Make Your Own Family (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

ScreamingQueen2006

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice ending with Dalla's asking Dexter to marry her. Nice to see Sally and Liam happy too. Felt abit sorry for Leah there being the only one single.

Excellent story look forward to more stories if you write any.

Edited by pembie

LOOOOVED that Dallas proposed to Dex !!!!!!!!! ADORED this final chapter, most especially ......

Sasha eyed him suspiciously.“How okay is…‘okay’?”

“We were civil.Courteous.Two mature adults who were once in a relationship and have now learned to co-exist peacefully for the sake of the children that they both deeply care for.”

Sasha looked at him sympathetically.“Wow.That must really suck.”

“It did lack a certain sense of fulfilment,”Dexter admitted.

Heath and Casey had been keeping out of the way in the kitchen but now they came over to them. “Dude, you have got nothing to complain about,”Heath told Dexter,“Despite being a total wuss, you have managed to pull two of the most gorgeous women I’ve ever seen.”

“Ahem?”Indi interceded.

“Apart from your sister,”Heath continued without looking away from Dexter,“Which is a good job cos that would be kind of weird.So, no doubt you’ll have another gorgeous woman come along soon.”

Liam nodded.“Okay, well, we’ll take a rain check.”He gave her a lingering kiss before making his exit.

Leah raised an eyebrow as Sally came back to sit with her.“Maybe I should be asking you how life in a relationship is treating you?”

“We’re not talking about me,”Sally reminded her.

“Well, it’ll take my minds off things.”

“It’s…pretty good,”Sally admitted,“I’m feelings things that I haven’t felt in a long time.”

“I know what you mean,”Leah agreed,“I felt things with Dexter.I’m not saying I was in love with him or anything…”

“Hey, I never said I loved Liam,”Sally protested.Leah gave her a look.“But…maybe I do, a bit,”she conceeded.

Dallas was standing there, William and Louis holding onto her hands.Dexter noticed that all three of them were carrying bags.She didn’t say anything.She just smiled hopefully.

Dexter held the door open and let them inside.

Dexter had put William and Louis to bed in their old room.If it wasn’t for the fact that most of their belongings were still packed away, he’d have thought that the last few months had never happened. He headed back into the lounge where Dallas was sitting and looked at her awkwardly.“So, er, what is this?”

“This…this is me admitting I may have made a mistake.”Dallas looked at him sincerely.“Dex, I was on my own with William for a long time.And I managed.Maybe I managed a bit too well, I got used to being able to do things my way.So I thought that I could do that again, manage on my own.But truth is…I got lonely.”

“You could get a dog?”Dexter suggested.

Dallas laughed.“I’ve got two kids.I don’t need a dog.I need…I need the best thing that’s ever happened to me.Do you think there’s a chance?”

Dexter looked at her in surprise.“Were you talking about me just then?”She nodded.“Maybe… maybe there is a chance.I kind of want there to be.I’m just not sure what we can do.”

“We could get married.”

Dexter didn’t think he could feel more shocked.He was wrong.“What?”

Dallas knelt down in front of him, taking his hand in hers, a smile on her face.“Dexter Walker…will you marry me?”

He leaned forward and kissed her.And it felt like she’d never been away.

This has been such an AWESSOME fic !!!!! Yeah, MUCHLY muchly enjoyed it !!!!!!!!!!!

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Make Your Own Family (by Red Ranger 1) - comments