Unconditional Love

Guest Danni02

Sarah, beebee, Spotd1, Zoe and Freakie42, thank you so much for the comments.

Chapter 162

Ruby folded the top into the bag, before zipping the bag shut. She’d gone back to the van in order to get some clothes. She wasn’t ready to come back to Romeo just yet and took the opportunity, when she knew he would be working to grab some clothes. She’s arranged with Charlie that she would stay on the couch a few more days, something that didn’t bother Ruby to greatly as she actually found the couch comfier than the bed in the caravan. She looked around the van, seeing Mink’s things strewn about everywhere and shook her head lightly before putting the bag over her shoulder and left the van. “Ruby.”

Ruby cursed under her breath as Romeo was stood right before her. She was sure he normally worked at this time of day on a Sunday. “I was just getting some things.” Ruby walked down the step and away from Romeo.

“Rubes.” Romeo held his hand out and took hold of Ruby’s arm, stopping her from walking any further. “What’s this?” Romeo questioned. “Why didn’t you come home yesterday and...I....what’s wrong?”

“You still set on giving our money to your sister?” Ruby questioned.

“I need to,” Romeo exhaled. “Rubes if I don’t she’s going to...” Romeo pursed his lips together. “Remember the stuff I told you about our stepfather?”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded lightly.

“If I don’t give her the money she’ll tell the cops what really happened.” Romeo spoke quietly, aware they were talking in a very public place.

“No, she won’t,” Ruby shook her head. “Because if she does she’ll get in trouble too, for perverting the course of justice. So, really she has nothing on you,” Ruby told him. “You owe her nothing.”

“She went to jail for me,” Romeo sighed. “Surely I can give her 3 grand.”

“We don’t have 3 grand,” Ruby raised her voice. “I love how loyal you are and think it’s great that you want to help her, but right now, fact is, you can’t,” Ruby said. “Please understand that.”

“Please understand that I need to do this,” Romeo sighed. “This isn’t open for discussion. I need to help my sister and I am going to do that with or without your support.”

“Then it’s without.” Ruby looked at Romeo and felt her eyes stinging with tears. Romeo put his hands on his hips as he pursed his lips together. He looked down to the ground as he exhaled. Ruby opened her mouth to talk again, but stopped herself before any words came out. She stared at him for a moment before walking away from him and going in the directions of April’s place, in desperate need of a cheer up from her best friend.

Charlie walked down the stairs as she tied her wet hair back into a messy ponytail. After dinner, she’d had a quick shower, while Joseph was sleeping. She had a look into the moses basket to see he was still sound asleep. “Alright?” Brax smiled up at her as she appeared in the kitchen. Once they’d gotten home from the graveyard, she’d made Brax show her the flowers, the note and the photo frame before they called the police and told them everything that had happened. Charlie looked up at Brax and he could see that she’d been crying again. “I eh, I called someone to go get the grave cleaned up,” Brax told her. “They reckon it should come off easily enough,” Brax opened the door of the washing machine and took out the two teddies, now free of the red spray paint. “I cleaned these up too.” Brax gave Charlie a little smile as she grabbed them from his hands.

“You’ve ruined this one,” Charlie looked down to the little pink teddy that she’d gotten Lily for her second birthday, the fur now all clumped together. “What did you do that for?” Charlie almost seethed as her voice was raised.

“It’s still wet, Charlie,” Brax exhaled. “Let it dry and I bet it brushes out fine.”

“No, it won’t,” Charlie kept her voice raised. “You’ve ruined it. How could you?” Charlie threw the teddies down to the floor in anger.

“I’m sorry,” Brax answered softly as he took a step closer to her. “I was just trying to help. I thought they’d be okay.”

Charlie looked down to the teddies as they lay on the floor. At least the red paint was now away, and she knew Brax was only trying to make things better for her and the stresses of the day wasn’t helping with her mood. “Sorry,” Charlie bent down and picked the teddies back up. “At least the red paint has gone.” Charlie gave him a weak smile as he walked closer to her and rubbed her arm.

“I’m sorry too,” Brax said. “I thought it would be fine. I mean you’ve washed Connor’s teddies before, right?” Brax screwed his face up, now unsure if he was remembering correctly.

“Yeah eh...” Charlie rubbed her forehead. “Put them in a pillow case before they go into the machine. It’s does something. I dunno.” Charlie screwed her face up slightly.

“Well I am sorry,” Brax apologised again. “And we can get her a new teddy. You know, like a congratulations on becoming a big sister teddy.”

“Yeah,” Charlie gave a weak smile. “Eh....where’s Connor?” Charlie questioned.

“He’s playing with Zak in the backyard.” Brax told her. Charlie gave a little nod as she put the teddies down on the worktop before walking out the kitchen door to the back garden, seeing Connor sitting in front of the tree they’d planted for Angelo as Zak was sitting next to him, his head resting on Connor’s knee. She walked over the garden and sat down next to her son, not saying anything, just looking out to the tree with him.

“Mummy is you mad at me?” Connor questioned.

Charlie looked down to her son, confused. “Of course not sweetheart. Why would I be mad at you?” Charlie put her hand onto Connor’s hair and rubbed it gently.

“I didn’t tell you about the flowers,” Connor told her. “Then Lily’s grave got painted. Maybe if I told you it wouldn’t be like that now.” Connor bowed his head down sadly.

“No no,” Charlie shook her head. “You were just trying to protect mummy and I could never be mad at you for that,” Charlie lifted Connor up onto her knee and he rested his head against her chest. “What’s happening is.....well,” Charlie bit her lip. “Someone is just being very nasty right now but we’ve told the police and they will sort this, okay?”

“Yeah,” Connor gave a little smile. “Georgie will do it.”

Charlie smiled as she thought about her partner. She was a great police officer and Charlie had faith in her to get to the bottom of this quickly. “Yeah she will.”

“But why would someone do that to you?” Connor questioned as he looked up at her. His big blue eyes all wide in wonderment. “It’s not nice and you are so pretty and funny and the best mummy ever.”

Charlie smiled as she tightened her grip on her son. She placed a soft kiss onto his head. “Sweetie, there’s just some really cruel, sick, twisted people in this world.” Charlie told him.

“And good people like you and Georgie get them and lock them away forever.” Connor said.

“Yeah that’s right.” Charlie smiled.

“Good,” Connor exhaled before looking to the tree that was for Angelo. “I still miss daddy too much.” Charlie heard the sadness in her son’s voice.

“I know you do,” Charlie answered. “Mummy misses him too.”

“Even though you weren’t married no more and you had daddy Darryl?” Connor questioned.

“Yeah,” Charlie nodded. “He’ll always have a special place in my heart.” Charlie said and Connor gave her a weak smile.

“Like Lily does too?” Connor said.

“Yeah, Lily does too.” Charlie rubbed her son’s cheek.

“Mummy we need to make something to say this tree is for my daddy Angelo and my baby Lily,” Connor said. “Like you know one of those gold metal on wood things,” Connor said. “You know what I mean?”

“I know what you mean,” Charlie smiled. “We can get a plaque arranged,” Charlie once again rubbed her son’s cheek. “Now, it’s getting a little chilly out here, why don’t we go back inside huh?” Charlie questioned. “Brax can take Zak for his walk then we could maybe watch a DVD together? What do you say?”

“Madagascar,” Connor jumped up from Charlie’s knee. “Zak, walkies.” Connor spoke down to Zak and he immediately jumped up at hearing walkies. Charlie stood up and followed her son and Zak back into the house, finding Brax still in the kitchen, singing along to the radio as he unloaded the dishwasher. “Daddy,” Connor giggled as Charlie walked through the kitchen to the living room to check on Joseph again, he was due to wake up for a feed soon. “We have to take -”

“Brax,” Charlie yelled out uncontrollably. “Brax, he’s gone,” Brax and Connor, along with Zak, ran into the living room to see Charlie standing, looking over the moses basket. “Where is he Brax?” Charlie cried. “Why weren’t you keeping an eye on him?” Charlie hit Brax’s chest as he looked down to the moses basket to see Joseph wasn’t there, and had been replaced with a note. He’s my baby now. I want him more than you.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments.

Chapter 163

Charlie and Brax sat on the couch, Brax with his arm around Charlie comfortingly as they spoke to the police. “So is there no more you can tell us about your son?” The police officer questioned. He looked about 15, had a mass of blond curls poking out from under his police cap, and his hands were shaking as he wrote stuff down on the pad. Charlie remembered that a new officer was starting not too long after she went on maternity leave, and figured this must be him, fresh out of the training academy. “You’ve been pretty vague so far. We need personality traits, something like that.” Charlie glared at him, not really believing he was asking the question.

“He’s 6 days old,” Charlie replied. “He eats, sleeps and poops,” Charlie spoke through tears as she started to rock herself gently in the couch, Brax’s arm moving with her. “Just find my son.”

“Senior Constable Watson,” Brain exhaled as he looked at her. “Is there any chance that the two cases here are linked? The messages they have been receiving and now this?”

“Of course they are linked,” Charlie yelled up at him. “You can’t be that foolish to think they are separate events, can you?”

“Charlie he is just starting out.” Georgie tried to defend him, although she did believe the question was rather silly.

“Anyone would know it’s the same person,” Charlie stood up from the couch. “Now, let’s stop discussing this. You need to get the team out there to look for my son. All this is just giving this person a chance to get further and further away. Joseph is missing and that’s the most important thing right now.”

“Technically he is not missing yet,” Brian said. “We need to wait 24 hours before they can be classed as missing.”

