I Want You

Guest Danni02

Thanks for the comments.

Eleven

Charlie walked quickly up the stairs to the restaurant. She was going to do it there and now before she had the chance to change her mind again. She stopped at the doorway as she spotted him leaning up to take something off the top shelf. She bit her lip as she watched him for a moment. She took a deep breath before walking down the restaurant. At hearing footsteps, Brax stopped what he was doing. “I’m sorry we’re actually closed at the -” Brax paused for a moment as he saw Charlie leaning over the bar. “Charlie,” Brax smiled. “What can I do for you?”

“Eh,” Charlie swallowed. “Can we talk?”

“Sure,” Brax looked a little puzzled. “Eh, go ahead.”

Charlie looked to her side to see a young waiter counting bottles of tonic water. “Can we go somewhere a little more private?”

“Oh, eh yeah sure,” Brax walked over to the office and opened the door, gesturing for Charlie to come in with him. She once again took a deep breath, telling herself she needed to go for it. She needed to take this chance to be happy. She walked slowly over to the door and into the office, turning to face Brax as she closed the door. “I’m sorry about this morning, by the way,” Brax started. “Just you looked so -”

“It’s fine,” Charlie answered. “I eh....I think I needed the sleep to be honest.” Brax gave her a smile; of course, it was one of those smiles that made Charlie weak at the knees. She put her hand onto her chest as her heart fluttered.

“You look gorgeous, by the way,” Brax said as he looked her up and down. “Off somewhere special after this?”

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “Listen, Brax, I eh...I came here for a reason,” Charlie told him with a deep breath. “I eh...there’s something I have to tell you.”

“Oh,” Brax rubbed the back of his head. “Need I be worried?”

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “At least, I don’t think so. What I have to say is nice,” Charlie smiled. “People love hearing it,” Charlie told him. “Usually.” Charlie added and Brax looked slightly confused.

“Charlie what is it?” Brax stepped forward and took her hand into his, rubbing it gently. She looked away from Brax for a second knowing there was no backing out now. She looked back at him and looked into his gorgeous eyes staying silent, just staring and wondering if she’d ever see them this close again. “Charlie, c’mon you are scaring me here.”

“I love you.” Charlie said and as soon as she said it, it was like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. She felt utter relief and so much better.

“I love you too.” Brax gave a sort of laugh.

“No, Brax, I mean, I love you . I’m like 110 percent, head over heels, madly in love with you,” Charlie tried to read his face as she spoke, but he wasn’t giving much away. He let her hand drop and took a few steps forward, leaning down on the desk. “Brax?” Charlie questioned. He’d been silent for too long, this didn’t look good. “Brax, please say something.” Charlie felt herself welling up. She was pretty sure giving his reaction, he didn’t feel the same.

“I eh...” Brax cleared his throat. “Excuse me.” Brax said before he walked out of the office before running out of the restaurant, leaving Charlie feeling devastated in the office.

“That’s the cutest thing ever,” Ruby cooed as April was looking at a little yellow and white stripy baby grow, that Bianca had left sitting out on the couch. “Aww I want a little bubba.”

“Might need to have sex first,” April said as she turned to face her friend. Ruby had filled April on all the goings on between her and Xavier. “And maybe wait for like 10 years or something to have a baby.”

“Yeah ,” Ruby answered. “Imagine if I came home pregnant,” Ruby gave a little shudder. “Mum would freak.”

“Well,” April said. “She has been there before. You know the pregnant teen. She was only 14 when you were born.”

“Yes but my mum didn’t choose to have sex,” Ruby sounded angry at what April was implying. “So it would be completely different,” Ruby said. “I would have just been irresponsible, which won’t happen as I am on the pill so I am prepared and I’d actually need to be able to have sex first, as you pointed out,” Ruby sighed. “Why is it not happening?” Ruby sounded frustrated.

“I dunno,” April gave a little shrug. “But what your mum said is probably right. Don’t plan it. Just let it happen when it does.” April said. She was hardly experienced in that department herself but knew that she wasn’t ready yet and neither was Dex, but knew when they were it would happen when it was supposed to.

