Maddy Osborne - Kassandra Clementi

It is very frustrating that not so long ago Maddy and Sasha seemed to be on the way to a decent friendship and now suddenly they're opposite corners of a love triangle and squaring up for a catfight.If the show really was going to put Spencer and Sasha together, then it should have been Maddy that Sasha spoke to about it and Maddy should have been accepting after the initial shock and agreed she should go for it.Instead we have Dexter and Indi and goodness knows who else pushing them together because they've randomly decided they'd make the perfect couple, followed by Spencer and Sasha sneaking around to ensure Maddy's as upset as possible when she inevitably finds out, all to create a load of conflict which seems to be designed to force the audience to pick sides instead of liking all the characters.It's totally unnecessary and really not playing to the characters' strengths.

I'm going to hold on to hope that this is leading to Maddy mellowing out a little. Maybe even a big redemption arc before finally settling down in the Bay as much as Spencer has. Makes me wonder if they are doing a slow character development to shake it up, since most of the characters introduced these days get developments and stories thrown at them all the time... and then they get written into a corner.

The scenes involving Maddy and romance have been the worst for me. The scenes I love involving Maddy have been those with John helping her train, Alf helping her in general and her moments with Jett when he was being bullied.

Sticking characters into triangles is a cycle that needs to be smashed to pieces on this show.

The scenes involving Maddy and romance have been the worst for me. The scenes I love involving Maddy have been those with John helping her train, Alf helping her in general and her moments with Jett when he was being bullied.

Sticking characters into triangles is a cycle that needs to be smashed to pieces on this show.

Triangles are always going to be a part of the show, this is a soap after all. But they need to write all their triangles better, they're doing a good job with Tam/Kyle/Casey, its a pity they're throwing all their good writing in that one and leaving all the cliches for the Spencer/Maddy/Sasha triangle.