“No no no,” Charlie shook her head. “Georgie why did you bring him?” Charlie glared angrily at her partner. “He is a baby. Babies, you don’t wait. You go, you look right away.” Charlie looked like she was about to break down, and noticing this, Brax stood up from the couch and wrapped his arms around her in comfort, Charlie bringing her hand up and gripping it tightly around Brax’s arm.

“We need a picture if you have one,” Georgie said. “It would help us a great deal.”

“Here,” Brax took his iPhone out of his pocket and went into the pictures. “We don’t have any printed off yet. You know we’ve been a bit busy with other things.”

“That’s fair enough,” Georgie said. “Eh can I take this with me? We can get some pictures printed for the officers.”

“Sure yeah, the pass code is 7294. You’ll need it to get back into the phone.” Brax said and Georgie gave him a light smile as she put the phone into her pocket.

“Most new-born babies look the same, right?” Brian curled his nose up. “He doesn’t have any distinguishing marks, does he?”

“Nah he doesn’t eh.” Brax shook his head as the house phone rang and Charlie bolted across the room to answer.

“Hello. Hello.......” Charlie exhaled sadly as she heard the familiar voice at the other side of the line. It wasn’t the person who’d snatched her baby as she had hoped. “Eh, Paulie I can’t actually....no I haven’t seen her.....okay I will but now isn’t the best time so I have to go. Sorry.” Charlie hung up the phone and turned to face the room, seeing she had 3 sets of eyes staring at her.

“Who was that?” Georgie questioned.

“It was my brother in law,” Charlie answered. “Well my ex brother in law I guess,” Charlie screwed her face up. “He hasn’t seen his wife in a few days and he’s wondering if she’s came this way.”

“Ana,” Brax widened his eyes as he got a flash of the woman who was watching from the woods at the park, the woman he saw watching them in the diner. “Long black hair, brown eyes?” Brax asked.

“Yeah, why?” Charlie questioned.

“It’s her, she has him,” Brax was sure he was right. “I saw her yesterday in the diner and this morning at the park, she was watching us. I knew I’d seen her before but....I didn’t remember where, but it’s her, right?”

“Ana?” Charlie screwed her face up. “She wouldn’t. She’s not like that, she’s not....” Charlie pursed her lips together, remembering the talk she’d had with her at Angelo’s funeral, the over interest in Charlie’s pregnancy that Brax seemed to think she had while they spoke at the will reading, the fact that Ana herself couldn’t have children and knew that Charlie was struggling with the idea of a baby herself. She rubbed her forehead as she tried to process everything. “She won’t hurt him, will she?” Charlie looked up to Brax as a tear rolled down from her eye.

“I don’t think she’ll hurt him, no,” Brax shook his head. “She just wanted a child.”

“Georgie you need to go look for Ana then,” Charlie sniffed back as Brax took a deep breath, trying to push away his own tears. “Ana Rosetta, 31 years of age, she’s around 5’4....5’5....black hair and brown eyes as Brax said eh....she sometimes wears glasses.”

“Do you have a photo of this woman?” Georgie questioned.

“Eh,” Charlie rushed over to the cabinet and pulled out an old photo album, hurrying through it until she pulled out a picture of Ana and Paulie on their wedding day. “It’s a few years old, but it’ll do.” Charlie handed Georgie the picture, not really sure what was happening and if it really was Ana who had Joseph, but she would go with it for now as they didn’t really have anything else to go on.

“This the woman you saw watching you?” Georgie showed the picture to Brax and he nodded.

“That’s her, definitely.” Brax answered as memories of talking with her at Angelo’s will reading came back to him. That being the only time they’d met.

“Okay,” Georgie gave a little nod. “We’ll get away and get this search started.”

“I’m coming.” Charlie said. “I need to look for my boy.” It broke her heart already that Joseph wasn’t with her. She was already blaming herself for not keeping an eye on him.

“You have to stay here,” Georgie rubbed her arm. “I’ll get him back to you.”

“No,” Charlie shook head her. “I need too. Because I should have been with him and not in the garden with Connor. I should have been watching him. This is my fault.”

“Charlie it’s not your fault,” Brax rubbed her arm in comfort as he swallowed back; trying to be strong for Charlie’s sake but inside his heart was breaking with worry for his baby son. “Babies get left to sleep all the time.”

“But I need to find him,” Charlie cried. “He needs fed. He’ll be hungry. I need to feed him,” Charlie looked down to her top as she started to feel like it was wet, and sure enough there was a little stain at her left breast where she’d leaked a little milk. “See, he needs fed. He’ll be hungry. What if she doesn’t feed him?” Charlie broke into uncontrollable tears as she fell into Brax arms.

“We’ll keep in touch.” Georgie said before she and Brian saw themselves out, leaving Brax to comfort Charlie, while hoping that it wouldn’t be long at all before Georgie was knocking on their door, returning their son.

Thanks for the comments. Not so sure about this, hope it’s okay....:unsure:

Chapter 164

Charlie was sitting on the couch, holding onto Connor as he was lying across her, sound asleep. She constantly rubbed his back, giving herself some comfort. “I eh, I’ll take him up to his bed.” Brax stood up from the couch and went to take him in his arms.

“No, leave him,” Charlie gripped him tighter. “I need him close to me.”

“Okay,” Brax exhaled understandingly as he sat back down, running his hand through Charlie’s hair as he did so. “It’s fine.”

“I feel like we should be out looking for him,” Charlie spoke through tears. “He’s our son and we are just sitting here doing nothing.”

“We’re letting the police do their job,” Brax continued to run his hand through Charlie’s hair. “They’ll find him or Ana will return him. She’s not a bad person and she’ll realise what she is doing is wrong.”

“She’s supposed to be family...she was....well she is Connor’s family, she will always be Connor’s family and....how could she do this?” Charlie sniffed back. “And he needs fed again. She’ll be feeding him right and changing his nappy? What if she doesn’t have any nappies?”

“We just have to believe she’ll be looking after him,” Brax said. “She will be looking after him,” Brax corrected himself as he saw the look on her face. “She just wants to be a mother. She’ll be treating him just right.”

“But he’s not hers,” Charlie sniffed back. “He should be here with us, I can’t lose him Brax, this would just end me. It would be too much.” Charlie put one hand onto her charm bracelet that Brax had given her and gently rubbed the little J pendant.

“I know,” Brax pulled her closer into him and rubbed her back. “He’ll come back to us,” Brax had to be hopeful. Thinking anything else was just too much to bear. Brax put his other hand onto Connors leg, gently rubbing it. “Then the four of us will go on a nice holiday.”

“I just want Joseph back,” Charlie sniffed back. “He’s so young. He needs me. He needs to be with me.” Charlie rested her head against Brax’s chest as he held her, keeping one hand on a sleeping Connor.

“I know,” Brax took a deep breath, needing to stay strong for Charlie’s sake. “Maybe you should go see if you can sleep,” Brax spoke tentatively, knowing Charlie may most likely shout at him for suggesting it. “Get some rest.”

“I won’t can sleep,” Charlie gave a little yawn. “My mind won’t rest until Joseph is home with us.”

“Have a little try,” Brax rubbed her back. “I’ll stay up and if we get a phone call I’ll wake you right away.”

“The littlest of information and you come get me, okay?” Charlie said. “I do need rest, for Joseph, I need to get rest so I can look after him.”

“Yeah,” Brax exhaled. “And you have the doctors tomorrow.”

“What?” Charlie raised her voice. “You can’t seriously expect me to go to the hospital tomorrow with Joseph missing?” Charlie screwed her face up.

“You need to get your stiches out,” Brax said. “It can’t be good keeping them in any longer than necessary,” Brax cleared his throat as he wiped his hand across his eyes, knowing he was about to break down. “Well cancel Wendy for tomorrow, but you know that you need to get your stiches out, right?”

Charlie pursed her lips together as she gave a little nod. “I guess it’s better too,” Charlie sighed. “But what if they’re trying to call us and we’re not home and then they might lose Joseph and -”

“We’ll call the police in the morning, let them know that you have the doctors, they’ll know where we are, I promise you that.” Brax continued to rub her back in comfort.

“Okay,” Charlie gave a little nod. “I’ll eh....I’ll try to get some sleep.” Charlie gave another yawn as she stood up from the couch, moving Connor in her arms.

“You want me to carry him up?” Brax questioned and Charlie shook her head.

“No, I’ve got him fine.” Charlie exhaled before she walked off up the stairs. Brax rubbed his face with his hands, pushing back tears.

“Joseph please be safe,” Brax mumbled as he looked down to Zak who was sleeping in a little ball on his bed. “He’ll be safe, right boy?” Brax took another deep breath as he stood up from the couch and walked over to the moses basket and ran his hand across the bottom. “Maybe mummy was right; maybe I should have been watching you. How did I....how did I not hear the door opening, closing....how did I not hear a woman in my home?” Brax wiped a tear from his eye. “Please be safe.” Brax looked up as the door opened and Ruby walked back into the house.

“You alright?” Ruby knew immediately by the look on Brax’s face something wasn’t right.

“Eh....it’s Joseph. He ehm...” Brax shook his head. “He’s been taken....eh....kidnapped.”

Ruby put her hand over her mouth in shock as her eyes widened. “Oh my God do you eh.....do they have any....” Ruby was utterly speechless. She knew Charlie had been getting cruel messages but she never thought for one minute that someone would snatch Joseph from her.

“I think its Ana,” Brax told her. “I think it’s been her doing all the stuff and Paulie, he called and said she was missing so....” Brax looked down at the moses basket again, Ruby seeing he was about to break down.

“I’m so sorry,” Ruby said. “He’ll be safe right? She’s not going to hurt him?”

