The Tracey Turner Story

Bretto

Episode 21

The next day (Sunday), Sabrina is laying on her bed listening to the radio when her mother enters the room.

Anne: Darling? Tyra just called.

Sabrina: Tell her to get nicked!

Anne: She has called four times today. What happened at the party last night to make you this moody Sabrina?

Sabrina: Well for starters, Miss I-Think-I'm-Too-Cool treated Brooke Edwards like s***! It got so bad that poor Brooke had an anxiety attack.

Anne: But did Tyra do anything to you?

Sabrina: Yes. She lied to me! I told her to be nice to Brooke and she goes "Oh yeah. I'll be nice." And what does she do? Shows off in front of her putrid friends!

Anne: Why don't you go and visit Brooke?

Sabrina: I can't. She's gone back home to Mittagong. Cam texted me this morning saying that Brooke was so upset that she wanted to go back home. Tyra has no idea how much damage she's done to that poor girl.

Anne: That's a shame.

Sabrina: As for Tyra, she's done her dash with me!

Anne: You don't mean that!

Sabrina: The hell I don't! You know what she did last September?

Anne: Yes I do. Tyra was going over the speed limit at Cordeaux Heights and she kicked a police officer.

Sabrina: I was so embarrassed that night! I had to get Peter's dad to take me back home.

Anne: Where did you go that night again?

Sabrina: We were coming back from Sue Marsh's 18th birthday party.

Anne: Oh right.

Sabrina: If Tyra calls again during the day, tell her I'm not talking to her.

Anne: Okay then. *walks out of Sabrina's bedroom*

At Jacob and Tracey's apartment, Tracey has gotten off the phone with her Gran.

Jacob: Who was that bestie?

Tracey: My Gran. She wants me to visit her in the hospital.

Jacob: What hospital?

Tracey: Westmead.

Jacob: When do you want to go there?

Tracey: Today.

Jacob: Why today?

Tracey: She hasn't got very long to live and I want to see her before she dies. Trouble is, I need someone to drive me to Westmead which is near Parramatta.

Jacob: Do you want me to drive you?

Tracey: You would do that for me?

Jacob: Of course. *gives Tracey a passionate kiss* I love you.

Tracey: I love you too Jacob. *smiles*

Meanwhile, the Jenkins family are leaving Warrawong to move to Bomaderry.

Cheryl: We had some good memories in this house haven't we?

Alan: We sure have.

Gloria: Off to Bomaderry now. A new start for us.

*As the removalists close the door to the back of the moving van, Cheryl hides the keys under the doormat*

Cheryl: Ready to go?

Gloria: Yes!

*Cheryl, Alan and Gloria get into the car and follow the moving van which drives off*

NEXT TIME

- Tracey and Jacob go and visit Tracey's Gran in the hospital

- Janae decides to teach Tyra a lesson

- Abby becomes suspicious when Grace decides to quit modelling

WHEN THE TRACEY TURNER STORY CONTINUES

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 22

At 11:15am on Monday, Janae is at Bellambi train station when she sees Tyra come out of the ladies bathroom.

Janae: HEY BITCH!!!

*Tyra sees Janae and goes over to her*

Tyra: Janae! How are you?

Janae: How am I? VERY ANGRY AT YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO BROOKE!!!!

Tyra: How did you...

Janae: Sabrina told me everything.

Tyra: *sarcastically* That would be right! My cousin telling the whole world what I've done!

Janae: You know what Tyra Bradshaw? You are one heartless person, not too mention a dumb bitch!

Tyra: How am I dumb Janae?

Janae: Cause now Brooke's cousin is after you! You remember my cousin Abby's best friend Camryn West?

Tyra: Yeah...why?

Janae: THAT'S WHO IS AFTER YOU!!!

Tyra: Do you think I care?

Janae: You'll care when I knock you out!

Tyra: I'm not scared of you!

