many I read. What does it actually say? Marni gets freebies and someone who knows her thinks

she’s a bit of a princess. Seriously, so what! This description could fit anyone just about.

Of course she has the right to announce her miscarriage anyway she likes. Amid all the tests, injections, surgeries and obvious discomfort

combined with the grief and deep sense of loss, I am surprised she had the inclination to reveal it through a letter to a gossip columnist

via instagram. Only time will tell the wisdom of this novel approach.

Easy to see who wears the pants in this family. On Twitter you could easily be confused and think that Marni was the Soap Star. She's always talking about other cast, their social life and especially when in LA, name dropping you wouldn't believe. To have a miscarriage is totally devastating and I know. However, our miscarriage was chosen by ourselves to keep private along with most others until the magic 12 week mark, when chances of this happening are significantly reduced.

So a journo decided to write a piece about Marni and her desire for all the freebies she could lay her hands on. Fair enough, I suppose, especially when she takes it upon herself to try and squirm her and the cast into upgraded seating on the London flight.

So her and Dan were aware this article had been written and asked for it to be stopped due to Marni's miscarriage. I do believe the newspaper when they said the paper had already gone to print.

But that's not the thing that gets my gall-it's the bringing out to all and sundry public her miscarriage as an excuse that the writer should not let the article go to print for this reason. That and trying to overtake her own husband in the publicity stakes. Trying to be more popular than Dan, and asking for freebies just gives him a bad name. Perhaps she should get a job, she says she is a model doesn't she ?

Easy to see who wears the pants in this family. On Twitter you could easily be confused and think that Marni was the Soap Star. She's always talking about other cast, their social life and especially when in LA, name dropping you wouldn't believe. To have a miscarriage is totally devastating and I know. However, our miscarriage was chosen by ourselves to keep private along with most others until the magic 12 week mark, when chances of this happening are significantly reduced.

So a journo decided to write a piece about Marni and her desire for all the freebies she could lay her hands on. Fair enough, I suppose, especially when she takes it upon herself to try and squirm her and the cast into upgraded seating on the London flight.

So her and Dan were aware this article had been written and asked for it to be stopped due to Marni's miscarriage. I do believe the newspaper when they said the paper had already gone to print.

But that's not the thing that gets my gall-it's the bringing out to all and sundry public her miscarriage as an excuse that the writer should not let the article go to print for this reason. That and trying to overtake her own husband in the publicity stakes. Trying to be more popular than Dan, and asking for freebies just gives him a bad name. Perhaps she should get a job, she says she is a model doesn't she ?

You sir/madam are probably the most insensitive person I've ever met on here for god sake! so what if she's Dan Ewing's wife or whatever is she not allowed to stand up for herself? how would you like it if you were grieving a loss and some journo wrote a nasty article about you?

Archived