“God I hope she won’t,” Brax broke into tears as he spoke. “He’s my little boy Rubes, he my little boy.”

“Hey hey,” Ruby stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Brax, offering him a supportive hug. “The police are on it, right?”

“Yeah.” Brax mumbled as he held onto his sort of step-daughter.

“They’ll find him,” Ruby spoke hopefully. “They will. I bet this time tomorrow he’ll be back here safe in your arms,” Ruby said as she and Brax stayed in the embrace. “I know it.” Ruby held onto Brax as he cried in her arms, hoping what Ruby was saying was correct and that Joseph would be back to them soon.

Thank you for the comments.

Chapter 165

After their visit to the hospital to get Charlie’s stitches out, they’d gotten a call from Georgie and rushed to meet her where she told them they would be. Someone had contacted the police that morning, saying that while they were walking their dog, they’d seen a woman matching Ana’s description with a young baby going to an abandoned house, that sat on its own, about a 10 minute walk from the bay. “Where is she?” Charlie rushed out of the car and over to Georgie who was standing with Brian out on the sidewalk. “Is he with her, is he safe?”

“She won’t let us in.” Brian told Charlie.

“So,” Charlie immediately raised her voice. “You’re police officers, force your way in.” Charlie went to run to the house, but Brax pulled her back and kept an arm around her, keeping her still in place.

“What’s going on?” Brax questioned.

“She wants to talk to Charlie,” Georgie said. “We’re assured that the baby is safe and she won’t harm him in any way.”

“Okay, so she wants me to go inside right?” Charlie felt her heart beating faster at the prospect of getting her son back. He’d been gone around 18 hours, but it was 18 hours to long, and Charlie just wanted him back in her arms where he should be.

“Yeah,” Georgie gave her nod. “You obviously know everything there is to know about these situations so I’ll just let you go.”

Charlie looked up at Brax and he could tell by the look in her eye that she was terrified about doing this. If she messed up, anything could happen to their son. “You’ll be okay,” Brax rubbed her arm in comfort. “You’ve done this before right?”

“Yeah but I’ve never been emotionally attached,” Charlie was shaking with fear. “What if I screw up and then something happens to Joseph?” Charlie took a deep breath. “Brax I can’t do this.”

“Hey,” Brax continued to rub her arm. “It’ll be fine. Go on, go talk to her.” Brax knew Charlie would be able to do this, it was sometimes a part of her job, having to talk down a suspect, and he knew that with her son in possible danger, she wouldn’t hold back.

Charlie took another deep breath before walking up to the door of the house and knocking loudly. “Ana, it’s me. It’s Charlie.” Charlie heard some fumbling around before the door opened the smallest amount possible.

“You’re there alone?” Ana questioned.

“Yeah, it’s just me coming in,” Charlie said. “You going to let me in?” Charlie pursed her lips together, knowing for her son’s safety that she needed to hold back in storming into the house. The door creaked open a little more and Charlie walked into the house, immediately letting her eyes wander, trying to search for her son. “Paulie called me. He’s worried about you.”

“He doesn’t understand.” Ana took a seat at one of the chairs that was sitting in the tatty room. It was in need of a good clean, with lots of dust laying over everything, the wallpaper starting to fall off the walls. This was not a place Charlie wanted her son to be for a long time.

“Where is he, Ana?” Charlie questioned, trying to look through to the living room to see if he was in there.

“He’s safe now.” Ana said and Charlie gulped, worried what she meant by this.

“Ana he’s -”

Ana gave a little laugh. “I’ll let you see him soon,” Ana said. “David, my little baby David. He’s perfect. He’s small, but so so perfect. I couldn’t ask for a better son.” Ana smiled. “Motherhood is great isn’t it? Connor must be getting so big now. He’ll be what, 6?”

“Yeah,” Charlie gave a little nod. “He’s doing really well.” Charlie told her, thinking about her elder son who was safe at home with Morag and Ruby, Charlie deciding not to send him to school in case Ana went there and somehow manage to take him away with her too.

“I hope my David turns out just like him.” Ana said with a smile on her face.

“Ana, he’s not your David though, is he?” Charlie spoke tentatively. “He’s my Joseph. He’s my little boy and I want him to come home,” Charlie felt herself tearing up. “You have no idea how much he means to me Ana.”

“No,” Ana shook her head. “You told me you didn’t want him and I understand that because losing your daughter must have been awful. I know your pain because I can’t have babies,” Ana shook her head. “We almost had a baby. A little boy. Our David. But when he was born, she changed her mind. The mother, she kept him. So you see I needed to get a new David and you don’t want your baby and I want him so he’s my David now,” Ana threw her hands in the air as she gave a little laugh. “Makes the most perfect sense.”

“Ana,” Charlie felt a tear rolling down her cheek. “I love him so much. I know I was worried before he was born but I love him. He’s my little boy, Ana, you’re not a bad person, don’t do this. I’ll let you go home. You don’t need to go to jail. You need some help, that’s what you need. The police, I won’t let them arrest you. I promise. I’ll let you go home and you can get the help you need,” Charlie took a deep breath. “Just please give me my son back.”

“Those things I did...I wanted you to crumble. To start rejecting your son. It’s how it should have been,” Ana said. “I shouldn’t be punished for that. David needs me. You’re a mother. You should know how much your kids need you.”

Charlie pursed her lips together. “You won’t be punished. I promise,” Charlie took a deep breath, trying to hold back tears. “Like I said, I’ll let you go home. I will. You just need to give me Joseph back.”

“David,” Ana raised her voice. “His name is David.”

“David,” Charlie said, deciding she was going to have to take this a different way. “How is he? Well behaved?”

“Oh Charlie he is my angel,” Ana exhaled. “He is so calm. He doesn’t cry much at all. He’s so beautiful. Looks so much like his father. Has his dark hair. But the bluest eyes, they’re so blue and big,” Ana smiled. “He’s my sweetheart.”

“He sounds lovely,” Charlie smiled. “Do you think I could meet him? Maybe have a little hold?”

Ana looked worried for a moment. “You just want a little hold?”

“Just a little hold,” Charlie went along with Ana’s delusions, knowing now that this was the best way to handle this if she wanted to get her son back. “You can let me do that, right?”

Ana gave a little nod as she stood up. “I’ll be right back,” Ana disappeared out of the room and returned moments later with Joseph in her arms. Charlie sighed in relief as she put her hand on her chest as she saw her son, feeling her heart beating faster and faster. “David this is your Auntie Charlie.” Ana slowly walked over to Charlie and bent down next to her.

“Hey,” Charlie let a tear roll down her cheek as she lightly rubbed her son’s hand. He felt really warm, but Charlie couldn’t let her worry show. She didn’t want to make Ana flip any more than she already clearly had. “So am I getting to hold him?” Ana gave a little nod as she put Joseph into Charlie’s arms. Charlie felt her heart flutter with the love she had for her son. It was the same feeling she’d had when she first saw him when he was born. “Hey sweetie. You’re a handsome little boy huh?” Charlie sniffed back as she felt overwhelmed that her son was now back in her arms. “Oh wow.” She stared down at him, smiling as she watched as his bottom lip occasionally move ever so slightly as he soothed himself in his sleep. “You want to take him a little walk?” Charlie questioned. “It’s very hot in here. Fresh air will do him some good.”

Ana looked out the window of the kitchen and saw two cars – the police car and Brax’s car – but failed to see any people. She furrowed her eyebrows together before looking back to Charlie. “You’ll keep my David safe from them?” Ana questioned. “I can’t see them but they’ll take him from me if I go out there.”

“Why would they take him?” Charlie questioned. “You’re doing nothing wrong.”

“They think I am a bad mother,” Ana told Charlie. “That’s why they want him.”

“You’re not a bad mother,” Charlie shook her head, having to play along with Ana and make it look like she believed that ‘David’ did indeed belong to Ana. It was the only way she could see her and Joseph getting out of there. “You’re doing great, honestly you are,” Charlie gave Ana the best smile she could. “So....a little walk?”

“Yeah yeah,” Ana nodded. “Fresh air would be good. We’ve been cooped up in here too long,” Charlie lightly rubbed Joseph’s back, feeling he was all hot and clammy through his baby grow. She couldn’t show her worry though, she didn’t know how Ana would react to that. She took a deep breath as she walked to the door and opened it up, walking out of the house, with Ana walking behind her. Brax saw his son safe in Charlie’s arms and breathed a huge sigh of relief and he walked quickly over to them. “No, Charlie, where are you going?” Ana looked over to her as she was now next to Brax, Brax with one arm around Charlie, and one holding his son’s little hand, both of them with huge smiles on their faces as tears fell from both of their eyes in pure joy in having their son back.

“Ana Rosetta,” Ana was surprised as Georgie and Brian came out as if from nowhere, Georgie pulling her hands behind her back. “I’m arresting you for the kidnap of Joseph Braxton. You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.” Georgie read her her rights as she cuffed her.

“No,” Ana struggled. “Charlie, you promised me. You promised they wouldn’t arrest me. You said I’d be okay. Charlie...Charlie...” Ana shouted out but Charlie didn’t hear. She was too engrossed in her baby son being back in her arms to pay attention to anything else going on around her.

Thank you so much for the comments. I have decided to bring this fiction to an end, sadly, as I have enjoyed writing this one very much, but feel the timing is right to wrap it up. Thank you all so much for your support all the way through this fiction. I plan on ending it at chapter 170, so you’ve got 5 left. I hope you enjoy this one.

