Nathaniel "Nate" Cooper - Kyle Pryor

AznPride112

You're right they did say they. I think it's because Westaway's character and Pryor share the same name that they got confused. Kyle Pryor is no way 25, and in the latest magazine scans they say he is 32.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
Capitals for names.
  • Like 1

There's been various sources saying 25 or 31, but personally I think he's 31.

So he's like Beyonce? :D That's kind of funny!

What do you mean by that?

Beyonce's age is often argued about. Different sources say different ages.

Hm, i though it was sure that she was born in 1981? Do they think she is older or younger? Can´t find anything about this online :P

But to topic, i miss the more older and normal looking doctors. Nate looks like Ken...

You mean Barbie's Ken right? Cause i've already said this and LOL it's so true.

Actually I want to like Nate, but it is hard. I want to like him because he's a nice guy and they are in very short supply in Summer Bay these days. Also as a doctor he has so much more to offer the show than all the muscle bound thugs who surf all day, commit crimes, behave like creeps and still always get the girl.

Unfortunately Nate, like Zac exists purely to prove the shows premise that nice guys are losers. A premise that has dominated the show for the last four years. And unfortunately due to this all the nice guys are written as boring.

I do think he also suffers from being in Sid's shadow and as he was never boring, well enough said

The show used to be able to write nice guys as fun, hot and still interesting, but until they get over the current obsession with the whole bad boys rule bull, unfortunately nice guys like Nate will continue to be (deliberately) written as boring.

Actually I want to like Nate, but it is hard. I want to like him because he's a nice guy and they are in very short supply in Summer Bay these days. Also as a doctor he has so much more to offer the show than all the muscle bound thugs who surf all day, commit crimes, behave like creeps and still always get the girl.

Unfortunately Nate, like Zac exists purely to prove the shows premise that nice guys are losers. A premise that has dominated the show for the last four years. And unfortunately due to this all the nice guys are written as boring.

I do think he also suffers from being in Sid's shadow and as he was never boring, well enough said

The show used to be able to write nice guys as fun, hot and still interesting, but until they get over the current obsession with the whole bad boys rule bull, unfortunately nice guys like Nate will continue to be (deliberately) written as boring.

How are Nate and Zac losers?

To be honest, I don't even think Nate's a nice guy.He seems to be another Romeo, who gives off the impression of being a nice guy but when you actually stop to examine his actions he's incredibly selfish and uses people.How he's managed to keep his job as a doctor after repeatedly taking advantage of vulnerable female patients and making out with a nurse in his office I don't know.The rather desperate attempts by the show to have Sophie jump off the slippery slope in an attempt to justify Nate being an appalling husband to her and the fact we're repeatedly hit over the head with the fact that the bus crash and the death that resulted was entirely her fault and Nate was entirely blameless (complete with Nate giving a heavily slanted account of events) was somewhat distasteful.If they got rid of him, I wouldn't miss him one bit, over the past year he's gone from an incredibly dull character to an incredibly unlikable one.He's definitely not in the same league as Zac, who is a genuinely nice person.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't even think Nate's a nice guy.He seems to be another Romeo, who gives off the impression of being a nice guy but when you actually stop to examine his actions he's incredibly selfish and uses people.How he's managed to keep his job as a doctor after repeatedly taking advantage of vulnerable female patients and making out with a nurse in his office I don't know.The rather desperate attempts by the show to have Sophie jump off the slippery slope in an attempt to justify Nate being an appalling husband to her and the fact we're repeatedly hit over the head with the fact that the bus crash and the death that resulted was entirely her fault and Nate was entirely blameless (complete with Nate giving a heavily slanted account of events) was somewhat distasteful.If they got rid of him, I wouldn't miss him one bit, over the past year he's gone from an incredibly dull character to an incredibly unlikable one.He's definitely not in the same league as Zac, who is a genuinely nice person.

Wow where did all this hate towards Nate come from? How has he taken advantage of vulnerable female patiens?

Yeah, I was a bit ranty there but since the beginning of last year I've become increasingly convinced Nate isn't a particularly nice person.He first met Sophie when she'd been badly injured in a car crash and was looking at a long recovery, so the fact he formed a relationship with her and married her while she was laid up in a hospital bed and viewing him as a hero who saved her life seems like a gross violation of professional ethics.Then he gets together with Ricky when she's his patient and just had a miscarriage, which a lot of people queried at the time and in retrospect I kind of agree with them. Then he moves back in with Sophie when she's in recovery from appendicitis, got bored of her pretty quickly and seemed to take the coward's way out of having a sort of affair and then telling her so she'd dump him.There definitely seems to be a pattern here, and if you analyse the character a bit more than the writers have probably done then the picture isn't particularly pretty.

• Like 2

Due to not watching the show much the last year or so I had missed a lot of that. So, with that in mind.

Please bring back Sid or better yet Rachael.

However I do still think the show goes out of its way to excuse the actions of its bad boys while hanging the good guys out to dry.

The double standard that has prevailed in the last few years is appalling, apparently if you come from a bad background everything is forgiven, if not you should be held accountable. The hypocrisy the show has practiced in recent years is appalling.

Edited by kmp1963