“Mmm,” Ruby exhaled. “But you know it’s not as if I planned on John walking in on us, or Xav forgetting his protection and I didn’t tell Veej to interrupt with a nightmare story.” Ruby clicked her tongue.

“Well maybe the man upstairs is doing this to tell you not to do it just yet.” April said with a little laugh.

“The man upstairs?” Ruby screwed her face up. “You mean God?” Ruby laughed.

“I dunno,” April gave a shrug. “It’s just all these things seem to be happening to stop you having sex. So maybe...” April trailed off. “It’s like a sign from above telling you that you’re not ready. Doing it now would be a mistake.”

“But I am really.” Ruby exhaled.

“Really?” April questioned. “Deep, deep down you can truly say this is what you want?”

Ruby pursed her lips together. Maybe deep down she wasn’t so sure. “Well...maybe....I guess if it was meant to be then...” Ruby gave a little shrug. “Well we wouldn’t have had 4....interruptions, I guess.”

“Just a thought,” April said. “So can you say 100 percent it’s what you want to happen with you two, right now?”

“I guess not,” Ruby shook her head. “I love him and I don’t want to make him wait too long, but....sometimes I don’t think I’m ready.”

“You should talk to Xav,” April told her. “He’s a great guy, he’ll understand and he’ll wait as long as it takes. And if not then....he’s not worth it.” April rubbed Ruby’s arm as she spoke.

Ruby gave her friend a smile, knowing she was right. “Yeah, I’m going to see him later so....we’ll talk about it.” Ruby exhaled before reaching for her drink. Part of her did want to take that next step with Xavier, but there was a small part of her wasn’t sure and until she knew 100 percent then maybe, as April and her mother said, it was better to wait till it was meant to happen.

Thank you for the comments. :wub: Not many more to go in this one, but do check out my new fiction To Love Again. :)

Twelve

Charlie was sitting in the living room watching The Holiday. She needed a good chick-flick and she thought that Jude Law was pretty nice to look at. She was eating ice-cream, straight from the tub, her face tearstained and nose beginning to feel all blocked from her tears. Soon after Brax left, she’d gone home, thinking that given his reaction, she didn’t stand a chance in him returning any feelings. She’s changed out of her skirt and top and had taken off her make-up. She didn’t feel like she needed to be dressed nicely to sit and eat ice-cream and cry. She was now in a pair of grey sweats and a powder pink singlet, her chocolate brown hair now tied back in a messy ponytail. She ignored the doorbell as it rang. Whoever it was would come back if it was important. She sighed as it rang again before there was a few knocks on the door. She put the tub of ice-cream down on the table and hit pause on the remote, before standing up from the couch, exhaling as she did so. She ran her hands over her face, wiping away some lingering tears, before walking through to the front door. “Brax,” Charlie was shocked to see him standing at the other side. “What eh....” She noticed he was holding a bunch of flowers in his hands, a bunch of roses to be particular.

“I....” Brax sounded nervous. “These are for you.”

“Thanks,” Charlie took them into her hands, feeling a little confused. “I thought you said roses equalled love for you.” Charlie said as she turned and walked further into the kitchen, laying the flowers down in the sink.

“Yup,” Brax gave a curt nod. “That’s right.” A smile was starting to form on his face.

“But...” Charlie looked to the flowers before looking to Brax. “You....” She felt herself getting excited. Did this mean he loved her too? “So does....I....” Charlie put her hand onto her chest. She didn’t want to get this wrong and make a fool of herself.

Brax gave a little laugh as he walked into the house and over to Charlie. He cupped her cheek with his hand, wiping away a tearstain that was just under her eye. He smiled, one of those heart stopping smiles, before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on her lips. “I love you too.” Brax whispered, pulling back to see her reaction. She was stunned for sure, but then a smile started to creep onto her face.

“You love me, love me?” Charlie questioned, feeling her heart rate beginning to increase.

“I love you, love you,” Brax confirmed. “I think I always have.”

“But then...” Charlie felt her heart beating faster. “You walked away when I told you and.....Natalie, why would you start dating Natalie?”

