Kate Ritchie would only return for "great story"

Guest cadyctslover

Digital Spy Article

Kate Richie has been quoted as saying if she returned to H&A it would have to be for a great story.

As much as I love Sally, in a way I hope she doesn't come back because her departure was so perfect :) . It's also a good chance for the actress to explore new projects and move on from the typecast.

If she did return though I certainly wouldn't complain, that is as long as Bevan Lee returned as Script Producer for a period, to ensure the scripts would be really excellent for her return.

Sounds to me like Kate is, in a round about way, asking the writers to come up with a good story and invite her back.

Personally I don't want her to come back to the current show.

If they fix H&A, and make it like it should be, then they can consider bringing her and anyone else back. They have already ruined Marilyn and (to a lesser extent) Roo.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't hope that Sally returns at all... Her story has been told, she had a good departure and bringing her back will ruin that. If she returns one day I hope it will be only for a little stint like Pippas in the Sally years or like Barbara and Celia did for Alf's 60 birthday, and Steven and co did for Sallys departure.

I do only like returns if they are about characters who didn't got the departure they deserved, and their returns is to give them a better ending. For example what on earth was the point of bringing Gypsy and Will back??? They had their very good ending in early 2000's and their return destroyed completely their characters. Well breaking them up was a bit unessescary even I didn't like their relationship. But to make Will become a murderer was really totally disgusting, he was a good character! And there was no need to make Gypsy into a nightmare of a mother either.

Kirsty and Kanes return should have been used to clear him for the robbery he was blamed for when they first left, and not do the opposite....

I would like characters like Jesse, Aden, Roman, Kane come back because their departures were so unfair... just threw a lot of character building storylines out of the window. Angelo could have come back to bring Brax down, and also to pay for Jacks death....

Sounds to me like Kate is, in a round about way, asking the writers to come up with a good story and invite her back.

If they fix H&A, and make it like it should be, then they can consider bringing her and anyone else back. They have already ruined Marilyn and (to a lesser extent) Roo.

How have they runied Marilyn and Roo??.

If anything Roo character is lot more likeable now.

I don't hope that Sally returns at all... Her story has been told, she had a good departure and bringing her back will ruin that. If she returns one day I hope it will be only for a little stint like Pippas in the Sally years or like Barbara and Celia did for Alf's 60 birthday, and Steven and co did for Sallys departure.

I agree really, unfortunately I think it really was a hugely wasted opportunity not to bring her back for Miles' departure in 2011. It was so low-key and "I think I'm going to leave... tomorrow", which smacks of bad planning, but perhaps Josh didn't give them a lot of notice.

I would have really liked Sally to return for a few episodes to act as a mediator between him and Leah, and their relationship problems following the miscarriage. I think she would have been the best person to open Leah's eyes to the pain Miles was also experiencing. When it still became clear their differences were irreconcilable, he could have joined Sally on her travels. Oh well, it was not to be.

I do only like returns if they are about characters who didn't got the departure they deserved, and their returns is to give them a better ending. For example what on earth was the point of bringing Gypsy and Will back??? They had their very good ending in early 2000's and their return destroyed completely their characters. Well breaking them up was a bit unessescary even I didn't like their relationship. But to make Will become a murderer was really totally disgusting, he was a good character! And there was no need to make Gypsy into a nightmare of a mother either.

I was intrigued to see both Will and Gypsy return, but I didn't really enjoy either appearance. It just goes to show that they didn't learn anything from the reaction towards Chloe's return and death in 2005. I think the audience likes to see the return of old characters, but if they're going to be killed off or worse still completely changed beyond recognition, then what's the point?! I don't feel as though they really ruined Gypsy, and I feel she was somewhat redeemed before her departure, but I don't think it was necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

How have they runied Marilyn and Roo??.

If anything Roo character is lot more likeable now.

Marilyn was ruined during the whole Nicole baby storyline but she's much better now.

If Sally were to come back (which would be awesome) I hope it will be done perfectly and for her to not be ruined. They have the tendancy to ruin returning characters - Will & Gypsy, Kirsty & Kane. I would also hope Bevan Lee would return just to write her episodes; I feel like Lucy & Louise wouldn't know how to do it.

I hope that if Sally were to come back, then Bevan Lee would make the 'Executive Decision' to return to a more active role in the show for at least another 6 months again.

He stepped in to assist with her departure, so I feel if she returned then he should write her return.

I have no doubt that if Louise Bowes had complete control at the time, then Sally's return would be a sub-sub-plot in an episode where an old enemy of Brax's comes back from the dead to settle an old score :rolleyes:<_< .

Archived