Nathaniel "Nate" Cooper - Kyle Pryor

AznPride112

• 4 weeks later...

I wish he wouldn't make a decision about Brax and Ricky on her behalf when Brax and Ricky have loads more to deal with together about their baby. Nate may have been there but that is what I hated because he liked her and now has no idea that Ricky still needs to deal with it, but not with him, with Brax.

• 4 weeks later...

Some people say that Braxtons are loved because of their looks, but that is more true on facebook or yahoo pages. But this character is seriously idolized because of his looks even on this forum. And I don't like it. He's not that great or memorable as a character. Dating a woman who is in a very fragile state is not very acceptable in my book. And all this frequent walking around shirtless just seems like some kind of boasting "look at me, how great I am" and all those praise for his body on this forum makes me annoyed. Jealousy? Maybe, but he is so much loved when I feel that he doesn't deserve to be and I just want to show that there is at least one person who feels differently.

I think Nate is a great character on his own. He is growing a community spirit, is starting to get good friendships, and is a doctor. I also don't mind him being good looking, the opening theme of the show is of women and men in their swim wear, the town is a beach town, there are always shirtless scenes. I don't mind Nate shirtless scenes, and they are in appropriate scenes.

To be honest, this character isn't really gelling for me.He seems like another Elijah or Natalie who was introduced without enough thought being put into the character:It feels like someone went "Oh, Sid's gone, we need a new doctor" and didn't go any further than that until he'd arrived.The thing with Ricky feels like it was introduced partly to give him a function on the show and if she goes back to Brax, which seems fairly likely, he won't be left with anything except the fact that he works at the hospital(when it hasn't been blown up)and lives with Leah.That may not be enough to sustain the character long term.