“I guess I just wanted to confirm my feelings for you,” Brax exhaled. “I know I was wrong to use Natalie, but, I had to be sure because I didn’t want to hurt you. It’s the last thing I would ever want to do and...I’m sorry if me being with her upset you, but....” Brax trailed off. “Nothing apart from a couple of kisses happened. I tried to tell you this the other day but you just wouldn’t listen and...” Brax once again trailed off as he shook his head. “Look,” Brax took Charlie’s hands into his and squeezed them gently. “I love you.” Charlie felt her heart flutter and a funny feeling in the pit of her stomach every time he said it. The smile on her face grew to a huge grin and the tears she was now crying were tears of joy, knowing she was just about to get everything she always wanted.

“God, I wish you just told me that at the restaurant,” Charlie sniffed back. “Look at me,” Charlie looked down to herself, wishing more than anything that this moment didn’t happen when she was wearing sweats with no make-up and had a tear stained face. “I’m such a mess.” Charlie’s voice came out in a squeak.

Brax shook his head as he put his hand onto her chin and gently brought her head up to face him again. “You,” Brax softly kissed her forehead. “Are,” Brax placed a soft kiss on her cheek. “Absolutely,” Brax kissed her other cheek. “Gorgeous,” Brax said before placing a kiss on her lips. “I love you Charlotte Michelle Buckton and I’m never letting you go,” Brax said as he pulled back. “That is if you’ll have me?” Brax got down on one knee as he spoke.

“Oh God, Brax, no.” Charlie put her hand over her mouth as she gasped in shock. No way he would be about to propose, surely? They haven’t even had an official date yet.

“Charlie Buckton will you do me the great honour of becoming my girlfriend?” Brax grinned and Charlie breathed a sigh of relief, both because she was happy that he wasn’t proposing just yet, sure she loved him but there was no way there were ready for marriage and also, because finally, she was getting everything she’d wanted for months.

“Of course.” Charlie gave a little squeal of delight as Brax stood back up and planted a passionate kiss on Charlie’s lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen instantly as Brax lifted her up, Charlie wrapping her legs around his waist as Brax made his way out of the kitchen towards Charlie’s bedroom.

Ruby walked into his bedroom behind him, talking a deep breath at what she wanted to say. She was sure he’d understand, he’s told her they can wait till she is ready like million times, but maybe, he’d only say that for so long before getting bored of waiting. “So,” Xavier turned to face Ruby as he raised his eyebrows. “I have the house to myself.”

“Yeah,” Ruby smiled lightly as she sat down on the bed. “Can we talk?”

“Oh,” Xavier sounded worried. “Is everything alright?” He took a seat next to her and took her hand into his, running his other hands over the off-pink shell bracelet that he’d given her when he came back from Bali that she was wearing.

“No,” Ruby shook her head. “Well yeah,” Ruby exhaled. “I’m all fit and fine and we’re fine, at least, I hope we still will be when I tell you this.”

“Rubes,” Xavier exhaled, sensing what Ruby was going to say. “I’ve told you plenty times that I’ll wait until you are ready for this,” Xavier told her. “Please don’t do it because you think it’s what I want,” Xavier said. “I mean, of course it would be great, but, if you’re not ready then....” Xavier trailed off. “I’m sure you’ll be worth the wait,” Xavier smiled as he lightly rubbed his hand over her cheek. “I know you will be.” Xavier leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Ruby smiled into the kiss letting it get a little more passionate before pulling back and looking into his eyes.

“And you don’t mind?” Ruby questioned.

“Not at all,” Xavier shook his head. “You’ll still be my gorgeous, smart, funny, passionate, caring girlfriend whether we have sex or not,” Xavier gave her a cheeky smile. “We can wait as long as you want.

Ruby brushed her hand over his cheek. “I love you.” Ruby smiled.

“I love you too Rubes,” Xavier smiled. “Now how about we go to the surf club and I can kick your ass at pool?” Xavier stood up from his bed and took Ruby’s hands into his and pulled her to standing.

“I’m pretty sure I’ll be the one kicking your ass at pool,” Ruby laughed. “Loser of the first game buys the smoothies.”

“Better get that purse looked out then.” Xavier laughed.

“More like you’ll need this.” Ruby picked up Xavier’s wallet from his bedside table and flung it against his chest. Xavier laughed as he caught it before they linked hands and left his house, heading towards the surf club.