Chapter 166

Charlie was sitting on the couch, looking down at her son as he sat in her elder son’s arms. After getting Joseph back from Ana, they took him to the hospital to get him checked over, and apart from being hot from being cooped up in the room with no ventilation for a long time, he was in perfect health. She smiled down at them as she ran her hand gently over Joseph’s soft dark brown hair. “I’m happy he is home,” Connor smiled up at his mother. “Why did Auntie Ana have him?” Connor asked.

“She’s just....” Charlie trailed off. “She’s a little sad and thought being with baby Joseph would make her feel better,” Charlie bit her lip. “But then she realised he should be with mummy and daddy.”

Connor screwed his face up. “Well I am happy he is back,” Connor pulled a silly face at him. “He’s my best brother.”

“Mummy is very happy he is back too.” Charlie said with a huge grin on her face as she wrapped one arm around Connor.

“And daddy?” Connor questioned. “Him too?”

“Oh yeah.” Charlie smiled as she thought about how happy and relieved Brax looked when she came out of that house with Joseph. She knew she needed to thank him for being so strong around her, as she knew he would have been hurting just as much as she was when Joseph was missing, but like always, he was her tower of strength.

“When daddy gets back with the dinner can we watch Madagascar?” Connor questioned.

“After dinner, yes.” Charlie told him. She always made a point of them eating at the table as a family. Connor was never allowed to eat in front of the TV.

“No,” Connor shook his head. “We can eat here and watch Madagascar,” Connor said. “Cos it’s special today with us getting baby brother Joseph home.”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she ran her hand across Connor’s head. “Sure, just this one night yeah?” Charlie answered, deciding to let him eat his pizza in front of the TV as a little treat.

“Yes,” Connor cheered. “Joseph you will love Madagascar,” Connor looked down to his little brother who’s big blue eye were constantly moving, looking all around him. “It’s the bestest film, really, it is,” Connor gave a little nod, as if agreeing with himself. “There’s Alex the lion but he is friendly so don’t be scared. He likes to dance,” Connor gave a little laugh and Charlie smiled lovingly at her kids as Connor told his baby brother all about Madagascar’s characters. “Then there’s Melman. He is a giraffe. He’s funny cos he thinks he is really sick and he likes Gloria lots and lots and wants to be married to her,” Connor paused for breath. “Then Gloria is a big hippo and a girl. She’s cool too but Alex is my best one. I have a teddy Alex lion from daddy, it’s my favourite but I called him Darryl like daddy,” Connor gave a little giggle and Charlie continued to smile at her son with his little brother. “Marty is a zebra and he’s the one who escapes the Zoo and the other animals try to find him and that’s how they get taken away on a ship and the penguins and monkeys come too. They’s all funny. Really,” Connor gave a chuckle. “Oh it’s the bestest Joseph, I can’t wait for you to see it,” Connor looked up to Charlie. “Is daddy nearly home?” Connor questioned. Brax was taking Zak for his walk and would be collecting pizza for their dinner from the restaurant on the way home, but talking about Madagascar made Connor all the more excited to watch it.

Charlie looked down to her watch before nodding at her son. “He should be.” Charlie answered, seeing he had been gone some time now.

“He needs to give Zak a nice walk ay?” Connor questioned as he moved Joseph a little in his arms. “Mummy he is getting heavy,” Charlie took Joseph from Connor’s arms, laying him across her stomach and holding him in place with one of her hands. “He likes your cuddles.” Connor smiled as he rested his head against her side, Charlie wrapping her other arm back around him.

“He like cuddles from you too,” Charlie told her son. “You’re such a good big brother.”

“It’s fun,” Connor smiled. “How old is he now mummy?”

“One week exactly.” Charlie told her son, remembering almost too freshly in her mind that this time last week he’d only be minutes away from being born.

“What about Zak mummy, how old is he now?” Connor questioned. “Cos he is getting so big.”

“He’s 7 months,” Charlie worked out. “He’ll still grow a bit bigger yet.” Charlie said.

“That’s okay,” Connor exhaled as he lightly rubbed Joseph’s hand, before smiling as Joseph wrapped his little hand around one of Connor’s fingers. “He can get as big as he wants. I’d still love him and he would be my best dog always.”

“Yeah,” Charlie answered. Although she was hesitant to the idea of Zak at first, she had grown rather fond of him and now couldn’t imagine being without him. “You’re a lucky little boy huh?” Charlie ran her hand over his head. “A puppy and a cute baby brother.”

“And daddy wants us to have a holiday,” Connor grinned. “I’m too excited.”

“Oh yeah and how do you know that?” Charlie questioned, remembering Brax had mentioned the four of them going away the previous night, but with Connor not being in the room at the time, she wasn’t aware of how he knew this.

“Daddy said before when you were talking with Grandma Morag and Ruby,” Connor told her. “We was building lego’s and he said we could go camping all of us and Zak too.”

Charlie screwed her face up, not loving the idea of camping with a new-born baby. Actually if she was being honest, she wasn’t loving the idea of camping at all. “We’ll maybe not camping but you’ve got school holidays in a few weeks so maybe we could go somewhere, hmm?”

“Camping,” Connor told her. “We will camp. It’s what I want to do mummy.” Charlie pursed her lips together as she looked down to Joseph, not sure if a stuffy tent was the best place for a small baby. When Connor got holidays from school in July he’d be only just 4 weeks old.

“We’ll see okay,” Charlie told him and Connor sighed before giving a little nod. “Why don’t you get Madagascar ready to watch because daddy will be nearly home.” Charlie told him and Connor jumped down from the couch and ran over to the cabinet where the DVD’s were kept and hunted Madagascar out.

Brax tied Zak up to the fencing outside of the surf club. “I’ll be right back Zakky boy,” Brax said as he patted his head before he walked up the stairs of the surf club to his restaurant. He stopped at the door as he saw Heath inside, in a deep discussion with Romeo. He walked further in to the restaurant and over to the pair just as they shook hands. “What’s going on here?” Brax was surprised to see Heath and Romeo together, given their history.

“None of your business,” Heath laughed. “Just us doing a little business eh,” Heath smiled smugly. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” Romeo gave a little nod before Heath walked away.

“What’s he doing in here?” Brax asked. “You know he’s not welcome in my restaurant.”

“We were just doing some business like he said.” Romeo replied, looking extremely nervous.

“Oh yeah?” Brax questioned. “And what kind of business is that?” Brax leaned his hands against the bar.

“Not any of yours.” Romeo shook his head.

“It is when it takes place in my restaurant,” Brax said. “Now you tell me what is going on, now,” Brax said. “You hate him after what happened with Indi. How can you be shaking hands with him?”

“Indi is in the past,” Romeo retorted. “I have a gorgeous fiancée and I’d love to keep her. This is why I have to do this.” Romeo swallowed nervously as he looked at Brax.

“Romeo, what do you mean?” Brax questioned. “What are you going to do?” Romeo exhaled as he looked around the restaurant before looking back to Brax.

“You know my sister needs money and Rubes isn’t happy with me giving her our money, right?” Romeo said and Brax gave a little nod. “Well I’ve came up with the perfect solution,” Romeo answered. “I help Heath out on a few jobs and he’ll give me the 3 grand that Mink needs.”

“No, Romeo,” Brax shook his head. “You’re not going to that. I forbid you.”

Romeo sniggered. “You can’t forbid me to do anything,” Romeo said. “And I don’t really have much choice, Brax. I need to help my sister but don’t want to lose Rubes. She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me and I’m just doing what it takes to keep her but be able to help my sister.”

“Fine okay, I love how loyal you are to your sister, I do, and I respect that, but I cannot let you risk going to jail. Getting mixed up with my brothers and their stupid idea’s is never a good thing. You’re risking jail here, you know that right?”

“I won’t get caught,” Romeo shook his head. “Heath promised.”

“Don’t ever take Heath’s word for it,” Brax shook his head. “Think about Ruby. You get caught up in illegal stuff and you’ll lose her for good.”

“She doesn’t have to find out,” Romeo exhaled. “I don’t know what else I can do. I need to do this.”

“Nah, you don’t,” Brax rubbed his forehead before walking across to the office, gesturing for Romeo to come with him. “Give me your keys. I don’t have mines on me,” Romeo passed him the keys from his pocket and Brax opened the bottom drawer, taking out the petty cash box and unlocking it. He brought out the cheque book and grabbed a pen from the desk. “How much do you need again?”

Romeo opened his mouth in shock. “Oh no Brax,” Romeo shook his head. “I can’t ask you to do this.”

“You’re not asking,” Brax said. “This way Mink gets her money, you don’t need to do the robbery or the drug deal or whatever else Heath was going to get you to do in exchange for the money and you can fix things with Ruby,” Brax told him. “Now how much was it for?”

“Three thousand,” Romeo answered. “Really, thank you so much for this. I’ll pay you back.”

“Nonsense,” Brax shook his head. “Ruby is as good as my step-daughter and it’s what you do. Help family out,” Brax said. “Now what’s your sister’s name?” Brax questioned. “Mink?”

“Yeah,” Carpenter. Mink Carpenter,” Romeo told him and Brax wrote her name on the cheque before signing his name across the bottom and tearing the cheque from the book and handing it to Romeo. “Thank you so much Brax,” Romeo spoke quietly. “I eh...really, thank you.”

“Like I said,” Brax exhaled as he put the cheque book back into the petty cash box and locked it shut again, before locking the drawer he put it in. “It’s better than you getting in trouble. You’re a good guy Romeo. Don’t start screwing up now,” Brax shook his head. “Just get things with Rubes sorted. You two have got a great thing going. Don’t let it end.”

“Nah, I won’t.” Romeo scratched the back of his head.

