The Galah

Guest pembie

Thank you Red,Sarah and JoiseTash for reading and commenting on this story. Glad you guys enjoyed it :)

I will finsh off The Return of a Monster and start The Other Side of Me after Christmas.

But for now I hope you enjoy this final chapter I'm not to sure about this ending :unsure:

Chapter 11

The huge army of Galahs marched forwards as they advanced upon the diner. The sight of the huge black furred beasts startled many of the hungry diners, who were enjoying their morning breakfasts outside as they watched the sunrise. Quite a bit of the food they were eating slipped from off their forks and onto the soft gassy ground at their feet. The Galahs eagerly gobbled up their fallen food. Their big wide greasy lips smacked themselves over the delicious tasting treats of fried runny eggs, crispy rashes of bacon and big juicy sausages.

Kyle and Liam pulled up at the side of the diner in Brax’s Ute. Quickly followed by Alf and the others who had all seemed to been able to pile into Alf’s Ute which smelled of fish.

“Please tell me I’m no longer in that seaside town of nightmares?” Peter Lovejoy asked as he poked his head up out of the back of Brax’s Ute, making both Liam and Kyle jump at the sight of him.

“Oh hell I am” Peter sighed.

“What the hell dude? You gave us a right fright.” Liam said as he opened the door to get out, but quickly changed his mind when he saw Alf’s warning head shake to let him know that he should just stay put inside the vehicle.

“What are we doing Mr Stewart? We need to go warn them in the diner that these…..”

“Flaming Galahs Sal are on the way?” Alf finished off for her.

“Yes” Sally confirmed for him.

“So flaming be it” Alf said quickly, and to everyone’s horror opened his door and started to dash towards the diner.

Sid Walker sat smiling with his Christmas party hat on., Which had his two daughters Sasha and Indi coming very close to falling off their chairs with howling laughter.

“Well guys you have to get into the Christmas spirit.” Sid said as he gazed around at the Christmas tinsel which hung from the diners ceiling. Like many of the other bay’s residents the Walkers were at the diner for the Christmas morning, Christmas brummer concert that Liam and Kyle were headlining. The drumming of everyone’s fingers upon the tables started to grow more intense as everyone’s excitement grew. Even the photo of the long departed Irene Roberts looked excited.

John Palmer awkwardly juggled his way clumsily amongst the tables with cups of coffee as the noise built up around him.

“His nervous at the best of times with the orders Marilyn but now he looks like his err on a reckless and very slippery slope right now with those coffees.” Leah said as she watched John flinch back slightly from his rowdy sounding customers.

Alf dropped to the ground breathless; he could hear the heavy breathing of the Galahs behind him. The words of the mysterious stranger he had meet at Angelo’s only two days pervious echoed into his mind.

“It’s a called a Galah and it might look cute now but…….”

“It’s a flaming nightmare” Alf muttered as the dark shadow of the nightmarish Galah fell upon him. Alf turned to face its yellowish eyes as they glowed down at him, this was it the end Alf Stewart was going to be killed by nothing more than a alien called a Galah.

Maddie could be heard screaming away in the distance as Alf closed his eyes and waited to die……………

And waited……….

And waited……………..

And waited….

And waited some more, was this how it was to be dead? To hear the sweet sound of music was this heaven was this………

“RUN ALF” Liam yelled.

Alf got to his feet and in doing so he couldn’t quite believe the scene that was happening before him. The Galahs were dancing along with Kyle’s guitar playing. Without waiting another minute Alf legged it towards the diner.

“HERE THEY ARE EVERYONE IT’S OUR VERY OWN LIAM MURPHY AND KYLE BENNETT. HERE TO BRING YOU A CHRISTMAS TREATS WITH THEIR SINGING.” John announced as he pointed to the door with a huge hand gesture.

“No it’s not unless Kyle’s got very old since the last time we have seen him” Heath laughed as he high fived Casey. Brax rolled his eyes over the rim of his coffee cup.

“What do you mean it is, it’s Kyle and Liam” John said as he turned to check for himself.

“ALF? ERRRR ALF THANKS A BUNCH YOU HAVE JUST RUINED MY BIG BUILD UP.” John shouted feeling quite frustrated.

“GALAHS, GALAHS ARE COMING THIS WAY” Alf panted.

“Who or what are they Murphy’s and Kyle’s band mates?” Heath asked.

“THEIR LITLLE WELL NO FLAMING BIG BLACK ALIEN DEMONS AND….”