*Janae punches Tyra in the face*

Janae: You deserved that bitch! *walks off*

*Tyra holds her jaw*

At her local modelling agency, Abby arrives for work and waits for Grace. After 10 minutes, Grace still hasn't arrived.

Abby: *to Fey Anderson* Where's Grace?

Fey: Didn't you hear? Grace quit.

Abby: Quit? Grace quit?

Fey: Yeah. She quit this morning.

Abby: That is not like her. I'm starting to worry about her Fey.

Fey: She's obsessed with her weight. Maybe that's why she decided to quit.

Abby: I know.

Fey: You don't think...

Abby: Yes. I think she could be bulimic.

*Fey looks shocked*

Fey: Do you know where she lives Abby?

Abby: Yeah. I'll pay her a visit this afternoon. I need to get to the bottom of it.

Fey: You don't think....

Abby: Yes, Fey. I think Grace is bulimic.

*Fey looks shocked*

In Sydney, Tracey and Jacob are at Westmead Hospital visiting Nancy Turner, Tracey's grandmother.

Nancy: Hello my darling grand-daughter.

Tracey: Hi Gran. *kisses Nancy on the cheek* How are you feeling today?

Nancy: Still gravely ill darling. *looks at Jacob* And who is this young man that's with you?

Tracey: This is Jacob Fomai. He's not only my best friend, but he's also my boyfriend.

Jacob: Hello. *gives Nancy some flowers*

Nancy: What a sweetheart! Thanks Jack.

Jacob: Jacob.

Nancy: Sorry darling. *to Tracey* May I talk to you in private Tracey? You don't mind Jacob?

Jacob: Of course not. You and Tracey have a lot of catching up to do.

Nancy: Thanks.

*Jacob leaves the room*

Nancy: So where are you living now?

Tracey: I'm living in Wollongong with Jacob. I did live with another foster family, but the daughter was a bitch!

Nancy: How many times have I told you to mind your language Tracey? A girl of your age shouldn't be swearing.

Tracey: Sorry Gran. You know something? Gloria reminded me of myself when I used to act up at your place.

Nancy: You weren't that bad.

Tracey: I got expelled for jigging mass at John Therry! The one time I skipped going to mass, they expelled me.

Nancy: You also gave the teachers a lifetime of grief darling.

Tracey: I hung out with a bad group of kids at John Therry. But I always think of two girls that were always there for me, no matter what. They never gave up on me.

Nancy: What are their names again?
Tracey: Nora Phillips and her older sister Sonya. When I was in Year 7, Nora was in Year 10 and Sonya was in Year 12.

Nancy: Oh that's right. Those girls were lovely.

Tracey: Trust me Gran. You did not want to see Sonya when someone picked on Nora. She was a wild animal.

Nancy: My gosh. You've had your problems Tracey, but I always knew that you were a nice, caring and easygoing girl underneath that tough exterior.

Tracey: Thanks Gran.

*Nancy hugs Tracey*

NEXT TIME

- Nancy's condition gets worse

- Sabrina spends time with Cam

- Tracey tells Jacob more about her past

- Janae gets in trouble when Sarah finds out that she punched Tyra in the face

Edited by Bretto

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 23

Later that afternoon, Janae returns home to an angry Sarah.

Sarah: WHAT'S THIS I HEAR ABOUT YOU PUNCHING ON WITH SABRINA'S COUSIN AT BELLAMBI TRAIN STATION?!?

Janae: How did you know about that?

Sarah: I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MRS HICKEY! SHE SAYS THAT SHE SEEN YOU BEATING TYRA UP AS SHE GOT OFF THE TRAIN!!!

Janae: She's lying! All I did was punch Tyra in the face. That's it. There were no transit officers around.

Sarah: AND HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO HANG OUT AT BELLAMBI TRAIN STATION?!?

Janae: *sarcastically* A thousand?