“Right well you get back to work,” Brax said as they walked out of the office, Brax handing Romeo his keys back and walking over to the pizzas that were sitting on the bar, looking at the name on the top and seeing they were for Braxton. “Cya.” Brax said as he picked up the pizza boxes.

“Yeah, bye and thanks. I really appreciate what you are doing.” Romeo gave Brax a thankful smile.

“Really, it’s not a problem,” Brax answered. “Now you get things sorted with that fiancée of yours as soon as yeah?” Brax told him and Romeo nodded, hoping that it wasn’t too late to fix things with Ruby.

Thanks for the comments. :wub:

Chapter 167

Brax put his hand on the door and went to push it open but was a little confused to find it was locked. “Charlie,” Brax called out as he knocked on the door before ringing the doorbell. “Hey, what’s the door doing locked?” Brax questioned as the door opened and Connor took the pizza boxes from him and Brax bent down to let Zak off the lead. He looked up to Charlie who was standing staring at him, holding Joseph in her arms, very protectively. He exhaled lightly, knowing exactly why. “It’s alright,” Brax rubbed her arm. “But Ana is in police custody now and it’s going to be okay. He’s safe here.”

“I know,” Charlie gave a little nod. “I’m just a little uneasy and I felt safer with it locked.”

Brax lightly rubbed her arm once again before looking down to his son in her arms. He smiled at him as he lightly rubbed his little hand. “Hey Pip, you having a nice cuddle with mummy?” Brax cooed. “Yeah...I would be too. Mummy’s cuddles are nice.” Brax placed a soft kiss on his forehead before walking through to the kitchen and putting the dog’s lead away on the hook. Connor had already opened the pizza boxes – a large meat feast and a large mushroom – and sat them on the coffee table.

“Daddy we can eat here,” Connor screeched. “And we are watching Madagascar.” Connor jumped up onto the couch in excitement as Brax pulled out 3 plates from the cupboard before pulling down the roll of kitchen roll.

“Oh yeah?” Brax looked to Charlie for confirmation and she nodded her head as she gently rocked Joseph in her arms as he was falling asleep. “Ah buddy this will be cool then eh.” Brax said as he appeared in the living room and put the plates and kitchen roll down on the coffee table.

“Yeah,” Connor grinned before he jumped down from the couch. “I’m just going to get Darryl the Lion so he can watch Madagascar too.” Connor said before he disappeared up the stairs.

Charlie smiled as she looked to Brax before looking down to Joseph who was now asleep. She knew she needed to put him into the moses basket so he could sleep and she could sit with her fiancé and son to eat their dinner and enjoy the movie together. “He’ll be fine.” Brax spoke encouragingly to Charlie. She took a deep breath before laying him down in the moses basket, staring down as him for a while. Brax walked over to her and wrapped his arm around her waist as he stood next to her.

“Brax, you’re amazing.” Charlie turned herself to face him, wrapping her arms around him.

“Why thank you.” Brax grinned cheekily.

“No I mean it,” Charlie exhaled. “When Joseph was missing you were so strong for me and I know that you’d be worried too.” Charlie gave him a loving smile.

“You know, I don’t think you realise how much you were helping me through,” Brax smiled as he tucked her hair behind her ear. “When I was holding you, hugging you....I was getting your comfort back,” Brax told her. “Maybe you didn’t realise it but you were there for me just as much as I was for you.”

“Oh yeah?” Charlie gave him another smile.

“Of course,” Brax gave a little nod. “You’re amazing too. I feel so lucky to have you and Connor and little Pip is just amazing,” Brax looked lovingly down into the moses basket. “I love you so much Charlie.”

“I love you too.” Charlie smiled as Brax looked back at her and they shared a soft kiss.

“Let’s eat,” Connor thumped down the stairs with Darryl the Lion under his arm before jumping up onto the couch, grabbing a plate and taking a slice of the meat feast pizza. “Oh I need a drink too.” Connor turned his head and looked up at Charlie and Brax.

“I’ll get the drinks,” Brax gave Charlie’s hand a squeeze as they parted slightly. “You start eating.” Brax said before he walked into the kitchen and Charlie walked over to the couch and took a seat next to Connor, getting herself a plate and a slice of pizza.

“Hurry daddy I want to watch Madagascar.” Connor shouted through to the kitchen.

“Yeah I’ll be right there bud.” Brax shouted through as he poured the drinks, extremely happy with how his life had turn out.

“Hey,” Romeo gave Ruby a smile as she joined him at the table in the surf club. “Thanks for agreeing to meet with me.”

“Well you said it was important and Brax seemed to think it would be worth it, so...” Ruby clicked her tongue. “Here I am.”

“Okay well I don’t really have long as I am on a break from work, but, eh....well Mink is leaving.” Romeo told her and Ruby widened her eyes in shock.

“With our money?” Ruby questioned.

“Nope, I couldn’t....I wouldn’t....I had no right to want to give her all that money, and at the of it all, I couldn’t.” Romeo shook his head as he brushed his hand over the table.

“So, she’s just left?” Ruby questioned. “With no money at all?”

“Brax gave me a cheque,” Romeo told her. “He wanted us to be okay and knew if I was stupid enough to give her our money I would ruin that.”

“So you just happily took his money even though he and Charlie just had a baby?” Ruby questioned. “You think that would make me feel any better?”

“It got Mink away, didn’t it?” Romeo questioned. “And I’m going to pay him back. He said I didn’t need too but I will,” Romeo said. “It might take a long time to save but I will, I promise you Rubes. And I didn’t want to take it but, I didn’t know what else to do. I didn’t want to lose you but I wanted....I needed to help my sister,” Romeo looked like he was about to cry. “I love you so much and I don’t want to lose you but I felt like I owed this to her. I needed to help her.”

Ruby stared at Romeo for a moment. “You have a good heart Romeo Smith.”

Romeo gave her a little smile. “I love you so much Rubes. We’ll be okay, right?”

Ruby exhaled lightly as she played with her engagement ring. “Of course,” Ruby gave him a little smile and Romeo returned it with a rather large one. “Just no more offering to give our hard earned cash away to other people, yeah?”

“I won’t,” Romeo gave a little laugh. “I promise.”

Ruby smiled at him as she stood up and walked to his side of the table and sat herself down on his knee. “I love you Todd.” Ruby gave him a cheeky grin before wrapping her arms around him and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

“I love you too.” Romeo answered before they kissed again, this one getting a little more passionate.

Charlie lay Joseph in the little baby bath in his nursery, keeping a good hold of him. Joseph started to scream. He hated bath time. “Aww buddy,” Brax started to lightly clean his body with the soft sponge. “It’s not that bad.” Brax’s voice was calm, trying to soothe his son.

“You have to be clean,” Connor spoke from across the room. He was looking out what sleep suit he wanted Joseph to wear and was having trouble choosing between a plain blue one or a red and grey stripy one. “You don’t want to be a stinky baby.”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “Squirt is right Pip,” Charlie said over Joseph’s screams. “No one likes a stinky baby,” Joseph screams calmed a little, but it was still very evident that he did not like bath time one bit. “Well Brax sorry to disappoint but so far he is showing no signs of being a water baby,” Charlie said. “What are you going to do?”

“I’m not worrying yet,” Brax said as he gently squeezed the sponge over Joseph head, wetting his hair. “He’s only a week old after all. There’s plenty time yet for him to realise he actually does love the water,” Brax squeezed a little baby shampoo onto his hand before gently rubbing it over Joseph’s hair. “Isn’t that right baby?” Brax cooed as Joseph wriggled around, wanting out of the bath. “Aww nearly finished baby,” Brax once again gently squeezed the sponge over his son’s head to get rid of the shampoo. Bath time right now for Joseph was get him out as quickly as possible. They both hated hearing him cry so much. Brax gave one final squeeze of the sponge, making sure all the shampoo was gone. “There you go baby,” Brax put the sponge down in the bath and picked up his baby towel, a yellow towel with a little hood with eyes and beak on the top so Joseph looked like a little duck. He lay the towel over his chest and lifted Joseph from Charlie’s arms, wrapping him up all snuggly. He rubbed his sons back, as he waked over to the changing table and lay him down, while gently rubbing him with the towel to get him dry. “Now Joseph, mummy is watching to see if I get this right,” Brax exhaled as he looked to the creams, lotions and talc that was sitting on display at the back of the changing table. “Right, this one I think,” Brax picked up one of the bottles before giving Charlie a glance and she nodded her head as Connor ran over, the red and grey sleep suit in his hand, Connor looking very satisfied with his choice. Brax opened up the towel and let out a moan as once again, Joseph peed over his t-shirt. Connor and Charlie started to laugh as Brax quickly put the towel back over his son, stopping the spray from reaching him. “Why is it always me?” Brax turned to face Charlie, who along with Connor, was still laughing. “It’s not funny.”

“It’s a little funny,” Charlie put her hand onto her chest as she stopped herself laughing. “Clever baby never doing that on mummy.” Charlie cooed down at her baby as she moved the towel cautiously, but saw he was finished doing his business.

“Next time, Jo-pip, next time,” Brax looked down at his son. “We need to do it to mummy then she will stop laughing at daddy.”

“Connor done it many a time on me,” Charlie told him. “I’ve had my share.”

Brax gave a little laugh. “It stops right?”

“Yes,” Charlie nodded. “He’ll get cold lying there so put some lotion on him so we can get him dressed.” Brax exhaled lightly as he applied his son with lotion before putting some talc on him. Connor passed him up a nappy and he put it onto him before dressing him in the sleep suit.