Thanks for the comments. This is the second to last chapter.

Thirteen

Charlie looked at the clock. After spending all afternoon in bed with Brax, it was now time to get up at get ready for her shift at the station. She exhaled sadly, not really wanting to have to leave the comfort of her bed and the toned muscular man who’d just became her boyfriend, but, she didn’t really have much choice. They were still understaffed and she needed to be there for work. She ran her hand gently down his arm. “Brax,” Charlie spoke quietly. “Brax.” She nudged his arm this time and he opened his eyes as he gave her a smile.

“You ready for another round?” Brax’s smile turned into a grin as he pulled her closer to him.

“I wish,” Charlie murmured before placing a soft kiss on his lips. “No, unfortunately, I need to go to work.”

“No you don’t,” Brax shook his head. “I’m skipping work to be here...” Brax raised his eyebrows. “And you’re the boss too, so.” Brax smiled seductively as he placed a kiss on her lips before he placed soft quick kisses on her neck.

“That is so not true,” Charlie gave a little moan as she felt all tingly as his hands caressed her. “I’m just the Sergeant,” Charlie told him as she reluctantly pulled away. “Okay so sometimes I am the boss, but, Senior Sergeant Phillips and Inspector Joyce will be in tonight.”

“Well they’ll have it covered then.” Brax pulled Charlie closer to him again and placed a kiss on her lips. Charlie felt herself relaxing into the kiss as her hands began caressing his bare back. He lightly squeezed her bum cheeks as he pressed her even closer against him.

“Brax,” Charlie pulled back, breathlessly. “I’ll be late.”

“Well, how about I call the Inspector and tell him that you will be late because you are about to have hot steamy sex with your boyfriend?” Brax gave her a cheeky grin and Charlie felt herself go all giddy at hearing Brax refer to himself as her boyfriend.

She gave a moan of disappointment. “I really really need to start getting ready for work,” Charlie pulled herself from Brax’s grasp and got out of the bed. Brax quickly followed and stood right behind her so his naked body was pressed against hers. He wrapped his arms around her from behind before running his hands up her stomach and resting them on her breasts, massaging them lightly as he started to softly kiss her neck. Charlie moaned as she felt herself leaning into him before she turned around, wrapping her arms around his neck. “I finished at midnight,” Charlie told him. “Maybe if you can stay up till then you can come back for a repeat of this afternoon.” Charlie raised her eyebrows.

“You really need to hear a reply from me?” Brax questioned and Charlie gave a little laugh before shaking her head. “How about I drive you to work and then pick you up?” Brax questioned.

“Really, you want to drive me to work?” Charlie questioned.

“Well, I...” Brax rubbed the side of his head.

“Oh, I know what you want,” Charlie laughed. “You say you’re taking me to work then you keep driving and take me to some seedy little B&B where you’ll have your way with me, right?”

“Hey, I was honestly offering you a lift to work but I like your idea better.” Brax laughed.

“Hmm,” Charlie raised her eyebrows. “Well, sure, if you want to drive me to work you can,” Charlie said and Brax gave her a smile. “But first, I might need a little help washing my back...” Charlie gave Brax a cheeky grin before she grabbed his hands and led him out of her room to the bathroom to take a shower.

Charlie held onto his hand tightly. She was blindfolded, which worried her a little. He could be taking her anywhere, but of course she trusted him and knew she’d be safe. It was the next day and Brax was taking Charlie out on their first official date. She was excited to see where he was taking her. “Just take a step down.” Brax spoke softly as he guided her. She gave a little wobble as the surface she was walking on was slightly unsteady.

“Are we near water?” Charlie questioned.

“Maybe,” Brax answered. He wasn’t about to give anything away. “Almost there, just keep walking....take another step down.” Brax told her and Charlie tentatively put her foot forward and stepped down, giving a little wobble before Brax steadied her. Brax turned to face the man and gave him a nod before he turned around and started up the engine.

“What was that noise?” Charlie gave a little jump. “Brax I want to take this off,” Charlie reached up to her eyes to pull away the blindfold but he took her hands into his, pulling it away. He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips, Charlie letting the kiss grow more passionate as they wrapped their arms around each other. “Mmm.” Charlie gave a little moan. Brax pulled back and led her across the deck of the boat.