Sarah: I'M REALLY NOT IN THE MOOD FOR YOUR SARCASTIC BEHAVIOUR JANAE ROSE!!!! JUST GET UPSTAIRS BEFORE I SMACK YOU IN THE FACE!!!

*Janae storms upstairs*

At Warilla Grove Shopping Centre, Sabrina is hanging out with Cam.

Sabrina: How's Brooke going? I hope she's okay.

Cam: I spoke to her last night. Her confidence is shattered thanks to Tyra.

Sabrina: I'm so angry at Tyra for what she did to your cousin. I'm really sorry about that.

Cam: Don't worry about it. It's not your fault. You weren't the one who made fun of Brooke.

Sabrina: I'm glad I know that now. *smiles*

*Cam looks down at the ground*

Sabrina: Is something wrong?

Cam: No. Why do you ask?

Sabrina: Talk to me Cam.

Cam: It's just that I think I've got a crush on my P.T at Fitness First.

Sabrina: Does he have the same feelings for you?

Cam: Yes. It's just that I don't want to be in a relationship right now. Not after what happened last year with my ex-boyfriend.

Sabrina: Do tell.

Cam: Well, my ex-boyfriend used to treat me like s**t that's all I have to say. The relationship lasted three months before one day I had enough of him mistreating me, so I dumped him right in front of his workmates!

*Cam and Sabrina laugh*

Cam: You got a boyfriend Sabrina?

Sabrina: I've been with my partner for two years now. We hardly fight at all.

Cam: I haven't seen you with him.

Sabrina: That's because he moved to Sanctuary Point in February to live with his dad.

Cam: I have to say Sabrina. Your boyfriend really seems to care about you.

Sabrina: And I care about him too. *smiles*

*Cam smiles back*

The next day (Tuesday), Tracey and Jacob go back to Westmead Hospital to visit Nancy, where they are greeted by a nurse.

Nurse: Are you Nancy Turner's grand-daughter?

Tracey: Yes. Has something happened to Gran?

Nurse: I've got some rather bad news about her. Her condition worsened overnight, so she's going to need a lot of rest today.

Tracey: *rather harsh* Okay. We'll come back later this afternoon.

Jacob: Tracey...

*Tracey runs off without saying anything*

Nurse: I didn't mean to upset her.

Jacob: I know. You were just doing your job. But I think something else is bothering her. *walks off to find Tracey*

(Tracey is sitting on a bench outside the hospital with her arms folded)

*Jacob sits next to Tracey*

Jacob: Bestie?

Tracey: I wanted to just spend more time with Gran. Was that too much to ask that stupid nurse?

Jacob: Hey, hey. Don't get worked up. I understand that you wanted to see you Gran, but...

Tracey: It's not that Jacob! I know that once she dies from this illness, I'm going to have no family members left.

*Jacob puts his arm around Tracey*

Jacob: You've still got me and the rest of us.

Tracey: All I ever wanted to do was to be part of a family. But no! My father molested me from the age of 8 until I was 11 when my mother killed him. She then turned the gun on herself and later died. That's why I got sent to live with Gran. And what did I do? Shoplifted, drank alcohol and partied all night! While Gran was in and out of the hospital, I did those things that I regret doing! But that's not all! I had to go to court for spitting on a policeman when he arrested me for stealing a can of soft drink from Jewel Supermarket!

Jacob: Oh Tracey. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a rough life.

Tracey: Then earlier this year, I was sent to live with a family in Summer Bay because Gran was sent to hospital again. That turned out to be a disaster because I kept having altercations with this girl named Sophie. She cracked my rib during one of our altercations, but I deserved it because I set her up! And how did I do that? By planting cigarettes into her school bag! What sort of person am I Jacob? *breaks down in tears*

*Jacob pulls Tracey into a hug as she sobs*

NEXT TIME

- Abby confronts Grace about her decision to quit modelling

- Tracey sees Nancy one last time

- Janae and Sabrina run into Robyn Masters at Westfield Warrawong and discover that she never liked Gloria!