“There you go,” Brax lifted Joseph up into his arms and lightly rubbed his back. “You need to go to mummy because she needs to feed you hmm,” Brax handed Joseph to Charlie. “And it’s your bedtime buddy,” Brax looked down to Connor. “You want to say night night to mummy and I will read you a story?”

“Can’t you read it tonight mummy?” Connor sighed.

“I need to feed Joseph,” Charlie told him. “But mummy will express her milk soon so daddy can feed him and it will let me be able to read you a story before bed, okay?”

Connor exhaled, saddened. “You can feed him and read,” Connor suggested. “Then we can all be together cos daddy can still come listen.”

“Okay,” Charlie gave a little nod. “I’m sure we can do that for one night,” Charlie said. “You go pick a book and daddy and I will be through soon, okay?”

“Yeah.” Connor cheered before he ran off out of the nursery.

“You alright?” Brax gave Charlie a questioning look.

“Fine yeah,” Charlie bit her lip. “I eh, I just wanted to talk to you about Ana.”

“Oh,” Brax was a little surprised. He didn’t think she would want to talk about her so soon. “Sure what is it?”

“Well, I know she’s in custody right now, but,” Charlie paused for a moment. “I don’t think jail is what she needs,” Charlie spoke tentatively. “I know what she did was wrong but....we’ll I think she just needs a little help. Jail’s not the answer for her. They thought they were getting a baby then he got taken at the last minute from them and she can’t have kids of her own and....it must be heart-breaking what she is going through,” Charlie took a pause to read Brax’s face. So far it was pretty expressionless. “I think she just needs a little help, you know, like I do, but maybe on a little bit of a greater scale,” Charlie added. “What do you think?”

“Ehm,” Brax rubbed the back of his head. “I think she should be punished for this but eh...I get your point, I really do,” Brax gave a little nod. “Eh, if she promises to go to a centre and get help then, yeah, we can eh....we won’t press charges.” Brax said, going along with what Charlie wanted to do.

“You’re sure?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah,” Brax gave a nod. “Like I say as long as she knows what she did was wrong and....well she does clearly need some help.”

“Thanks.” Charlie stepped forward and Brax wrapped his arm around her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“It’s alright,” Brax exhaled. “Now, let’s go read Connor a story.” Brax gave Charlie a smile before they both left the nursery and went to read Connor a story before bedtime.

Thanks so much for the lovely comments. :wub:

Chapter 168

Brax was sitting in bed watching as Charlie rocked on the rocking chair with Joseph asleep in her arms. She was singing twinkle twinkle little star, Brax smiling lightly at the sight of his fiancée with their baby son. “I could sit and watch you with him all night.” Brax gave Charlie a smile from across the room.

“That’s good because I could do this all night,” Charlie replied as she gave Brax a quick glance. “Although I know you are going to make me put him down at one point, right?” Charlie looked scared at laying her son down, and now that Ana had taken him for a while, Brax figured it would make Charlie more likely to want to stay over him all night.

“It would be nice if you did,” Brax answered. “I am a little lonely over here. Need my Charlie cuddles.” Brax said and Charlie gave a little laugh before looking down to Joseph, still getting that feeling of comfort when she watched his chest moving up and down.

“If I fall asleep before you will you promise me that you’ll get up and check on him?” Charlie questioned, Brax noticing that her left hand moved over Joseph’s back and played with the little L pendant from her charm bracelet which she wore on her right wrist.

“I promise you I will.” Brax gave her a smile, knowing that things would get easier in terms of Charlie coming to bed at night instead of watching over Joseph. It would just take time. Charlie took a deep breath before standing up from the rocking chair and placed a soft kiss on Joseph’s temple before laying him down in the moses basket. She watched over him for a minute or two longer before walking over to the bed and getting in, getting herself comfortable, close to Brax. He wrapped his arm around her and she rested her head against him. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead as he rubbed her arm.

Charlie smiled a little. “So, Connor tells me that you have promised him a camping trip?” Charlie turned her head a little so she was looking up at him as she spoke.

“Yeah...I eh, I thought we could go when he is on school holidays,” Brax answered. “The four of us and Zakky boy. Maybe we could even ask Ruby and Romeo now they are back on track,” Brax said as he looked to Charlie and saw she didn’t look too keen on the idea. “No?”

“I’m up for a holiday,” Charlie replied. “I just don’t think taking a month old baby into a tent is the best idea,” Charlie answered. “Maybe we could go back to that place we went after the custody battle with Connor, remember, it was lovely there and we could stay in a proper house, with like beds and running water.”

Brax gave a little laugh. “Yeah it was really nice there,” Brax answered. “But I think the kid is set on camping.”

Charlie screwed her face up. “We’ll need so much stuff and that’s just for Joseph,” Charlie answered. “I really think it would be easier – not to mention comfier – if we went back to the villa.”

“Just because you don’t want to camp, don’t use Joseph as an excuse.” Brax gave a little laugh.

“I’m not,” Charlie sighed. “And I will go camping one day, I promise. Like when Joseph is a couple of years old, then yeah, we can do the whole let’s go camping in the wilderness thing,” Charlie scrunched her face up a little, not loving the thought. “I just don’t like the idea of taking him when he is so young.”

Brax sighed lightly as he rubbed his forehead. “Maybe you’re right,” Brax exhaled. “The main thing is we’ll be away together having a nice family holiday.” Brax smiled.

“Yeah and you know, if you wanted, you and Connor could pitch a tent in the garden and camp out,” Charlie told him. “So, you’re sort of getting the camping experience but can be in the house for proper cooked meals and hot showers and stuff.”

“Is that just your way of saying you don’t want to share a bed with me?” Brax questioned.

Charlie gave a little laugh. “Of course not,” Charlie said. “You and Connor seem to want to do the camping thing so I am trying to make it work.”

“Sounds good,” Brax smiled. “But we’ll have a family talk about it and see,” Brax said. “Like you said, we can have this holiday in the villa this time, then once Pip is a little older we can go out and do the proper camping experience in the middle of nowhere. No running water, no comfy bed, no electricity, no toilets.” Brax raised his eyebrows. “You are going to love it baby.”

“Eugh,” Charlie scrunched her face up. “That I definitely need time to prepare for.”

Brax gave a little laugh as he tucked her hair behind her ear. “Oh Charlie, I love you.”

“I love you too,” Charlie gave Brax a smile before she yawned. “Well I’m going to try to get some sleep before I need to get up to feed little Pip,” Charlie said. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” Brax placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips before he leaned over her and turned off the side light. They lay down in the bed and got themselves comfy, Charlie turning onto her side to face the moses basket where her son lay sleeping. She pursed her lips together as she kept her eyes locked in place, staring at the moses basket until she fell asleep.

Ruby put the bag down in the caravan. She’d spent the previous night still on Charlie’s couch, apart from Romeo, but today, she’d decided she should be with her fiancé. They’d made things up after their fighting and were now looking to the future again, putting the mess with Mink in the past and leaving it there. “Hey.” Romeo gave her a gooey eyed smile, glad to have her back with him.

“Hey to you too.” Ruby gave him an equally gooey eyed smile back before going to open the bag up.

“What you doing?” Romeo questioned.

“Well I was going to unpack,” Ruby answered as Romeo pulled her away from the bag. “But I am guessing you have other ideas?” Ruby looked questioningly to him, cocking her head to the side ever so slightly.

“Well I just thought that maybe....well you know we’ve been fighting and....” Romeo cleared his throat.

“You want make-up sex don’t you?” Ruby questioned.

“Yeah.” Romeo answered without hesitation.

Ruby shook her head lightly as a little laugh escaped her. “What are you like?”

“Well you’re so damn hot and....yeah,” Romeo said and Ruby laughed before going onto her tiptoes and placing a soft kiss onto Romeo’s lips. Romeo wrapped his arms around Ruby as the kiss got a little more passionate. “Mmm.” Romeo lifted Ruby up and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he walked to the bed, gently placing Ruby down on it, and straddling over her.

“Mmm,” Ruby turned her head to the side and pushed Romeo back. “What’s this?” Ruby picked up the sheets of paper that were left lying on the bed, that Romeo had laid Ruby on top of.

“Oh eh I was going to show you later, you know, once we...” Romeo raised his eyebrows before sitting on the bed next to Ruby. “But last night when I got home from work I had a little look online for places for us to live and I finally found an apartment that was in our price range.”

“In Summer Bay?” Ruby scanned the paper, trying to see where the apartment was.

“Yep,” Romeo nodded. “It’s in that new complex that’s opening next month.” Romeo answered.

“The one with the swimming pool?” Ruby’s eyes widened as she looked up to Romeo.

“That’s the one.” Romeo nodded.

“How can we afford that place?” Ruby scrunched her face up.

“Well it’s the smallest apartment size,” Romeo gave a little laugh. “The big ones are way out of our price range but I’ve done the math and we can afford this one.” Romeo looked down to the paper, along with Ruby. It was a two bedroomed place with an open plan living area and kitchen, and of course one bathroom.

“Two bedrooms?” Ruby questioned.

“Well you know, for the future,” Romeo spoke tentatively. “Kids would be in the future, yes?”

Ruby pursed her lips together. She felt guilty about thinking of having other children after giving Aimee up for adoption and felt herself wondering how Aimee would feel to know her birth mother went on to have more kids after giving her up. “Maybe like way into the future,” Ruby exhaled. “Like 10 years away or something.” Ruby was almost 20, and Romeo already 21, so, they had time to wait before children came along.

“Yeah, that’s cool,” Romeo smiled. “And you know there is a spare bedroom there for if we ever need to babysit Connor and Joseph,” Romeo said. “Give your mum and Brax a night off.”

