Maddy Osborne - Kassandra Clementi

First post here, but been lurking a while.

Can't help but feel Sophie has failed Maddy somewhat since taking over as principle. Offered almost no support since telling Maddy to repeat, and let her quit school without atleast trying to salvage the situation. Begs the question what would be different if Gina was still around.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm another long time lurker, but first time poster here, lol.
I just had to get it off my chest how damn annoying Maddy is. Her character has got to be, hands down, one of the most unlikeable characters since the show began .... and this is coming from someone who religiously watches the old H&A on channel 7/2 every day.
She sends such a terrible message to the younger female viewers by basically showing them that unless they have a guy who they are sleeping with, they aren't really anything at all.
She's the teenage bunny boiler .... self destructive to her own relationships, then obsessive to the point of stalking once the relationship breaks down.
I think the writers missed a golden opportunity to send a positive message to their younger female viewers the other week in the episode where she and Spencer were talking in the gym and he told Maddy it was time to get over Josh and 'move on' .... to where she replied 'who to? You?". That was a perfect moment for her to be told, 'No .... to have time to be by yourself. You don't NEED to always be in a relationship".
And while I'm venting, I may as well say this too .... what's with the skipping all the time?? She keeps skipping around like she's a four year old who's been let loose in a toy store. Grow up!!
Anyway. Rant over :blush:

• Like 1

I just had to get it off my chest how damn annoying Maddy is. Her character has got to be, hands down, one of the most unlikeable characters since the show began .... and this is coming from someone who religiously watches the old H&A on channel 7/2 every day.

She sends such a terrible message to the younger female viewers by basically showing them that unless they have a guy who they are sleeping with, they aren't really anything at all.

She's the teenage bunny boiler .... self destructive to her own relationships, then obsessive to the point of stalking once the relationship breaks down.

I think the writers missed a golden opportunity to send a positive message to their younger female viewers the other week in the episode where she and Spencer were talking in the gym and he told Maddy it was time to get over Josh and 'move on' .... to where she replied 'who to? You?". That was a perfect moment for her to be told, 'No .... to have time to be by yourself. You don't NEED to always be in a relationship".

And while I'm venting, I may as well say this too .... what's with the skipping all the time?? She keeps skipping around like she's a four year old who's been let loose in a toy store. Grow up!!

I agree with everything you just said unlike Maddy bitchy unlikeable female characters in the past such as Amanda Vale, Angie Russell, Jazz Curtis, Gypsy Nash and dare I say Ruby Buckton were somewhat enjoyable to watch just to see what they did next but Maddy is so pathetic and beyond repair even her own boyfriends get sick of her.

Having lost my ex to one of my friends I can totally relate to Maddy and I feel so sorry for her, remember this is the second time this has happened, yes she's being a brat but I think that's the point. I'm not saying sleeping with Josh is ok especially seeing what he's going through right now but she loves him and thinks they can get back together. Evie is a little bitch anyway so I hope she gets hurt big time, she'll find out how it feels for a change.

• Like 1

I don't find Maddy that annoying to be fair. She just wants her boyfriend back. Who lets face it got with Evie while still going out with Maddy.

But if Maddy uses Casey's death or fakes having Josh's baby to get him back.

Then that will be way too far. Her character isn't the most annoying character ever be on the show. Well not for me At the moment that award is going to Denny. But before her it had to be Charlie and Martha :lol:

I'm not sure it's sending a bad message to young female viewers of the show but I certainly agree with your points about the character itself.

Her obsession to get back with Josh is hitting an all-time low as she slept with him when he was at his most vulnerable today after Casey's death and she seems more interested in him than the gravity of the whole situation involving Casey. Maddy is one of the most self-centred and stuck-up characters I've seen in a long time and she doesn't seem very grateful that Roo has fought tooth and nail to ensure that she lives in a stable household and to have a good life. However I do blame Roo recently for not being tougher on Maddy as she's been molly-coddling far too much in recent times.

Please don't start me with her annoying skipping motion. It just makes her come across as immature when I see her doing that and I can't stand it!

• Like 1

I find Maddy to be the most unlikable character I have ever come across with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Every time she's on screen she seems to get worse and sink to a new low. And what I really hate is the way that Roo constantly tip-toes around her and seems to always manage to condone her behaviour and justify what she does.

And as for the ridiculous skipping, well she's immature in everything she does!

• Like 1