Trademark attire from the early years

CaptainHulk

8 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

^_^ Was this a fashionable style in the 90s? I liked it.

Definitely a fashion style which has sort of returned in Australia I notice. But having said that a lot of the 90's fashion in Home and Away looks very much the same as it does now for the guys. I don't think fashion has changed much for guys since the 90's (in Australia at least). Although the tucked in thing is definitely not really a 'thing' now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jacks style is definitely unique to him, I don't recall guys wearing that in the 90's,  definitely recall loud colours, like the shirts the women seem to wear on the show, Pippa's shirt with the ?cut watermelons on it (is that what they are??), is a ripper.

I remember fashions even further back to the 80's, even 70's....yes I am old :D  the 90's feels just like yesterday....hard to believe it is already 20 years ago!:huh:

6 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

80s fashions didn't completely die out in the 90s.

People still wore Rat Tails/Jheri Curls/Mullets as late as 1994! *shiver*

I still see rat tails and mullets from time to time in the city! I think it's worn ironically now or as a nod to the past because they all look like they're in their early 20's.

Ah yes the mullet....party at the back haha

someone forgot to tell Donna it was no longer the 80's....could her hair get any bigger?

Likewise Ailsa's hairdo is also very 80's.

yes many styles carried over well into the 90's.

Angel seems to be stuck in the 70's, I love her style.  I wonder if it was her own personal taste, or if the producers created her wardrobe that way?

I think Angel's style was very much a fashion trend at the time. If you watch shows like Heartbreak High all of the characters in the inner city of Sydney have a very quirky look. I remember that hippy/70's look being seen as so cool back then and I still think it is.

• 3 weeks later...

When Kylie Minogue displayed all her costumes at the V and A museum my friend and I contracted a hilarious plan for a home and away exhibition. I'll scan it and upload. It even had a cafe next door called Tooheys after Carol Toohey. And the centre piece was the Tom/Michael blue hot pants. 

Archived