“Yeah,” Ruby smiled lightly. “So, are we viewing this place then?” Ruby questioned.

“Yeah I was planning on phoning the estate agent today,” Romeo replied. “But I thought we could, you know,” Romeo raised his eyebrows. “First.”

Ruby gave a little laugh as she put the papers down on the side table. “Well you best come here then eh?” Ruby questioned and Romeo smiled before leaning in and placing a soft kiss on Ruby’s lips, Ruby wrapping her arms around him as they lay down in the bed as the kiss became more passionate.

Thank you for the comments. :wub: This is the second to last chapter. Actually sad for finishing this fiction, but feel it’s time. Hope you like this one.

Chapter 169

Brax opened the door and smiled as he saw Bianca standing at the other side. “Hey, come in,” Bianca walked into the house to see Charlie building legos with Connor, Connor’s tongue slightly out of his mouth as he concentrated on the house he was building. “Do you want a coffee or anything?” Brax questioned as Bianca looked down to the moses basket where Joseph was sleeping.

“No, I’m alright thanks Brax.” Bianca smiled at Joseph for a few moments longer before taking a seat on the couch. Charlie and Connor stopped playing with the lego, Connor’s eyes settling on the parcels that Bianca had in her hand.

“What you got, Bee?” Connor questioned as he stood up from the floor and walked over to the arm chair where Brax sitting and climbed up onto his knee.

“I brought some gifts for Joseph.” Bianca answered as she ran her hand over the top parcel.

“Aw thanks,” Brax smiled. “You’ve already given us so much stuff though,” Brax said as he glanced at Charlie and saw she was looking down into the moses basket, watching each breath Joseph took. “It really is kind of you, eh Charlie?” Brax continued to stare at Charlie as she kept her gaze on her son. “Charlie....Charlie.” Brax spoke a little louder.

“Sorry, what?” Charlie looked up to Brax questioningly.

“Bianca’s brought stuff around for little Pip.” Brax said as Connor stared down at the presents, saddened. People had been popping in to see the baby with gifts for him for the last few days now, and he felt sad that all the attention was on Joseph.

“Oh,” Charlie smiled at her friend. “That’s really sweet of you, thanks,” Charlie looked to the gifts before looking to Connor. “You want to open it for him squirt?”

Connor exhaled sadly before giving a little nod. Maybe the gifts weren’t for him, but he enjoyed opening the presents up and seeing what Joseph had got. Bianca handed the first parcel to him and he sat down on the floor, ripping at the paper to reveal a play mat. “This looks cool,” Connor said as he looked to the picture on the box. “Wow it’s got the animals on it like in his room,” Connor smiled as he saw it was a safari themed play mat. Brax looked down at the picture and smile.

“Aw wow he’ll love that when he gets a little bigger eh?” Brax ran his hand over Connor’s hair.

“I think the giraffe is a rattle and Elephant had a mirror on its stomach and the monkey does something...” Bianca scrunched her face up.

Charlie gave a little laugh. “You’ll have to check it out for us bud,” Charlie smiled down at Connor. “Then when Joseph is old enough to use it you can show him how it all works.”

“Yeah,” Connor smiled. “I can do that,” Connor gave a little nod of the head. “What else has he got Bee?” Connor looked to the second parcel that was sitting on Bianca’s knee.

“This isn’t for Joseph,” Bianca said. “This is for his big brother.” Bianca smiled down at Connor as she handed him the parcel.

Connor furrowed his eyebrows as he scratched the side of his head. “That’s me,” Connor’s face lit up. “Wow, I get a present?”

“Of course,” Bianca smiled. “You going to open it?”

“Yeah,” Connor yelled in excitement as he ripped at the paper. “Oh my gosh....oh my gosh.....oh my gosh,” Connor shrieked as he picked the DVD up and stood to his feet. “It’s Madagascar 3,” Connor yelled as he jumped up and down on the spot. “Mummy look look,” Connor held the DVD out in front of him so Charlie could see it. “It really is Madagascar, see.”

“Wow you are a lucky boy,” Charlie said before giving Bianca a thankful smile. She knew Connor had been feeling a little left out at all the gifts Joseph had been getting. “What do you say?”

“Thank you so much Bee,” Connor jumped once again. “It’s the best film. Have you saw it?”

“Not the third one no,” Bianca shook her head. “But I think we’ve watched the first two quite a few times together eh?”

“Yeah,” Connor giggled before looking back down to the parcel, seeing another gift. He picked up the red and white checked shirt and laid it over his chest. “I’ll look like daddy in this,” Connor said. “He loves his checked shirts.”

“Yeah.” Bianca laughed.

“I love them Bee thank you.” Connor stepped forward and gave Bianca a hug.

“You’re very welcome.” Bianca smiled at him as he walked back to Brax and showed him the shirt.

“Aw buddy,” Brax spoke softly. “We’ll look like twins now.”

“No, you is way older,” Connor said and Brax mocked offence as Charlie laughed at her son. “We will just look the same though,” Connor said as he put the shirt down on the arm of Brax’s chair. “Bee do you want to watch this now?”

Charlie knew this was coming and gave a little laugh. “Oh boy you are obsessed.”

“Well it’s the best.” Connor said and before he even knew if he was allowed to watch it he ran over to the DVD player and put the DVD into it before searching for the remote.

Romeo looked down to Joseph with a big smile on his face. It was now the 29th of June and was the day of Ruby’s 20th Birthday, and also, Joseph was now 2 weeks old. Ruby and Romeo were going out for a meal later in the day, but had popped over to see Charlie, Brax and the boys before they went out. “And I’m going to take your big sister out for a nice meal for her birthday,” Romeo cooed. “Yes I am.”

Ruby smiled as she watched her fiancé with her baby brother. He was great with him and knew that he’d make a great father one day. Charlie smiled as she watched him with her son. She really liked Romeo and was glad that Ruby had chosen him as her partner. She knew they would be really happy together and he would always treat her daughter well. Most often, Charlie knew that women coming out of abusive relationship were likely to fall pattern and pick another abusive partner but she knew with Romeo she didn’t need to worry. He would never hurt Ruby in that way. He wasn’t the type at all. “Can I ask them mummy?” Connor questioned, bringing Charlie out of her thoughts.

“Ask them what sweetie?” Charlie questioned, not sure what her son was talking about.

“About the holiday at the villa,” Connor asked. “Can I ask?”

“Oh sure,” Charlie gave her son a smile. They’d talked about it a few days before hand and had agreed to go to the villa by the beach where they went the last time they went away, Connor making sure that Charlie would eventually go camping with them one day. “Go ahead.”

“Well Ruby and Romeo,” Connor said as he stared at them both. “We is going to the villa by the beach for my holiday from school,” Connor answered. “In two weekses time,” Connor held up two fingers. “There is plenty of beds in the place and we want you two to come with us for a holiday too.”
Ruby and Romeo looked to each other and both gave a little nod before looking back to Connor.

“Ah yeah,” Ruby answered. “You sure you want us there?”

“Oh yes,” Connor nodded his head. “Romeo is so much fun to play with. He’s the best at building with my legos. And he and daddy can show me to surf better and you build good sandcastles,” Connor said as he pointed to his sister. “We could all have so much fun.”

“The offer is there if you fancy a break,” Brax said. “Would love you to come along though.”

“Eh yeah it sounds pretty cool,” Romeo smiled. “And it would get us out that van too,” Romeo said as he looked to Ruby. “Spend the last two weeks actually in a nice place with a comfy bed before moving.”

“Yeah.” Ruby agreed.

“Oh you got the apartment did you?” Brax questioned.

“Oh yeah we got the call from the estate agent this morning,” Ruby smiled. They’d been to view the apartment a couple of times before telling him they were interested in renting the place. “They’ll be ready for us moving in in a month’s time, so, just when we get back from the holiday I’d imagine.”

“That’s good.” Charlie smiled, not only happy that they’d finally found a place to rent but happy that they were staying in the bay and it was pretty close to Charlie’s house too.

“We can use them to babysit now,” Brax laughed. “Connor will never want to leave the place if there is a swimming pool.”

“I won’t,” Connor shook his head. “I will be there swimming all the time.”

“We’re happy to have them anytime.” Romeo smiled as he gently rocked Joseph in his arms as he stirred a little.

“Don’t tell him that or he’ll be moving in with you.” Brax joked as he gestured to Connor.

“No,” Connor shook his head. “Not without mummy.” Connor leaned to the side on the couch and cuddled in to Charlie. She ran her hand through his hair.

“You’ll just go for visits hmm.” Charlie said as he continued to rub her son’s head.

“Yeah,” Connor nodded. “And Joseph,” Connor said as he looked up to his mother. “We can show him to swim in that pool. It’ll be better than in the sea eh?”

“Well one day we’ll show him,” Charlie said. “He’s a bit young to learn right now.” Charlie gave a little laugh.

“I don’t know,” Brax exhaled. “I can see the headline now. Two week old baby is swimming sensation.” Brax said, causing the adults to laugh a little.

“Mummy can we do the cake now?” Connor questioned as he once again looked up at her. “It looks so good.”

Charlie exhaled as Ruby looked surprised. “It was supposed to be a surprise for Ruby, bud.” Charlie exhaled as she stood up from the couch and walked through to the kitchen to get the cake ready to bring through.

“Oooops.” Connor slapped his hand over his mouth.

“Ah Connor,” Romeo exhaled. “Spoiling the surprise means no cake for you.” Romeo teased but Connor widened his eyes as he looked to Brax.

“Really?” Connor gave a sad pout.