Episode 24

On Wednesday, Janae and Sabrina are walking around Westfield Warrawong. They decided to hang out for the day.

Janae: I hope Tracey's okay.

Sabrina: I'm sure she'll be fine Janae. She loves her Gran very much.

Janae: I just wish I had the same amount of love Tracey does for her Gran for the rest of my scummy family members. Mum's side of the family to be exact.

Sabrina: Who do you hate the most out of your Mum's side of the family?

Janae: Aunty Kim. She's a lowlife! Next to her is Sandra, who is just like Aunty Kim.

Sabrina: Are they related?

Janae: Sandra is Aunty Kim's daughter. Looks like her mother too. Sad sight. *smokes some weed*

Sabrina: I don't think we're allowed to smoke that stuff inside the shopping centre.

Janae: You've seen me do it before Sabrina.

Sabrina: And got told off by one of the security guards.

Janae: That was funny. *sees Robyn Masters walking towards them* Is that Robyn?

Sabrina: Who?

Janae: My old primary school friend Robyn Masters. *yells out* ROBYN!!!!

*Robyn looks at Janae*

Robyn: Janae? Is that you? How ARE you? *gives Janae a hug*

Janae: Couldn't have been better. How are things with you? How long has it been since I last saw you?

Robyn: Three years. The last time I saw you was around Easter 1988.

Janae: That's right. We went ran into each other at Crown Street Mall.

Robyn: *to Sabrina* Hi.

Sabrina: Hello, I'm Sabrina Wren.

Robyn: Robyn Masters. *they shake hands*

Sabrina: Janae tells me you were good friends with Gloria Jenkins.

*Robyn scoffs*

Janae: Robyn?

Robyn: Did you honestly think I would be friends with that little twit? She's one of the most annoying people you could ever meet! I never liked how she picked on Janae in primary school. I wanted to be friends with Janae, but I couldn't cause of that bitch!

Sabrina: If it makes you feel better Robyn. I hate her too. You know what I used to call her?

Robyn: What?

Sabrina: Nerdy-Bird!

*Robyn and Janae crack up laughing*

Janae: I must tell you something Robyn. Gloria's gone!

Robyn: Did the bitch move? Where to?

Janae: Bomaderry.

Robyn: THANK GOD!!! *high-fives both Janae and Sabrina*

Janae: Still living in Mangerton?

Robyn: Yes. So, what was Gloria like in high school?

Sabrina: We'll tell you over lunch. Care to join us?

Robyn: Oh absolutely. *smiles*

*the girls walk to the food court*

In the nearby suburb of Woonona, Abby decides to go to Grace's house to confront her about why she quit modelling.

*Abby rings the doorbell*

Grace: *from inside* Coming. *opens the door* Oh hey Abby. Come on in.

Abby: Thank you. *comes inside* I hear that you've quit modelling.

Grace: Yeah. It just wasn't for me. I don't want to do something that I'm not happy doing. *smiles weakly*

*Abby doesn't buy it*

Abby: Cut the crap Grace.

Grace: I'm sorry?

Abby: The only reason you quit was because you thought you kept putting weight on when in actual fact you didn't.

Grace: Where is this coming from Abby?

Abby: I've SEEN it with my own eyes Grace! You've been vomiting after meals, you're defensive and you've been very secretive. I think you are suffering from bulimia AND anorexia.

Grace: That's a load of garbage!

Abby: Oh really?!? Then WHY have you been using this! *snatches the tea tree oil bottle on Grace's coffee table*

Grace: It's to help me lose weight.

Abby: Grace! I need you to listen to me! People DIE from anorexia and bulimia!

Grace: WHY DO YOU CARE ALL OF A SUDDEN?!?

Abby: BECAUSE I AM YOUR FRIEND DAMN IT!!! *shakes Grace violently* CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU?!?

*Grace starts to cry*

Grace: I just want to be beautiful Abby. That's all I want.