“Okay,” Brax took the blindfold off of Charlie. She gasped as she saw the bay getting further away from them, as they headed out to sea. She looked to her side and saw a picnic of fresh fruit, champagne and chocolate. A bunch of roses lying on the blanket for her as rose petals were scattered everywhere. “Well aren’t you a little romantic?” Charlie smiled up at him before they shared a soft kiss.

“This is a bit strange though,” Brax scratched the back of his head. “We are on our first official date and we’ve already had sex I don’t know how many times and I know most everything about you,” Brax pursed his lips together. “What do we talk about now?” Brax questioned. “We don’t have any of those first date questions to fire at each other.”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “Well I guess we don’t need to talk.” Charlie raised her eyebrows before placing a kiss on his lips. “I love you Brax.”

“I love you too.” Brax whispered as he pulled back from the kiss.

“And you know,” Charlie said as they took a seat on the blanket, Charlie leaning into Brax as he wrapped an arm around her. “It’s sort of good we know each other because we get to skip all the getting to know you stage and can just enjoy being with each other,” Charlie told him. “It’s comfortable and there’ll be none of those awkward silences to fill and such.”

“That’s true,” Brax gently ran the tip of his fingers in a circular motion over Charlie’s bare arm as he placed a soft kiss on her temple. “Hey, you did wear your bikini under that dress, right?”

“Nope,” Charlie shook her head. “I wasn’t aware I needed too.”

“S***,” Brax muttered. “I must have forgotten to mention it, damn. There’s this gorgeous area out here that has the most beautifully turquoise waters and you go in this sort of cave place and the water only comes up to about my waist and it’s so private and secluded and gorgeous and I really wanted us to swim out there.” Brax sighed sadly.

“Swim hey?” Charlie raised her eyebrows.

“Well if you were open for other things I wouldn’t have said no,” Brax grinned. “But you don’t have your bikini so....” Brax gave a shrug of sadness.

“Well if it’s private and secluded who needs a bikini?” Charlie questioned before raising her eyebrows at Brax.

Brax gave a grin. “Skinny-dipping, Sergeant? Isn’t that illegal?” Brax questioned.

“Depends where you are,” Charlie answered. “I’d say out in the middle of the sea, we’ll be just fine,” Charlie grinned before leaning up and placing a kiss on his lips. “So, I’m game if you are?”

“Like you even have to ask.” Brax answered.

“Thought as much.” Charlie said before they both gave each other a grin, before one again their lips crashed together in a kiss.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on this fiction. This is the last chapter.

Fourteen

“Morning.” Charlie smiled as she woke up, ecstatic, in Brax’s arms. After their boat trip, they had dinner at that restaurant in Reefton Lakes - that Brax was supposed to take Charlie too the night he cancelled because of Natalie - before ending up at Brax’s place, where Charlie had spent the night.

“Hey,” Brax gave her a heart stopping smile as he moved her hair from in front of her face. “This feels so nice,” Brax smiled. “I know we’ve woken up together plenty of times, but, I dunno it seems different now we’re official.” Brax smiled as he lightly caressed her shoulder with his fingers.

“I know.” Charlie couldn’t wipe the smile off her face as she snuggled herself even closer to Brax so she was able to feel his heart beating against her naked body.

“I just can’t believe we wasted all those months where we could have been together officially, you know,” Brax sighed. “I just wish I had the courage to say something sooner.”

“Me too,” Charlie answered. “But we can’t change the past and I guess the important thing is we are together now.” Charlie said as she looked up to Brax, the smile still on her face.

“Yeah.” Brax agreed as he placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“I can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction when we tell them today,” Charlie exhaled dreamily. “Ah, they’ll be so pleased.”

“Oh yeah?” Brax furrowed his eyebrows. “People been routing for us, have they?” Brax cocked his head to the side a little.

“Well Rubes, Bianca and Leah know how I’ve felt about you for a long time,” Charlie told him. “They kept telling me I needed to tell you and I just....I was so scared that I’d lose what we had and I figured casual sex with you was better than no sex at all.” Charlie said.

