Best of DVD

Guest Blaxland 89

. I mean, when was the last time a H&A DVD was even released?

Weddings DVD which reached UK shores in early 2007.

That was a pretty good compilation DVD but that was over 5 years ago! Previous releases have been bitterly disappointing so no wonder loads of fans didn't bother buying them. They really should make a DVD including some best episodes from throughout the years or perhaps a DVD containing all Season openers and finales.

My 'Best Of' compilation

1. The Beginning: the Pilot Episode and Episode 1

2. Sandra Barlow's dramatic exit

3. Dodge's Demise: Episodes 372–375

3. David being knocked off

4. Meg's death (975) (very popular) also her funeral

5. Sophie having the baby

6. Pippa's baby cot death (1221 & 1222) and also the funeral

7. Bobby's death & funeral

8. Shane & Angel's wedding

9. Alsa going insane (Bobby in fridge)

10. Angel's plane crash

11. Dylan rescued from Paul's clutches

12. The Summer Bay Bushfires

13. Shane's death (1878–1880)

14. Michael's death & funeral

15. Mr Fisher being held hostage overnight at gunpoint

16. The Earthquake

17. Episode 2000

18. The 1996-97 cliffhanger Brad in the bush and in hospital (also, Cloe's "attack" and Richard shooting the alleged perpetrator outside court)

This is going off-topic slightly but I was thinking of buying the H&A: Weddings DVD from Amazon. However, it doesn't really specify whether it includes individual wedding episodes or if it just has clips pasted together. It's only £6 but I don't really want to buy if it doesn't have individual episodes.

The only episode on the weddings DVD is Leah and Vinnie's wedding, which tbh, is one of the worst pre-2004 ones they could have chosen. From what I remember it's the perfect wedding... but with no emotional aspect to it, so it falls flat.

As for a best of DVD... If I had a personal choice of any ten episodes, I wouldn't ask for the first six on this list, because I have them all already, but if I was choosing episodes for a DVD for everyone...

Some great 'self-contained' episodes...

Pilot

Episode 219- Summer Bay High Graduation

Episode 275- Bobby accepts Donald as her father

Episode 527- Aftermath of Tom's death

Episode 738- Bobby fosters Sam

Episode 975- Meg Dies

Episode 1221- Dale's cot death

- Bobby's life support is turned off

- The bushfire

Episode 1912- Michael Drowns

Episode 1975- The Earthquake

Here goes

Fun Run - 203

Shannon's essay- 2165

Cyclone - 2251

School Play Debate - 2282

Christine McKenzie Immigration Debate - 2310

Vinnie vs Tom Iron Man - 2325

Vinnie's double date - 2430

Diana Drunk - 2592

Hayley's 18th Party- 3027

Sally discovers who Milco is - 4570

I honestly surprised myself. I knew I wouldn't choose the deaths or marriage as I get a bit fed up with them. And they are much better in context of the story and not stand alone episodes imo. I have always preferred character lead things and most of my episodes involve character analysis. But it looks as of I dont really like the 80s episodes or the golden age but I absolutely love them. Maybe its the whole eras I love but I cant pick out certain episodes. For instance, There is a 2001 ep on my list which is my least favourite year, bar 2006. I guess I think there was a lot of creativity in the 2000s but not necessarily dramatic.

. I mean, when was the last time a H&A DVD was even released?

Weddings DVD which reached UK shores in early 2007.

That was a pretty good compilation DVD but that was over 5 years ago! Previous releases have been bitterly disappointing so no wonder loads of fans didn't bother buying them. They really should make a DVD including some best episodes from throughout the years or perhaps a DVD containing all Season openers and finales.

I haven't bought any of the DVD's. I've seen them at various times but I found them all quite 'plain'. The Romance and Wedding DVD's were pretty pointless Imo because they're just short clips. Plus they mainly focus on the later years. You can pretty much see those short clips on Youtube. They would be good as one off TV sows about Home and Away, but worth paying for? Not for me.

It's hard to pick 10 but I think this is a definitive list. Most of these were shown on the 5* run in the Summer.

1. Pilot

2. Meg's Death

3. Dale's Death

4. Bobby's Death

5. Fisher & Marilyn's Wedding

6. Mirigini Disaster

7. 2002 Season Finale

8, 2004 Olympic Cliffhanger

9. Episode 4000

10. Sally's Departure

Here goes

Fun Run - 203

Shannon's essay- 2165

Cyclone - 2251

School Play Debate - 2282

Christine McKenzie Immigration Debate - 2310

Vinnie vs Tom Iron Man - 2325

Vinnie's double date - 2430

Diana Drunk - 2592

Hayley's 18th Party- 3027

Sally discovers who Milco is - 4570

I honestly surprised myself. I knew I wouldn't choose the deaths or marriage as I get a bit fed up with them. And they are much better in context of the story and not stand alone episodes imo. I have always preferred character lead things and most of my episodes involve character analysis. But it looks as of I dont really like the 80s episodes or the golden age but I absolutely love them. Maybe its the whole eras I love but I cant pick out certain episodes. For instance, There is a 2001 ep on my list which is my least favourite year, bar 2006. I guess I think there was a lot of creativity in the 2000s but not necessarily dramatic.

Interesting list, what was so special about Hayley's 18th Birthday Party. I do remember it but there wasn't anything special about it from memory. I know you disagree, but I thought 2001 was a good year for the show.

Archived