“Afraid so.” Brax nodded.

Connor pouted even more and his nostrils started to flare. “Aww squirt,” Ruby rubbed his head as he looked like he was about to cry. “It’s my birthday and I will say who gets cake,” Ruby told him. “And I say you get cake and how about Romeo and Brax don’t get any for being mean?”

“Yeah,” Connor’s mood changed into a little giggle. “No cake for you or you,” Connor pointed to Brax then Romeo. “Ha ha ha,” Romeo and Brax just laughed as Charlie walked into back into the room, the candles all glowing. They all sang happy birthday to Ruby as Charlie put the cake down onto the table in front of her. “Make a wish.” Connor cheered and Ruby gave him a smile before she blew the candles out and Charlie disappeared back into the kitchen to get a knife and some plates so they could all have a piece of the cake.

Charlie walked out of the kitchen and into the living room where Brax was sitting holding his son in his arms. Charlie gave him the bottle of milk and he stared at it for a second before looking back to Charlie as she sat down next to him. “What do I do?” Brax questioned.

“You feed your son.” Charlie scrunched her face up. She thought it would have been obvious.

“Well I know that, but...” Brax trailed off. “Is there a way I need to hold him or hold the bottle or...” It was the first time that Brax was going to feed to Joseph. He was excited for this moment so wanted to make sure that he got it just right.

“No you are holding him just fine,” Charlie answered as she looked down to her son, who looked comfy in his father’s arms. “Just tilt the bottle like this,” Charlie put her hand onto Brax’s, and moved the bottle, before bringing it down to Joseph’s mouth. Joseph resisted for a moment, but then began suckling on the teat of the bottle, taking in his milk. “There you go.” Charlie smiled as she moved her hand away and looked up to Brax’s face, smiling at the look of pure joy. He looked so happy at feeding his son and Charlie wanted this moment to be remembered. She took her iPhone from the coffee table and took a few pictures of the father and son.

“Getting snaps to show people how awful I am doing?” Brax gave a little laugh before looking back down to his son. Sometimes he still couldn’t believe that he was responsible for making such an adorable baby.

“You’re doing just fine,” Charlie rubbed his arm gently. “How do you like feeding him then?”

“It’s....” Brax exhaled. “I.....”

“I think the huge grin on your face is telling me that you think it’s alright.” Charlie laughed a little.

“Yeah,” Brax laughed. “You enjoying your meal Pip?” Brax looked down to his son once again who was happily drinking from the bottle. “Daddy loves you so much baby, he does. You’re his little star,” Brax smiled. “Yes,” Brax made a cooing sound and Charlie smiled, loving how happy Brax was with his son. “And you have the most amazing mummy you could have; you’re a real lucky bubba.”

“We’ll she’s trying.” Charlie exhaled.

“You are doing amazingly with him. I am so proud of you Charlie,” Brax looked up to her. “You love this little guy so much and you care for him brilliantly.” Brax said. It was always a worry how Charlie was going to be with a baby after sadly losing Lily, but she’d bonded greatly with him from the outset, which brought some relief to Brax.

“Bit over-protective though, right?” Charlie bit her lip. “You know, with my constant need to always be watching over him when he’s asleep.”

“You’re doing better,” Brax gave her an encouraging smile. Charlie had been to a couple of sessions with Wendy and already Brax could see her edging back slightly. “It doesn’t take you as long to put him down once he’s sleeping now, you’re more comfortable with people other than me, Rubes and Connor holding him, you come to bed at night now, babe you are doing so well and just a few more sessions with Wendy and I think you’ll be at peace with being able to let him sleep so you can get on with other things that need doing.”

“I hope so,” Charlie gave Brax an appreciative smile. “I think I’m always going to be a little over-protective with the kids, you know not just Joseph but Connor too, it’s just the way I am, but I know I do need to pull back with the constant watching of him while he’s sleeping. I need to learn that chances are he is going to be safe and I’m getting there,” Charlie exhaled. “At least, I think I am.”

“You are,” Brax smiled before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on her lips. “I always knew you would.” Brax said and Charlie smiled before leaning a little closer to Brax and resting her head against his shoulder, both of them looking down on Joseph as he took his bottle.

Thank you so much for your support on this fiction. Unfortunately this is the last one. :( I hope you like how I've ended it.

Chapter 170

Charlie was sitting on the sun lounger, balancing Joseph on her knee as they watched Ruby, Romeo, Brax and Connor in the water. Connor giggling as Brax threw him away, before he swam back to him, wanting to be thrown away again, Ruby and Romeo with their arms wrapped around each other, just chilling in the water, keeping on giving each other loving looks. Joseph made a little sound as he sat in his mother’s arm. “You want to be out there with them?” Charlie questioned. “One day soon Pip,” Charlie placed a soft kiss on the top of her son’s head. “You’ll need to start liking water first hmmm, because we hate bath time don’t we?” Charlie spoke softly. “But maybe like daddy and your brother and sister you’ll love the ocean too, daddy would love that. He wants to have you surfing before you can even walk,” Charlie gave a little laugh. “I’m sure he does,” Charlie gently rocked a little before placing another kiss on her son’s head. “Oh baby mummy loves you so much, she does,” Charlie smiled. “You’re my little star, you’re amazing baby,” Charlie turned Joseph around so she was looking into his big blue eyes. “I’m so glad to have you sweetheart.” Charlie cuddled Joseph close to her and looked up and smiled as she saw Brax walking back up the beach.

“You two getting on alright?” Brax questioned as Charlie moved on the sun lounger so Brax could get next to her. “She not boring you Pip?” Brax lightly rubbed his son’s cheek as he cooed down at him.

“Ooh,” Charlie gasped. “Mummy could never bore you could she baby?” Charlie cooed.

“Nah I’m sure you couldn’t,” Brax laughed. “Why I came back up eh,” Brax put his arm around Charlie and rubbed the bottom of her back. “Jealous of the little Pip for getting to stay with you.”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “I’m sure you were having fun in the water with Connor.” Charlie said as they both looked out to the water to see Ruby and Romeo now throwing a ball back and forth, just at the edge of the water, Connor being in the middle of them, trying to jump up and catch the ball.

“Yeah I was,” Brax exhaled. “You can go help Connor out if you want,” Brax gave a little laugh as Connor jumped up as high as he could but there was no way he was going to reach the ball. “I’ll hang out here with little Pip.” Brax took Joseph into his arms, placing a soft kiss on his son’s temple.

“Yeah, I’ll go down in a minute,” Charlie looked up to Brax and gave him a smile as he continued to rub the small of her back while keeping hold of his son with his other arm. “I’m quite liking being here with you right now.” Charlie answered as she leaned her head against Brax’s shoulder.

“Yeah, this is rather nice,” Brax placed a soft kiss on her head. “Could sit here with you and my little Pip all day,” Brax smiled. “And Connor is having a great time,” Brax smiled as he quickly looked down to Connor, who was still desperately trying to get the ball from Ruby and Romeo. “Little Pip is relaxed,” Brax looked down to see Joseph had fallen asleep in his arm. “Very relaxed it seems,” Brax said before he and Charlie gave a little laugh. “l’m in a gorgeous location with my fiancée, my boys, Rubes and Romeo...it can’t get much better than this, can it?”

Charlie shook her head as she smiled at Brax. “It’s pretty amazing,” Charlie answered, feeling herself welling up. “Really really amazing in fact.” Charlie pursed her lips together as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Hey, baby,” Brax wiped his thumb across her eye, moving away her tear. “What’s this for? I didn’t mean to make you cry.”

“There good tears,” Charlie sniffed back. “I just....this is the happiest I’ve been since....since I lost Lily and...it feels good. Really really good,” Charlie took a moment to compose herself. “I have two amazing boys, I have my daughter back in my life, what more could I ask for?”

“What about a smart, handsome, brilliant fiancé?” Brax gave her a cheeky smile as he continued to rub her cheek.

“I’m pretty sure I have one of them too,” Charlie smiled up at him. “You’re amazing Brax and I couldn’t imagine my life without you in it.”

“Well it’s a good job I’m not planning on going anywhere, isn’t it?” Brax questioned and Charlie gave a little nod before leaning up and placing a soft kiss on Brax’s lips.

“Eeew yucky.” Charlie and Brax pulled apart and looked up to see Connor standing looking down at them, holding the ball in his hands.

“Hey, buddy,” Charlie wrapped her arm around her son and rubbed his back. “You having a good time?”

“The best,” Connor grinned. “But we are going to play soccer now,” Connor told them. “Ruby and Romeo versus me, you and daddy.” Connor said. “We have to win, okay?” Connor pulled on her arm, and Charlie stood up from the sun lounger. Brax looked up to her before he also stood up and placed Joseph down into his pram, leaving him to sleep. “C’mon,” Connor ran over to where Ruby and Romeo were making goals for the game. “Mummy, daddy....hurry up.” Connor waved his hand, gesturing for them to come across and join them.

Brax exhaled lightly as he looked to Charlie who was looking down at Joseph as he slept in the pram. “You coming?” Brax questioned.

“Mmm,” Charlie gave a little nod. “In a minute,” Charlie answered before leaning up and placing another kiss on Brax’s lips. Brax smiled into the kiss, letting it get a little more passionate as Charlie wrapped her hands around his neck as his hands rested against her bottom. “I love you.” Charlie whispered as she pulled back from the kiss.

“I love you too,” Brax smiled. “Now, c’mon, let’s go.” Brax gestured for them to go and join Ruby, Romeo and Connor, before taking her hand and the pair of them walked across the beach, so they could play a game of soccer with their family.

Archived