“That’s not nice to say that about Liam and Kyle. Well maybe Kyle but even so” Casey said high fiving Heath.

“NO YOU FLAMING WOMBAT THEIR……………”

Just then the countless Galahs pushed past Alf and started to raid the diner of its food.

Everyone just sat or stood in stunned silence as the little aliens invaded their food outlet.

Pippa stood at the side of Alf giving his trouser leg a quick tug.

“Sorry Granddad Alf I don’t think I like Brain anymore.”

“His a flaming Galah young Pippa that’s what he is.”

Jett hugged Pippa tightly regardless of her fishy smell of just being sat in Alf’s Ute.

“I guess I won’t be seeing you for awhile after this visit Sal?” Alf asked.

“No I think I may need a holiday to get over this one. There’s one thing that can be said about the bay though there’s never a dull moment.” Sally said

“Well sometimes there is with all the flaming love triangles that happen here Sal that’s flaming boring.” Alf said as he caught a glimpse of Brain the Galah giving Maddie a kiss underneath some low hanging mistletoe.

Throughout all the chaos that was happening nobody had noticed that a big odd looking blue police telephone had suddenly appeared out of thin air. The Galahs were to busy munching down on food to have noticed the blue telephone box’s door had started to creak open.

“WELL I WILL BE FLAMING DAMED IT’S DOCTOR………..” Alf muttered,

“Who?” Sally asked.

“Well yes darl you could call me by that name. But I much prefer Doctor Irene Roberts.” Irene said as she stepped out of the telephone box.

“Oh Gawd save us I’m back inside this diner once again. I can’t even get away even when I’m a flipping Timelord. Dexter darl will you hurry up you really should of fixed my sonic screwdriver many millenniums ago.”

“Yes Doctor Irene” Dexter said stepping out of the telephone box and handing Irene her sonic screwdriver.

“Dexter I thought you had gone off to be in the medical field?” Sid asked as he stared at his son who was wearing a white lab coat.

“No Dad a doctor’s assistant I have told you many times.”

“You have? Sid asked looking confused.

“Yes he has darl, but with my mind numbing flashlight I have built into my sonic screwdriver here I always make sure you forget. So Dexter darl how many Galahs is it this time?”

Dexter quickly counted the number of Galahs which were jumping about across the tables.

“I count flirty”

“Gawd save us their getting to be more flipping trouble than those Daleks” Irene said as she pointed her screwdriver towards the huge mass of Galahs.

“WOW cool blue laser beam” Jett said looking impressed at the long laser beam that was coming out of the screwdriver. The Galahs underneath the beam vanished into nothingness.

“Wow where have they gone?” Jett asked.

“Where’s Brain?” Pippa asked.

“Oh probably to another time and place in the universe” Irene said as she flicked a switch on her screwdriver.

“Now would you all be some darls and look at me.”

To be fair nobody had looked away from Irene since she had appeared.

“Good now mind the flash” Irene said as her screwdriver sent a sonic flash of forgetfulness over the residents of the bay.

“Come on Dex darl.” Irene said as she stepped back inside her blue telephone.

A few minutes later the residents of the bay seemed to wake from a very dazed dream.

“Oh yes where was I? Oh yes of course here is our very own Liam Murphy and Kyle Bennett”

Liam and Kyle walked inside to the cheers of everyone else and started to sing.

Spencer found Maddie sat under the mistletoe with her lips pushed out ready for a kiss.

“Well you going to kiss me or not Spencer?”

“Er yeah ok” Spencer said quickly kissing her.

Alf looked to Sally and smiled.

“Has it been a nice Christmas for you Sal?”

“Pippa seems happy with Jett, Yeah its been a nice family Christmas hasn’t it Mr Stewart?”

“Yes it has and there’s been no Galah in sight.”

“No what, what’s a Galah?”

“I don’t know but I like that word it sounds good don’t you think? I think I will use it has my new catchphrase”

“It suits you Mr Stewart” Sally said laughing as Alf rushed over to grab the microphone off Liam.

“Hello everyone I have just the one thing to say to you all and that is, MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU FLAMING GALAHS.”

There ends the story of the Galah, as for Peter Lovejoy he once more gave Summer Bay a glowing review not remembering anything of the aliens which had tried to invade.

So the next time you are alone in a bar, and a stranger comes up to you wanting to sell you an odd looking alien, just say no because you will come to regret it if you don’t.

The End.

Archived