Brax gave a little laugh. “Well I’m very glad you found the courage,” Brax smiled. “But as for telling people....” Brax trailed off. “I don’t intend to get out of bed today, so...” Brax raised his eyebrows as he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips. She smiled into the kiss, letting it deepen instantly as he push her down to lying in the bed and straddled over the top of her. Using one arm to hold his weight, he ran his other hand across her stomach as he placed soft kisses over her breast, teasing her nipple with slight grazes with his tongue.

“Mmm Brax,” Charlie moaned as her hands caressed his bare back. “We need to start getting ready for Bianca’s birthday.”

“I’m leaning over you naked, playing with your breast and you are thinking about Bianca?” Brax questioned. “Anything you need to tell me, dear?”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “We need to go to her birthday barbeque.”

“Well, we don’t really.” Brax answered before looking back down to her breast as gently kissing one again.

“Brax,” Charlie pulled his head up to face her. “She’s my best friend and your sister-in-law,” Charlie said. “We need to go to her birthday.”

“I’m sure she’ll understand why we couldn’t make it.” Brax grinned before smacking his lips against hers.

“Well maybe we could be a little late.” Charlie mumbled as Brax started kissing her neck, before making his way back down to her breast, using his tongue to tease her nipple, before kissing down her stomach. Charlie moaned as she ran her hands though his hair, guiding his head slightly downwards, where she knew Brax wanted to be. He grunted hungrily before softly kissing the top of her thighs, before she opened her legs a little wider, allowing Brax what he wanted.

“I can’t believe how late we are,” Charlie sighed as they walked along the path towards Bianca and Heath’s place. “I feel so bad.”

“I don’t,” Brax answered. “We just had amazing sex. Twice.” Brax said as ran his thumb gently over her hand as they were entwined together.

“Yes, I am aware of that,” Charlie said with a smile. Sex with Brax was always amazing, but these last few times since they’d got together officially, it was unbelievable. It felt even more amazing, which Charlie didn’t think would be possible. “I was there too, you know.” Charlie added.

“Oh I know,” Brax answered, his voice getting higher as he spoke. “Anyways, plenty other people will be there so I bet they aren’t even missing us.”

“Finally,” Charlie heard Bianca’s voice as they walked around the back of the house, seeing everyone sitting around the table, Heath at the barbeque, turning some burgers. “You decided to join us, did you?” Bianca said as she approached them.

“I’m so sorry,” Charlie exhaled as she gave her friend a hug and kiss. “Happy birthday.” Charlie pulled back and handed her the gift bag with her presents in.

“Thanks.” Bianca took the bag and looked up to Brax was who was standing beside Charlie, before looking back to Charlie then once again Brax. She could see by the look on their faces that something was now different between the two, Bianca of course not yet knowing how their talk went, having not seen Charlie since their night out a couple nights before hand and she wasn’t sure whether that was a good thing or not, deciding either Charlie and Brax were spending lots of quality time in bed, celebrating the fact they were now official, or she could have been laying in bed, crying over her broken heart, but seeing as they had arrived together she was going to choose the former until they confirmed it.

“Happy birthday.” Brax gave his sister-in-law a kiss on the cheek before giving her a hug and handing her his present for her. She put them down on the table along with the other gifts before looking back to Charlie and Brax. Charlie seeing everyone was silent and staring at the pair of them.

“Thank you, Brax,” Bianca said. “But are you going to tell us?” Bianca looked from Charlie to Brax a few times, before they looked at each other, both of them giving a little grin.

“Tell you what?” Brax teased. “What you’re presents are?” Brax mocked a look of confusion. “Nah, you need to open them eh, find out for yourself.”

“Charlie.” Bianca moaned in frustration.

Charlie laughed before looking to Brax and raising her eyebrows before leaning up and placing a kiss on his lips. Bianca squealed in excitement, this enough to let her know that things had gone well and they were officially now a couple. “At least we know now why they were so late eh?” Heath laughed from behind the barbeque.

“Urgh, don’t need that image.” Ruby screwed her face up before running over to her mother, giving her a hug.