Abby: *now crying herself* I know. But starving yourself and making yourself sick is not the answer.

Grace: I need help badly.

Abby: I will help you. I promise.

*Abby hugs Grace and they cry together*

In Sydney, Tracey and Jacob have arrived at Westmead Hospital to see Nancy. The nurse comes out with a sad look on her face.

Nurse: Miss Turner?

Tracey: Yes?

Nurse: I'm sorry to inform you that your Gran passed away a short time ago.

Tracey: Oh no. *covers her hand with her mouth*

Nurse: You and your friend may go and see her before we take her to the morgue.

*Tracey and Jacob go inside and see Nancy laying in her bed unable to wake up*

Tracey: I love you Gran. *kisses her on the forehead* You were always great to me. *walks off in a hurry before Jacob can see her cry*

Jacob: Goodbye Nancy. *kisses Nancy's forehead as well before going to find Tracey*

*Jacob sees Tracey sitting on the parking lot floor next to his Holden Kingswood crying her eyes out*

Jacob: My bestie. Your Gran would not like to see you all upset. *sits next to Tracey and pulls her into a hug*

Tracey: It's not fair Jacob. I lost the one family member I had left. Why did she have to die?

Jacob: You knew she was sick for a very long time. But you aren't alone. You still have me, Janae, Sabrina, Peter, Lilly and the rest of us.

Tracey: What are we going to do about the funeral preperations?

Jacob: I'll make sure that she has one. I love you Tracey. I love you with all my heart. I hate seeing you upset.

*Jacob hugs Tracey tighter as she sobs*

NEXT TIME

- Tracey returns to Warrawong a broken girl

- Cam comforts Abby over her decision to help Grace

Episode 25

Later that afternoon, Abby is at Cam's place talking to her about Grace.

Abby: I've decided to help Grace fight her battle with her anorexia and bulimia issues.

Cam: I'm proud of you bestie. I know this must be hard for you, but you did the right thing.

*Abby lets out a sigh*

Cam: Abz?

Abby: I'm just worried that once Grace goes to get help, they'll probably put her in hospital.

Cam: That can happen you know. But I'm positively certain that they won't put her in hospital.

Abby: You are absolutely right Cam. *smiles*

*Cam gives Abby a hug just as the door starts knocking*

Cam: I'll get that. *opens the door to find Janae standing there* Janae? What's up?

Janae: It's Tracey. She's shattered!

Abby: What's wrong with Tracey cuz?

Janae: Her Gran died at around lunchtime today. She just called me saying that her and Jacob are on their way back to Warrawong now. You should've heard her. It was so heartbreaking. *starts to cry*

*Abby hugs Janae*

Abby: It's okay. What Tracey needs right now is all of us to support her.

Janae: *wiping away her tears* You're right cuz. Let's go to Jacob's. They should be back now.

*Abby, Cam and Janae leave the flat*

At Jacob and Tracey's, Tracey is sitting on the couch with tears streaming down her face when Sabrina, Janae, Peter, Lilly, Cam and Abby enter the house.

Sabrina: Tracey?

*Tracey flies into Sabrina's arms and breaks down*

Janae: Oh Tracey. *hugs Tracey as well*

Tracey: It's not fair. Why did she have to die?

Lilly: Death is a fact of life I'm afraid. It's very hard, but at least they are not in pain anymore.

*Abby gives Lilly the dirtiest look ever*

Peter: We're all here for you if you need anything. Where's Jacob?

Tracey: In the bathroom. He's pretty cut up about it too.

*Jacob comes out of the bathroom. He's been crying as well.*

Peter: Man?

*Jacob hugs Peter and breaks down*

Cam: Let's hug.

*Everyone surround Peter and Jacob and they get into a group hug*

NEXT TIME

- Tracey starts making funeral preperations for her Gran

- Abby gets into a verbal stoush with Lilly

- Sabrina decides to call her sister Leah