“Well it’s about flamin’ time you two got your act together.” Alf said from the table, causing a little laughter. Alf along with Irene, Leah, Miles, Vj, Ruby, Xavier, Gina, John, April, Dex, Marilyn and Roo were there celebrating Bianca’s birthday with her. Thankfully Natalie had to pull out of the barbeque at the last minute and go to the city as her sister had taken ill and needed help with her young sons, so luckily for her, she wasn’t there to have to face Charlie and Brax’s announcement.

“Aww I thought it had gone this way,” Leah smiled. Although she lived with Charlie, she hadn’t really seen her in the last couple of days. Charlie’s absence now been explained for work and being with Brax. “I’m really pleased for you guys.”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “Yeah we’re pretty please ourselves.” Charlie grinned.

“Darryl.” Ruby stood before him, looking ever so serious.

“Yes, Ruby?” Brax tried to keep a straight face as he saw her look.

“You better take great care of my mother,” Ruby instructed. “Because if you hurt her I will hunt you down and kick your ass,” Ruby pointed a finger at Brax. “You get me? I will kick your ass.”

Charlie bit her lip to stop herself from laughing as Brax gave a nod, only just managing to keep a straight face. “I’d take her seriously if I were you, mate,” Xavier shouted over to Brax from the table. “If she’s passionate and cares about something then...woah....” Xavier shook his head. “Don’t go upsetting her.”

“I won’t,” Brax shook his head. “You have my word, Rubes,” Brax said. “I don’t ever intend on hurting your mother. She’s mines for life now,” Brax smiled as he rubbed Ruby’s arm. “And you too, okay? You need anything....be it advice, help or.....anything, you know you can come to me, okay?”

“Can I get 50 dollars?” Ruby gave a cheeky grin as she held her hand out.

“Ruby.” Charlie gasped.

“I’m only joking,” Ruby laughed. “But you know if you wanted to, well, I wouldn’t stop you.” Ruby looked back to Brax. He exhaled as he reached into his pocket for his wallet. Ruby’s eyes widening as she saw he was actually going to give her the money.

“Don’t,” Charlie grabbed his arm, stopping him from producing his wallet. “Go finish your lunch.” Charlie said and Ruby sighed as she walked back over to the table.

“We are going to have a nice chat later on,” Bianca said as she linked arms with Charlie as they walked over to the table. “I want to know everything.”

“Sorry but until further notice Charlie will currently be too busy for long chats with her girlfriends.” Brax told her.

“Nah nah,” Bianca shook her head at her brother-in-law. “You still have to share her, Brax,” Bianca told him. “I’m talking her tonight for an hour or two then you can do whatever you like with her the rest of the night.”

“I like the sound of that,” Brax threw Charlie a grin and her heart fluttered as she saw his dimples. She’d never experienced love like this before and couldn’t wait to spend her life with him and hopefully, in the future, have some children. “Right, bro,” Brax looked up to Heath. “Hurry up and bring more food down here. After the workout I had this morning I’m starving.”

Charlie met Brax on the beach. The moon was full and a silvery grey reflection could be seen bouncing off the ocean. “Hey.” Charlie smiled as she stood beside him, her arm brushing against his.

“That Bianca and Leah all filled in on the details then?” Brax questioned as he wrapped an arm around her, letting his hand hang over her shoulder.

“And Marilyn, Roo, Gina and Irene.” Charlie told him as she put her hand around his waist.

“So pretty much every woman in the bay now knows about my recent sex life?” Brax exhaled.

“Pretty much.” Charlie gave a little laugh. “But I’m the only lucky one who gets to experience it.” Charlie grinned up at him. Brax raised his eyebrows before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss letting it deepen as they wrapped their arms around each other; Brax’s going around her waist as Charlie’s went around his neck. He pulled her closer in so their bodies were pressed together. Their tongues crashed together as the kiss intensified, Charlie getting fluttery feelings in her stomach as she felt all tingly at his touch. There was no doubt about it, it certainly was true love. They both pulled back as they heard a few bangs and looked up to the sky to see someone had set off fireworks in the distance. They looked to each other and they both smiled before they looked up to watch the oranges, blues, greens and reds, exploding in the sky. Brax hugged Charlie close to him and placed a kiss on the top of her head as they stood silently in the embrace watching the fireworks, both of them the happiest they’d ever been, at finally getting what they’d both always, deep down, really wanted.

Archived